The earth Hour is back!

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
World Wildlife Fund was so unsure and so lacking in confidence in their cause that they had to launch a lawsuit against World Wrestling Federation for using the acronym WWF.

Anything coming from this phony bullies is suspect.

I used to donate to them but seeing their petty silliness, I stopped.

And what has that got to do with the subject at hand, Earth Hour? If you have ran out of arguments. you may consider not posting. There are plenty of other threads after all.

And you used to contribute to WWF? You expect us to believe that? That would be like an Atheist claiming that he sends money to televangelists.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Alright SJP - where ya going with this "conservative" stuff? I am a Conservative Woman - politically and probably otherwise as well. I was teasing gerry about cooking the cake. However, since I am so Conservative - it is my husband's birthday today and I am baking not one but two birthday cakes right now. He wanted Angel Food and one doesn't feed 13 people unless I make them have a diet slice.

I was only teasing, VanIsle. Don't take it seriously.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
You can keep it "front page" simply by posting here again about 7:00 PM your time. That should remind everyone. If you are posting much after that - you are not conserving power.

That is exactly what I had in mind, VanIsle. If there was no traffic here, I thought I would post every hour or two hours, perhaps with reports on how the Earth Hour is going.

But as you can see, that is hardly necessary. There is plenty of traffic on the thread, and posters are keeping it on the front page. So you can be sure anybody who looked in on the forum today, is aware that there is the Earth Hour today.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Typical knee jerk reaction of the ignorant.
lol You didn't have to tell me that about this post.

See, 2 can play that game.
What game?

There are some people that have seen the "facts" presented for GW and don't buy it. There are some people that believe that the only thing this "earth day" crap is, is just the WWF trying to get free publicity and shine the "see how great we are" spot light on themselves to garner more donations.
Who cares?

The local utility's support "earth day", do you think they would if it actually made a dent in their bottom line? The actual amount of energy "saved" is miniscule. Hardly a drop in the bucket. The only thing it accomplishes is giving some people the ability to "claim" that they are doing something for the environment, when in fact they have done nothing.
So? What did you think someone earlier meant when they said "token"?
I don't give a crap if coldstream wastes his gas driving his M3 at high speeds and gets a few traffic tickets as a result. Nor do I care if he wants to increase his electric bill. So my reply wasn't ignorant nor was it kneejerk. It was an observation.
Keep trying, Peewee. lol

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
"To a conservative, any initiative to preserve environment, whether it is turning off lights for one hour, taking steps to reduce global warming, or trying to save endangered species (or recycling), is a load of fertilizer.

As I have mentioned before, it comes from their interpretation of the Bible ("subdue the earth, conquer it, dominate it", not "preserve it, conserve it, nurture it"))."

As a conservative, and a capitalist and a money-grabber, I DO TURN OUT THE LIGHTS when I don't use them, because it saves me money..
And what has that got to do with anything? That only tells us that you will practice conservation only if you save money, but you won't lift a finger to better the environment if it is going to cost you even a penny.

Once you prove me that the warming on Mars, Jupiter and even the outer planets is caused by conservatives and their SUV's I will concede that you and Al Gore are right.
I don't have to prove anything to you. A great majority of scientists world over are convinced that global warming is a real threat. Those opposed are mostly conservatives (of course) and scientists in the pay of oil lobby.

Once you prove that the polar bears are facing extinction (in spite the fact that there are more polar bears now than 10 years ago) I will concede that you and David Suzuki are right..
That is the generally accepted wisdom. Polar bears are fewer in number and smaller in size (since winters are shorter, and they don't get as much to it, they hunt only during winter).

Once you make a valid claim that the world is worse off because some species died off, I will conceed that you are right..
Indeed that is the conservative viewpoint. Let all the species in the word die, we will be better off without polar bears, elephants, tigers etc. This comes from the Fundamentalist interpretation of the Bible, as I described before.

Once you prove that you recycle and I don't, I will concede that you are right..

And why should I prove anything of the sort?

Once you prove that the Bible says that Man should destroy the Earth, not preserve it and nurture it, I will concede that you are right.
That indeed is the interpretation Fundamentalist Christians (both of Catholic and Protestant persuasion) put on what God told Adam.

