TheGuy's repeating theme Threads, that're all on the same tangent, merged here.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Holy God how bout icksnaying the double spacing TheGuy.

This is a forum, not an editing desk. We don't need double spaced meter long posts.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Re: I think it make a lot of sense that people would BASH Christians.

It's people who call themselves Christians but in reality were only born to Christian parents but will rant and rave over somebody elses' beliefs are the ones who deserve bashing.

You do understand how flawed your statement is based on assumption alone.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC

That's why you guys have me around, because I put the "fun" back in fundamentalism! :p

Fundamentalism is by definition the right way to practice a religion. I'm all for reading the Bible literally.

It wouldn't do Judaism any good to go back to the OT with all the death sentences for various infractions that would not even warrant a ticket in most Nations today. Literally, Christians are literally in sin if they even think of something (like adultery) so nobody is sin free that's for sure when you consider it would apply to all the other 10 Commandments as well.

Ah, but I remember the wording is masculine. I can go on lusting, right?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB

Ah, but I remember the wording is masculine. I can go on lusting, right?
That true is was in relation to men (in that is was an male audience). I'm pretty sure that God would find some way to close up any loop-holes. The one for this would be adultery does not seem to be a sin that will get a man (or woman) tossed into the lake for eternity. No such mercy for fallen angels though.

TheGuy

Electoral Member
Mar 25, 2011

If GOD is TRUTH, then who is it that you belive..

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
It almost sounds like he is trying to form a new religion with all this preaching he's doing.

Are you looking for disciples Guy?

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Re: Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteous, for they will be filled..

Do you KNOW that God is REAL, and FAITH is REAL, and RIGHTOUSNESS is REAL..
Where is it?
Show it to ME, or SHUT UP and LISTEN..
If God is useless than why would you VALUE Him?
It is better to pluck out your eye and cast it into the FIRE then to let your whole body be cast into the FIRE...
Is this a TRUE and accurate statement or NOT?
If you could SEE then you would not even need to pluck out your eye...
What do you KNOW, and what DON'T YOU KNOW?
If it is distasteful to see, that my enemy is MORE RIGHT then me, ought I choose to DIE at his hands, for the sake of my own PRIDE...
It would be better to concede and suffer your ignorance, then to continue to believe in a LIE..
Is it better to BE RIGHT then to merely be of that opinion..
Is your confidence, your presumptuous eye, that desires your own RIGHTNESS over the TRUTH, that ought to be cast out..
Is your lustful desire for being an authority who is worshiped, greater then your desire to be TRUE to thine own-self...

If RIGHTOUSNESS is MORALITY

Then how can one be self-rightous?

If MORALITY is achived by FAITH, then what is FAITH?

If FAITH is believing in potential fantasies, then what is presumptuousness?

Holy Lick!! Dennis, is that you? I think the Meds are working, but the dose is waaaayy
to high. Are you following the directions on the bottle?

TheGuy

Electoral Member
Mar 25, 2011
It almost sounds like he is trying to form a new religion with all this preaching he's doing.

Are you looking for disciples Guy?

Good and evil are merely a matter of opinion, determined ONLY relatively according to your chosen objectives..
Right and Wrong are a matter of FACT, determined by the objective truth relative to your chosen objective..
The truth is, some objectives are contrary to others, irrelevant of whether those objectives are yours alone or if one objective is yours and the other belongs to another..In any case, contrary objectives CANNOT be accomplished...

Thus if we had sought to empower each other we would have be more empowered then if we had sought to un-empower each other..

What could be more empowering for others then the capacity to distinguish RIGHT from WRONG..

Thus it is clearly in my own intrest that others be empowered to distinguish RIGHT from WRONG, for then they would realize that if we had sought to empower each other we would have be more empowered then if we had sought to un-empower each other..

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
{You are born with your own sense of right and wrong. It applies to you but you have no right to inflict your beliefs on anybody.}

Well then, what RIGHT do you have, to say what you just said..

Terrorists have as much right to fly airplanes into buildings for the sake of being obedient to their God, as Christians have to “Love their their neighbors” for the sake of being obedient to their God.

Not when those buildings are occupied by other people. Their right to live supersedes any "right " for muslim terrorists to kill anyone including other muslims..

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Re: Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteous, for they will be filled..

The Guy is a born again evangelical moron that cannot be shaken from his
mistaken belief in reality. It goes on and on like the speeches of government
leaders. Pay no attention and judgement shall not come your way, unto the
pages of the forum. amen. I think.
Let us all go on make mockery of a serious topic now.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

Fundamentalism is by definition the right way to practice a religion. I'm all for reading the Bible literally.

This is rich, an atheist defining the "correct" way to practice religion. Of course you're all for a literal translation of the Bible, it would make things so much easier for you.

I'd definitely put you at under 30 is not closer to 20. Always trying to take the easy way out. Lazy.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

This is rich, an atheist defining the "correct" way to practice religion. Of course you're all for a literal translation of the Bible, it would make things so much easier for you.

I'd definitely put you at under 30 is not closer to 20. Always trying to take the easy way out. Lazy.

You got 'er pegged pretty close. :lol:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

Point B becoming a new point and Point B to Point C?

What if I smother you in graphs and pie charts, youtube clips and cut and pastes... do I get an A+?
If you did that I'd call you an A. Sure. Why not? I guess an A+ for actually thinking about it is in order.

You can't prove B exists metamathematically you can only assume it does until you get there.

Last edited: