Top Eight Reasons NOT to immigrate to Canada

nelk

Electoral Member
May 18, 2005
atlantic canada
Interesting topic; whow to the response .

But here is an item to help offset the other eight :

In Canada you have a great chance to be (re)elected if you are either gay, criminal or bipolar or even better all three.

All the power to you
nelk

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
nelk said:
Interesting topic; whow to the response .

But here is an item to help offset the other eight :

In Canada you have a great chance to be (re)elected if you are either gay, criminal or bipolar or even better all three.

All the power to you
nelk

Hah. I fully agree, nelk.

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
For the conservative minded folks, here are 10 reasons NOT to immigrate to Canada.

1. High taxes
2. Too easy on criminals
3. Gay marriage overrides traditional values
4. Government polices interferes with freedom of religion
5. $ 2 billion dollar gun registry penalizing the law abiding instead of the criminals
6. Inefficient healthcare system
7. Government is pro-abortion
8. Too much spending on social programs such as welfare
9. Very weak Canadian military
10. The US is just a stone's throw away and overall better choice

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Oh fun times eh? if you want to go back to the stone age...follow nascar, a human being so afraid of anyone or anything different, you can almost pity him :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Nascar_James said:
For the conservative minded folks, here are 10 reasons NOT to immigrate to Canada.

1. High taxes
2. Too easy on criminals
5. $ 2 billion dollar gun registry penalizing the law abiding instead of the criminals
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

you made this crap up, didn't you??? :roll:

What in hell makes you think CA even wants a traditional military anymore.??? It is so passe.......and outdated. The US is the only country that puts the MILITARY spending and focus FIRST. very old empirish . All braun and few brains. Sheesh.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Top Eight Reasons NOT

i just want to know how our government interferes with freedom of religion. Maybe James the Non-Man can explain that.

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
Ocean Breeze said:
Nascar_James said:

1. High taxes
2. Too easy on criminals

I wish I did Ocean, but sadly enough it's true.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Nascar_James said:
Ocean Breeze said:
Nascar_James said:

1. High taxes
2. Too easy on criminals

I wish I did Ocean, but sadly enough it's true.

sadly NJ.......and with due respect........your personal biases /prejudices are showing in that list. The list is NOT TRUE.........it is your perception of the situation.

Your "list" is begging the witness .

Pro abortion: I fecking hope so........as this means it is pro choice. Freedom means pro choice. means free choice. There are laws to define boundaries. (as there should be)

Gay marriage.??? Hope so........again people choices , over rule "gender" issues and biasis.

these are just a coupla examples.

and BTW: no one is forcing you to come to CA.......so what is the problem???

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
Re: RE: Top Eight Reasons NOT

Reverend Blair said:
i just want to know how our government interferes with freedom of religion. Maybe James the Non-Man can explain that.

Politicians have no right to butt in telling the Catholic church that it's wrong to deny communion to politicians that support abortion. The Catholic Church has every right to deny communion to any who's not a Catholic.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Politicians have no right to butt in telling the Catholic church that it's wrong to deny communion to politicians that support abortion. The Catholic Church has every right to deny communion to any who's not a Catholic.

Politicians never legslated who the Catholic church gives communion too. They did stand up and remind the church that it has no business trying to dictate Canadian policy. So did thousands of other Canadians, including Catholics and even priests.

Martin's own parish priest said that he would keep giving communion to Paul Martin.

cdn_bc_ca

Electoral Member
May 5, 2005
Vancouver
While some of the things that are mentioned in the article are a little heavy handed, I personally believe that some of the points are valid.

"Canadian Embassies around the world lie to foreigners, painting this picture that Canada is Utopia, because they want them to come to Canada. Why? Because foreigners bring money!"
Currently the reason is money, but previously it was labour. I went on a tour of the Canadian Rockies by train and learned alot of how Canada built the railroad using imported labour from China. How did they do it? Using the exact same techniques as the quote above. Then when those poor immigrants get here, things are not what they seem. Nothing has changed.

Very high taxes
While I get the feeling that most people on the board are happy with the taxes they are paying, I really don't agree. I don't see any value from the taxes that I pay. I mean, a quarter of my income goes to taxes, my property tax has gone up again, I'm getting a tax that is taxed ontop of that for filling up my car. gee, the list goes on and on. This taxing business is getting out of control. Where does this money go? Why is it that politicians get such good pensions? Why is it that a person can go to jail and get free education? What's with the free injection sites for addicts? Seems like the value is going to different places and people. Maybe that's why when used to volunteer for a local charity I always get the excuse of "No, I pay taxes" when asked for a donation.

