Time To Seriously Reduce The Number Of Immigrants To Canada

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
Immigration has nothing to do with Unemployment. In fact the ONLY way to ensure a healthy, expanding economy is to ensure a steady increase in population. The economic recession and unemployment figures are not a result of immigration.. but of the failed policies of economic liberalism.. free trade, monetarism, deregulation, privatization.. the unquestioning reliance on the (non existent) 'Invisible Hand of the Free Market' in place of proper and reasoned governance of our economy. It is this that has led us to the economic abyss.

Quite frankly there is another debilitating phenomenon afflicting our economy. That is the the declining birth rate, now below replacement levels throughout the West, that has everything to with the self-centred obsessions and radical individualism of our age. If we can't produce children the only way to stave off complete economic collapse is to replace our working population by immigration.

Last edited:

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Immigration has nothing to do with Unemployment. In fact the ONLY way to ensure a healthy, expanding economy in to ensure an increase in population. The economic recession and unemployment figures are not a result of immigration.. but of the failed policies of economic liberalism.. free trade, monetarism, deregulation, privatization.. the unquestioning reliance on the (non existent) 'Invisible Hand of the Free Market' in place of proper and reasoned governance of our economy. It is this that has led us to the economic abyss.

Quite frankly there is another debilitating phenomenon afflicting our economy. That is the the declining birth rate, now below replacement levels throughout the West, that has everything to with the self-centred obsessions and radical individualism of our age. If we can't produce children the only way to stave off complete economic collapse is to replace our working population by immigration.
So far all we've seen is a steady human population growth on the planet, the economy monotonously fluctuates up and down, and the rest of the species of the world (along with a large chunk of human population) suffer because of it. And Canuckville is a small part of it.
You're full of crap.

The Principle of the Conservation of Mass states that mass of a closed system will stay constant over time. That means that Earth's mass is constant. Make more people and there is less of other life.

Personally I don't care if Canada allows Martians and Venusians into it as long as I still have elbow room and we still have forests and other wildlife.

Last edited:

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
So far all we've seen is a steady human population growth on the planet, the economy monotonously fluctuates up and down, and the rest of the species of the world (along with a large chunk of human population) suffer because of it.
You're full of crap.

Look at history Anna. The great collapses of civilizations have be contemporaneous with a collapse of population. And nature suffers as well.. as desperate and hungry peoples, tend to much less considerate of the environment than prosperous ones.. who have the luxury of environmental sensitivity. You can see that is some of the failed states of Africa.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Look at history Anna. The great collapses of civilizations have be contemporaneous with a collapse of population.
Life's a biatch. Perhaps we were meant to be just social animals, not ones that build civilisations, which seems to be just the practise of degrading the planet and making a few rich at the expense of the rest of the population.
And nature suffers as well.. as desperate and hungry peoples, tend to much less considerate of the environment than prosperous ones.. who have the luxury of environmental sensitivity.
You mean CEOs of oil companies are greatly concerned about the environments of Earth? CEOs of arms manufacturers? rofflmfao Evidence?
You can see that is some of the failed states of Africa.
So the people of Africa caused droughts? The disappearance of species is caused by poor people? Like hell, the root cause of that is the disparity between rich and poor and by greed. Poor just want some of what the rich take for granted. Increasing Africa's population won't solve that.
You're out-to-lunch.

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
Immigration has nothing to do with Unemployment. In fact the ONLY way to ensure a healthy, expanding economy is to ensure a steady increase in population. The economic recession and unemployment figures are not a result of immigration.. but of the failed policies of economic liberalism.. free trade, monetarism, deregulation, privatization.. the unquestioning reliance on the (non existent) 'Invisible Hand of the Free Market' in place of proper and reasoned governance of our economy. It is this that has led us to the economic abyss.

So just bring in people willy-nilly. We may be develping a structural problem with so many immigrants, an underclass. Chronic unemployed who just can't adapt. Many obviously BC bud in their house to pay the bills. They can't get gainful employment and they don't want to go back home, so they must do something. About 100,000 immigrants per year is good, its a stimulus but not excessive.

