Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

Jonny_C

Electoral Member
Apr 25, 2013
North Bay, ON
Re: "The U.S. Should Act"

What stake do we have in Syria?

And if other nations want to step up they should. Get the bombs dropping, the boots on the ground and flags ready.

I say we can work with them, we'll give them donuts and orange juice when they return from the front.

I've had about enough of these wars personally and I'm not a pacifist. I care for our soldiers and Marines too much and they've been fighting steadily since 2001.

So the Syrians are gassing their people... that is horrible... no doubt. But if the UN wants to send in the dogs... then they are going to have to put their own pack together. Good luck!

Makes a whole lot of sense to me. :thumbleft:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

Grab a bloody map!!! Syria is the only route other than through north Africa to get $12Trillion in nat gas to market in the EU

I'd gladly off a few thousand people if I knew I could get away with through smoke and mirrors to pocket $12T. Would you?

With all due respect... you see pipelines everywhere.

But if that is the case... looks like the EU better strap on the body armor.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

They look pretty sharp... good investigative skills, community policing, etc. Ought to come in handy in Tora Bora.
But they can't afford to patrol the prairies. Go figure.

Then there is Egypt

Libya

Lebanon and Cyprus

Do pictures help?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

None, but they were helpfull in places like Haiti.
Really?

Canadian civilian police (CIVPOL) in Afghanistan train, mentor and advise the Afghan National Police (ANP), primarily at the middle and senior management levels, to increase their capability to provide an adequate level of security and stability within the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan.

The Canadian CIVPOL contingent in Afghanistan, guided by a command team at the Embassy of Canada in Kabul, provides its expertise to the ANP in the following niche areas:
  • community policing
  • management and leadership training
  • specialized investigative skills (e.g. anti-corruption, major crime, forensic investigations)
  • Ministry of Interior (MoI) reform
Canadian CIVPOL participate in various operations in Afghanistan, to which the following elements apply:
  • Main language of operation: English
  • Armed/unarmed: Armed
  • Authorized deployments: 45 total for all operations

No issues with IEDs and RPGs in A-Stan? Surprising.

Omicron

Privy Council
Jul 28, 2010
Vancouver

I don't really know. Most people advocating that the US use military intervention to assume control over the evil-doers in Syria are neo-cons.

Hmm... normally neo-cons justify everything in terms of "protecting interests", which the US doesn't have enough of in Syria to matter to anyone, so...

... hmm...

If neo-cons are getting a bout of conscience, there's always the option of doing clandestine t*t-for-tat.

Speciafically, if the Assadians really are nerve-gassing their own people, then maybe someone could send in covert-ops to sneak in and quietly hook up bottles of nerve-gas to the AC untits of Assadian homes.

Last edited:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

Speciafically, if the Assadians really are nerve-gassing their own people, then you send in covert-opps to sneak in and quietly hook up bottles of nerve-gas to the AC untits of Assadian homes.

Please feel free to do so.

I don't really know. Most people advocating that the US use military intervention to assume control over the evil-doers in Syria are neo-cons.

Like they did in Libya... or Pakistan... or Yemen.

Sorry dude.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Syria: Everything you wanted to know or say about it

WASHINGTON — Secretary of State John Kerry said Monday that the use of chemical weapons in attacks on civilians in Syria last week was undeniable and that the Obama administration would hold the Syrian government accountable for what he called a “moral obscenity” that had shocked the world’s conscience.

In some of the most strident language used yet by the administration, Mr. Kerry accused the Syrian government of cynically seeking to cover up the use of the weapons, and he rejected its denial of responsibility for what he called a “cowardly crime.”

Mr. Kerry’s remarks, in a prepared statement he read at the State Department, reinforced the administration’s toughening stance on the Syria conflict, which is now well into its third year, and he suggested that the White House was moving closer to a military response in consultation with America’s allies.

“The indiscriminate slaughter of civilians, the killing of women and children and innocent bystanders by chemical weapons is a moral obscenity,” Mr. Kerry said.

more

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/27/world/middleeast/syria-assad.html?_r=0

Last edited:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Re: Kerry Says Chemical Arms Attack in Syria Is ‘Undeniable’

I sense another Nobel Peace Prize for POTUS!

gore0bsessed

Time Out
Oct 23, 2011

why would the Syrian government use chemical weapons on their own people, just before an U.N inspection, then allow the U.N to come into the country and inspect afterwards?

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada

Each side will always blame the other side. Both sides are going to cover their tracks (so to speak) so I don't think they will be able to clearly identify who did the gassing.

But I was wondering if its possible to get agreement where the UN could go in and remove all sarin barrels of gas and place it where the fighting parties can't get at it.
Then the fighting parties can still go at it but without access to the sarin gas.

why would the Syrian government use chemical weapons on their own people, just before an U.N inspection, then allow the U.N to come into the country and inspect afterwards?
The gas dissipates quickly and Assad does not want the US to attack him, so he is just playing the silly bugger game.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON

Seems to me if you want to gain public support for your cause, you could do a deed so nasty and then claim it was your opponent. Perhaps they should ask the NSA to see if they have found anything on Facebook to back this hypothesis up.

gore0bsessed

Time Out
Oct 23, 2011

Seems to me if you want to gain public support for your cause, you could do a deed so nasty and then claim it was your opponent. Perhaps they should ask the NSA to see if they have found anything on Facebook to back this hypothesis up.
... but doing it before U.N inspections and then allowing U.N inspections is kind of risky if you're the guilty party.

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver

Whatevs. I'll wait for the UN report. The US sh*t the bed on the WMD thing last time.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc

We the west and especially the United States needs to mind its own business.
All sides in this thing lack ethics and humanity toward each other its about the
tribal aspects of life in that region. Its not our problem stay to hell out of it and
let them fight their civil war no matter how uncivil it becomes. No one stepped
into the American Civil War did they? Well not directly at least