Anyway, so you have really supported my contention, that conservatives are opposed to most initiatives to better the environment. You didn't deny it, you simply gave an excuse for each and every one of them.

Last edited:

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
lol You didn't have to tell me that about this post.

What game?

Who cares?

So? What did you think someone earlier meant when they said "token"?
I don't give a crap if coldstream wastes his gas driving his M3 at high speeds and gets a few traffic tickets as a result. Nor do I care if he wants to increase his electric bill. So my reply wasn't ignorant nor was it kneejerk. It was an observation.
Keep trying, Peewee. lol

So, your reply was a troll then.

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
man, some people are ignorant here. If someone said that something was white, they would argue that it was black, just for the sake of arguing.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
I have no use for the world wildlife fund ever since they were instrumental in canceling the spring bear hunt in Ontario (Sorry CDNBear)
And yes it was the Harris(Conservative) Government that caved in.....I'm not a sheeple that agrees with everything a party does;-)

You have no use for WWF? Well, duh. Of course you don't have any use for it, it is an environmental organization, isn't it? As a conservative I assume you have no use for any environmental organization.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
They made that estimate up before the event. That's a pretty good reason to disbelieve them. How many acutally participated? Who knows? All the papers went with the WWF figure.

Look, I don't want to fight last year's battle all over again. Last year most sources, WWF, Globe and Mail, even the extreme right wing WorldNetDaily (and it must really have pained them to report that one billion people participated, they are fully as much anti-environment as you are) and many more reported that one billion people participated. . The argument is over. If you want to believe that nobody participated (or very few people participated), that is your right.

Exactly! And a token is all the effort that evironmentalists are willing to make. None of them would even contemplate giving up their energy powered conveniences as would be necessary to save the planet if their claims of AGW were correct. Bunch of hypocrites without the courage of their convictions.
This is a token ,symbolic effort and that is what we are discussing right now. If you want to discuss any other environmental projects, put up a separate thread. But it is well known that conservatives strongly oppose any attempts to better the environment, whether they are symbolic (as this one) or substantial.

Well I most certainly am a conservative, center-right. But I am not now, nor have I ever been anti-environment.
Really? You don't say. Which anti-environmentalist is going to admit that he is one? But put your money where your mouth is. Tell me even one major environmental initiative, here or in USA that you have supported. Cap and trade? Banning the drilling all over Alaska? Kyoto treaty? What?

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
What ever gave you the impression that Ross is a right wing extremist? I have no idea what his politics are. All I've been able to determine is that he believes in science and opposes fraud. And you make up nonsense about the self-described Indian and respond to it as if it was fact.

But you don't answer anything they've said. "You haven't changed. Still as pathetic as you were last year.

I have better things to do that bandy words with extremists.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
What nonsense. :lol: I guess that's the best you can do, try to smear the character of your opponents rather than actually answer them.

No, "it" comes from your fertile imagination.

As I have said before, conservatives oppose almost each and every initiative to better the environment. Yukon proved me right. Let us see you also prove me right. Name even one major environmental initiative, here or in USA, that you have supported.

Last edited:

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
I intend to take my 400 hp BMW M3 for a high rev cruise through some mountain roads of 'pristine' British Columbia (well..i haven't bought it yet, but i consider my currenct mode of transportation as environmentally insensitive, if not quite so ambitiously).. terrorizing bike riders and hybrids if i find any.

My place will be lit up like a Christmas tree.. all to highlight the real threat to earth's well being.. radical environmentalists and their lies.. especially the fraud of Anthropocentric Global Warming .. and its Ponzi scheme of a solution in 'cap and trade'. :smile:

I think you mentioned that you are a devout Catholic. The Pope, the Vatican is going to keep the lights off for one hour. You evidently think that Vatican is wrong to do so. So maybe you have learned to think independently, maybe you have learned that the Pope is not always right.

Remember this the next time you claim that abortion is wrong or that homosexuality is wrong because the Pope says so.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
If Earth Hour were anything but a hare-brained idea of hypocritical extreme left-wing nuts, the government would mandate a shut-down of services for an hour.

Which proves that even the governmeent is smarter than the left wing nuts.

So there are more than one billion left wing nuts in the world? That is how many participated last year, and more are expected to participate this year. I think a more likely explanation is that there is nothing wrong with more than a billion human beings, you just happen to be a right wing nut.