Time To Seriously Reduce The Number Of Immigrants To Canada

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Yup. Nature will reclaim it all in time.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
It has SFA to do with taxes.

How much is a human worth? How much can you take in loans on a human? How do humans increase the value of a nation? What is the base price and what is the price of a fully educated healthy human?

A good slave was $1500 in the mid 1800's. What would you pay today?

I suppose if that's what you're into ... or want to twist the words into.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
There's no room left for any more anyway. lol

The problem with higher and higher population is that it takes a toll on the rest of the world. It's a dead end. Species overpopulation eventually has to find a sustainable level or become extinct because it uses up all the resources it needs to survive. And that is true from little bugs like virii to large animals like elephants (and in the case of the latter, it doesn't help that elephants are also poached by humans besides that they are eating themselves out of existence).

Anna, you've turned into a tree. Or is that just your willowy figure I see?

Actually immigration doesn't have much to do with world population growth so far as Canada is concerned. Canada accepting immigrants will not spur other parts of the world to have more people, but it will keep Canada from facing a serious population decline in the future. Several nations are faced with this problem and many of them are dealing with it through immigration. There is no reason why Canada cannot do the same, especially as the country is far from overpopulated.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I just got to thinking with our country being in such dire financial straits maybe it's time we starting imposing an admission fee for immigrants. Let them solve our debt problems if they want to come here so badly.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
I just got to thinking with our country being in such dire financial straits maybe it's time we starting imposing an admission fee for immigrants. Let them solve our debt problems if they want to come here so badly.
Great idea, JLM. :) Or if they don't want to forward an admission fee, they can guarantee they will start a business and hire a few Canadians. :D

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Anna, you've turned into a tree. Or is that just your willowy figure I see?
lol And you liked the pale, fat thing I had as my avi before? It's usually the first bush that blossoms in the spring around here. It's called a forsythia. :)

Actually immigration doesn't have much to do with world population growth so far as Canada is concerned. Canada accepting immigrants will not spur other parts of the world to have more people, but it will keep Canada from facing a serious population decline in the future. Several nations are faced with this problem and many of them are dealing with it through immigration. There is no reason why Canada cannot do the same, especially as the country is far from overpopulated.
Population decline is a good thing until we smarten up and take care of what we have.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
My generation won't be able to fund the health and social benefits of your generation without new immigrants...it's definitely NOT the time to consider reducing immigrants, though maybe the age of the immigrants should be considered.