Eventually, ethnic communities need to shrink, so there is assimilation. That is eventually the point of the whole exercise. They bring new ideas and energy to the country and create new jobs and markets.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
We need immigrants.

In a country like Canada where the population is not growing by leaps and bounds, immigration is essential to keep the population from declining.

The employment problem is short term, but a population problem is long term.

That is largely a myth perpetrated by those with a vested interest in bringing in immigrants with no skills. They don't want skilled people only nonskilled. There are many politicians that push the family immigration to buy votes so they let old people with no skills and no money in and we pay for it. There is also no real problem with a declining population unless you are in the business of selling new houses and cars.

We do need to eliminate the barriers to professionals, especially from western Europe that have good skills. Most of them speak passable English and/or french.

cdn_bc_ca

Electoral Member
May 5, 2005
Vancouver
That is largely a myth perpetrated by those with a vested interest in bringing in immigrants with no skills. They don't want skilled people only nonskilled. There are many politicians that push the family immigration to buy votes so they let old people with no skills and no money in and we pay for it. There is also no real problem with a declining population unless you are in the business of selling new houses and cars.

We do need to eliminate the barriers to professionals, especially from western Europe that have good skills. Most of them speak passable English and/or french.

I have not bought into that myth. Actually, that idea never even came into my mind. My only concern is that a shrinking population means a shrinking tax base to support the government and it's various programs. This would mean a greater tax burden for us all and I would have to change my online name from cdn_bc_ca to TaxSlave2... if you don't mind 8)

Last edited:

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
How come the only "Canadians" I see humping a mop at the mall or working at Hortons have a disability?

That might have something to do with employer hesitation in hiring people who aren't fully able to do all that is demanded of them - or in people who can't pay the rent, bills and eat on what Disability allows

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Minimum wage is damn near $10 ($1600mo). How can you not survive on $10 an hr? My 17 year old makes $14.75 to make freakin' juice!

Only crackheads, drunks and debutantes would starve.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Living expenses ... rent, power, heat. Medical? What do you think Health Care is all about?
Sounds like malarky to me. Abled bodieds make more on welfare. You aren't not mention ODSP income and rent supplemtents are you because they do exist for anyone whose rent is more than 30% of total income. But you know all about that already don't you?

Want bus fare to move to SK where they pay well over a GRAND? My daughter can hire you to make juice while she is busy getting her grade 12?

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Sounds like malarky to me. Abled bodieds make more on welfare. You aren't not mention ODSP income and rent supplemtents are you because they do exist for anyone whose rent is more than 30% of total income. But you know all about that already don't you?

Want bus fare to move to SK where they pay well over a GRAND? My daughter can hire you to make juice while she is busy getting her grade 12?

Living expenses + basic allowance = total monthly payment. Not so hard to figure out.

Why would I know all that? I'm not here to play any system ... just survive on it. So ... what are you accusing?

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
There is also no real problem with a declining population unless you are in the business of selling new houses and cars.

Not just houses and cars. I can easily think of dozens of businesses that would be adversely affected by a decline in population. Everything from attendance at theatres to the purchase of clothing and appliances would suffer.

There is also another problem associated with low immigration and a low birth rate and that is an aging population. Japan has already run into this problem. In that country the average age in now 41 and the slowdown in the Japanese economy that began in the 1980s is partly due to the decline in demand from Japanese consumers caused by a drop in the birthrate and the aging of the population. Unfortunately for the Japanese the country is so xenophobic that it has not considered immigration as a solution.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Living expenses + basic allowance = total monthly payment. Not so hard to figure out.

Why would I know all that? I'm not here to play any system ... just survive on it. So ... what are you accusing?
Not accusing anything. If it weren't for 300+grams of titanium and bone cement shoved up my spine I'd be in the same boat and making juice at the mall too.

To be honest I'm stunned and appalled at the ON govt and especially the people of ON. That is disgusting that <$500 is all they are willing to contribute to the needs of a disabled person.