This summer may see first ice-free North Pole

Wake

Electoral Member
Feb 17, 2017
OK, how many predictions are we going to get before the True Believers feels so foolish that they stop making them?

They were jumping up and down for joy this last winter because the ice extent was at it's lowest ever measured. But then the recovery was so rapid to it's "normal" lowest extent that it became clear that it was nothing more than a weather event that pulled warm air into the Arctic.

But you know optimists like the True Believers are now using prayers and chants to hope for salvation of their religion of a world lost in flames.

Do we have a warm period? Of course we do but man has nothing to do with it and can effect not the least one way or the other.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
OK, how many predictions are we going to get before the True Believers feels so foolish that they stop making them?

They were jumping up and down for joy this last winter because the ice extent was at it's lowest ever measured. But then the recovery was so rapid to it's "normal" lowest extent that it became clear that it was nothing more than a weather event that pulled warm air into the Arctic.

But you know optimists like the True Believers are now using prayers and chants to hope for salvation of their religion of a world lost in flames.

Do we have a warm period? Of course we do but man has nothing to do with it and can effect not the least one way or the other.
Still snowing here in lalaland , but that's ok were going to get warm as San Diego soon .

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Still snowing here in lalaland , but that's ok were going to get warm as San Diego soon .

We hardly got any snow, at all. Twenty five, thirty years ago, we did but most winters now are mostly or almost completely green, here. Lake Ontario used to freeze on the surface, every winter. It did that a couple of years back for a week or two but it was the first time that it did so in decades. I has not repeated, either.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
We hardly got any snow, at all. Twenty five, thirty years ago, we did but most winters now are mostly or almost completely green, here. Lake Ontario used to freeze on the surface, every winter. It did that a couple of years back for a week or two but it was the first time that it did so in decades. I has not repeated, either.
Yea but you had a 50 car pile up on icy roads this weekend .

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Yea but you had a 50 car pile up on icy roads this weekend .

Where? On the busiest highway in North America, perhaps? That can happen in June, here.

P.s. It only has to go down to zero for an hour and beat the salt crews to do that. I was outside barbequing, yesterday evening.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

Every summer it does in Kamloops.

Where? On the busiest highway in North America, perhaps? That can happen in June, here.

P.s. It only has to go down to zero for an hour and beat the salt crews to do that. I was outside barbequing, yesterday evening.
If I were 200 miles further South I would be too but I'm not and my bbq is covered in snow.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Every summer it does in Kamloops.

If I were 200 miles further South I would be too but I'm not and my bbq is covered in snow.

You would need to live further away from the center of the continent and closer to a large body of water to really make a difference.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

In about 30-50 years if you can believe what comes over the idiot box! (I possibly won't be around then so it's a moot point far as I'm concerned)

Wake

Electoral Member
Feb 17, 2017
Can we stop the conversations of weather events? It's warm in Ontario? 200 years ago in the Dalton Minimum they used to ice skate on the Thames in the winter.

Weather cycles lead to what is called "climate" and this varies from decade to decade. There is nothing unusual or man-made about it simply because it is outside the experience of a short lived man.

Groot

Time Out
Apr 28, 2017
In about 30-50 years if you can believe what comes over the idiot box! (I possibly won't be around then so it's a moot point far as I'm concerned)

Guess you hate your kids and grand kids.

I'm so shocked.

You don't want to leave them debt but you don't care about the environment you leave them.

Typical con....oh and they shouldn't get the same gold plated union government protected pension you get....#hypocrite.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons

I'm so shocked.

You don't want to leave them debt but you don't care about the environment you leave them.
Nah, you'd just rather have them living in abject poverty from excessive "environmental" taxes because you're on some futile crusade to save the planet from a natural occurrence.

Typical con....oh and they shouldn't get the same gold plated union government protected pension you get....#hypocrite.
Typical Libtard. Post a strawman and think you made a reasoned argument....#pathetic.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

I'm so shocked.

While that mean care nothing about his grandchildren , we ( as in our community we went from burning sulfer and lead in our gas . We went from burning wood coal and oil in our houses to stay warm , and created a workforce where everyone is equal regardless of race or gender .

Groot

Time Out
Apr 28, 2017
Nah, you'd just rather have them living in abject poverty from excessive "environmental" taxes because you're on some futile crusade to save the planet from a natural occurrence.

Typical Libtard. Post a strawman and think you made a reasoned argument....#pathetic.

Natural?

Please explain.

Btw, I don't like the taxes or in particular cap and trade.

I do however agree with the science that man is having an impact on global temperatures.

Also, as I stated, will receive a government pension.