No jobs
Depends on where you come from. If the institution where you got your degree from is not recognized in Canada, then you are shit out of luck. I think the reality of this is any institution from a third world country. I used to work in a Chinese restaurant in my teen years as a delivery driver. I've never seen a 40 year old dishwasher before (as usually they are just kids on a summer job like me) and I eventually found out that the guy is actually an engineer... I don't know what he's doing now, but I wish him the best of luck.
BTW, if you are wondering why there are so many immigrants in our universities, it is because our institutions are highly recognized in other countries. So much so, that visa students are willing to pay in excess of 5 times the tuition of what a Canadian citizen would pay. But the end result is that they return home and earn top dollar. So yes, those of you who say that they should go back to their own country, well, they are actually doing that.

Pro Abortion
Touchy subject, but I believe the choice should be up to the mother. As for this murder thing, well, when the time comes when we can all agree on the issue of when a fetus becomes a human and not just a bunch of cells, then maybe I will change my mind.

Gay Marriages
Is this strictly a religious issue? If two people want to get married then go for it. What is this overriding of traditional values? Whose values are they, really?

I read some posts about racism. All I can say is that when a country is made of up of different races, religions, and cultures, racism will always be an issue.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
cdn_bc_ca said:
No jobs
Depends on where you come from. If the institution where you got your degree from is not recognized in Canada, then you are shit out of luck. I think the reality of this is any institution from a third world country. I used to work in a Chinese restaurant in my teen years as a delivery driver. I've never seen a 40 year old dishwasher before (as usually they are just kids on a summer job like me) and I eventually found out that the guy is actually an engineer... I don't know what he's doing now, but I wish him the best of luck.
BTW, if you are wondering why there are so many immigrants in our universities, it is because our institutions are highly recognized in other countries. So much so, that visa students are willing to pay in excess of 5 times the tuition of what a Canadian citizen would pay. But the end result is that they return home and earn top dollar. So yes, those of you who say that they should go back to their own country, well, they are actually doing that.

If any of you bothered to do some research, you would discover some facts. In order to be registered as a Professional Engineer in Canada, you have to prove that you have the education and ability that Canadian trained engineers have. In NB there is a program whereby you, as a foreign trained engineer, can provide your education record; if the Association deems the education as equivalent to the Canadian system, you can then apply to have your work experience reviewed, where you sit in front of a board of 3 engineers who review your work history and interview you to decide if you can skip the exam to be registered.

It isn't that difficult, but it is harder than whining and complaining.
Which seems to be a more popular option.

nelk

Electoral Member
May 18, 2005
atlantic canada
RE: Top Eight Reasons NOT

Last poster ;
can you make a connection from the water woes of the Kashechewan reserve to the previous comment?

Over half of first nation watersystems are not meeting water standards fit for humans, but actually are way below the
minimum considered safe.
By Law , and there is no exception with reserves, any water-, sewersystem, band infrastructure etc are studied , consulted on, designed, tendered and contract supervised by a bunch of people the band has to hire to ensure that the payments of band contribution agreements from federal agency are received.

Who are these people who are supposed to know and be on top of things when it comes to technical expertise?

The ones supposedly protecting the general public from harm and working with concern and ethics!

Do the ones with "Canadian Experience" know that their delivered system may have to stand up to extreme weather condition and also be operated with and by less than perfect peoples?

Do they know the shortcomings of the situations, which promotes to have systems fall apart in no time after commissioning and raise sufficient stink to draw attention?

Do they give a hoot?

Are they really qualified; I mean really qualified ?

Not just adorned with an iron ring and a registration number, but with a record of what is produced will benefit and prevent harm to peoples? not just for the time until the billing/fee cheques cleared!

Another question is, are these people in any way qualified to judge foreign trained engineers produced by technically advanced countries like Germany ,India, China and yes most others too?

The power of professional associations in this nation can only be compared with a kid who got the key to the candy store and only allows his friends and himself to ransack the place; greedily keeping everyone else out; ............not a pretty picture.
Of course they keep "strangers" out; is much to lucrative and who likes to have someone look over their shoulder and call the bluff?

Look ,if Prof.Engineering would be up to snuff we would design, produce the goodies needed and bought by Canadians right here, not ship everything from abroad.
Canada has it all, to do it, including peoples who want to participate.
Off course all the first nation youngsters would be encouraged to learn something and could be part of workforce and not adding to another group of excluded and oppressed.

Interesting to note that in Rex Murphys "Country Checkup" of last sunday :not even a mentioning about the substandard performance of professional participants!
Keep a low profile and cash the cheque........ good performance P.Eng.... ok there are some good apples also!
nelk

lena

Electoral Member
Feb 20, 2005
ab
well not only on the rez. Sask water sucks! Small towns are really bad...example..Govan..leroy.. I can go on. How their water gets OKd is beyond me.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Who you be tonight lena...ehm...your fellow neocons like to take a nip every so often and spill the beans....how's the farm lena :roll: :roll: :roll: taking a freshly baked apple pie outta the oven :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: