The Cathedral of Notre Dame is Burning

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
It was based on a study on anti-Semitic morons and the effect of their living in a low-oxygen environment.
Let me turn down the ozone generator while I measure the various levels of hatred in just that one sentence. Last place I heard that tone was when the Hooker said, the chairs (patio) are for 'my Church ladies', she made it sound like you could put them on a wall when done until you needed them again. She never turns them away so she is working at it, . . . unlike you and the loco collective.

You never mentioned how many seconds the study took, let alone why 'your kind' is obsessed with 'all sorts of studies' and real shy on practical long term solutions, as in this example. $22M and a few months with the Village almost deserted, go to town with your bulldozer and any attachment you need. The people will renovate and the dozer will 'landscape the place fit for the people the time and the place' and a trend to make the livable when 'the village power goes out'. How much would 1 year do in the number that had to be evacuated next year. Planning this summer and material goods moved in over the winter and repairs can begin on the homes as they are lived in. When the frost is gone then the real work begins. Houses lower than the level of the dike will be moved if possible and buried if not. The material would come from to fill in all the low area would come from the far side of the ring-road or dredged from the backwater part of the river using a fleet of barges or conveyor belts if high production is desired and then one year would complete that rather than 'a few years'.
The Village can hauls heating oil so they can haul water and sewage so the underground part of those utilities is not needed. Each house would also be able to treat the snow/rain they collect as that is probably better than swamp water which is what river water is made of in those areas.
$200M-400M would allow what kind of dwelling that is meant to be comfortable and in what is 'an off grid community' where reliance on help coming from outside is once a year so reliability is always at the top of the list? 'Dried peat logs' that are formed under 50 tons of pressure might save a house if the normal method of heating is unavailable. Or there is underground liquid water that can be used for emergency heat that will keep the place above freezing when no moving parts are needed as it the case with geo thermal methods. Even in the far north it can be used to keep things frozen for the few months melting is happening.
By the sound of it they plan it to build the same defective place only 20 ft higher than the river that wasn't the problem in their current location. The Indians would end up paying for the whole thing even though the original defects were the Governments fault, rather than the Indians being the root cause.
Imagine what the full report that was supposed to have been done would show if this is from just a few photos designed to hide the real flaw and blame it in the ice on the river. It would be like an demo guy seeing 9/11 without any hype and giving his view about 'planned' or 'accidental'.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
do you think that the crown of thorns that they saved is a genuine artifact? did they do any carbon dating? :confused:

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
It's just a monument to the human ego.

It is an architectural marvel that even pagans such as myself appreciate for the ingenuity and skill it took to erect such an outstanding edifice. You might want to read Ken Follet's 'Pillars of the Earth' as it will give you some idea of what a phenomenal accomplishment it truly is considering it was built largely by hand.

This alone is a treasure beyond measure.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Do you think there's been enough on the news yet about this fire?
I appreciate that this story if of little if any interest to you, JLM. To a few of us, however, it is an important story and I for one appreciate the continuing updates.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Oh look. Someone needs to be angry and offensive on the internet.

You don't see much of that.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I appreciate that this story if of little if any interest to you, JLM. To a few of us, however, it is an important story and I for one appreciate the continuing updates.

Don't get me wrong Mowich, of course it was an interesting news item on the day it happened, but it's been on the news every day since, no one was killed or injured, meanwhile right here in our own area brutal murders are happening which get less coverage. It's just a building and can be repaired.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Don't get me wrong Mowich, of course it was an interesting news item on the day it happened, but it's been on the news every day since, no one was killed or injured, meanwhile right here in our own area brutal murders are happening which get less coverage. It's just a building and can be repaired.

I hear you, JLM but it appears both stories have taken a back-seat to the release of the Mueller Report. When it comes to news that is one item that I could care less about.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I hear you, JLM but it appears both stories have taken a back-seat to the release of the Mueller Report. When it comes to news that is one item that I could care less about.

Yeah really. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if we didn't hear Trump's name again until Nov. 2020. Some detest him, some love him but this is Canada and who cares except Walter! Maybe we should all chip in and buy him a subscription.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
What's happening in Flint? Michigan I presume!
You need a current tetanus shot to visit there.

Oh, and don't drink the water unless you want to end up looking like penguin.

Flint Michigan makes the rest of the rust belt look like

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Oh look. Someone needs to be angry and offensive on the internet.

You don't see much of that.
If being angry because people in Coldwater Creek and Bridgeton, Missouri are dieing due to the effects of radiation poisoning is offensive to you, I can only surmise you either no nothing about the story or you just don't give a damn.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
I don't give a dam about white natty anger or resentment or self-righteousness.

And neither does anyone else.

That's why the whole lot of you has to gather here daily to vent.