The Cathedral of Notre Dame is Burning

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
am suspicious of the fire simply because there have been over 400 church fires in France over the past year and apparently there were no workmen on the site that day. However, it could be an accident too so we'll simply have to wait until the investigation is over. Hopefully, there will be no political interference in said investigation and we will know exactly how it happened.
How many of the other ones were under a massive renovation??

If the workers had been there the odds are they would have stopped the fire before it became a blaze. When flammable material is present should there be fire suppression devices to 'handle a fire', such as temporary sprinkler systems. Perhaps a robbery was taking place and the distraction got out of hand as it was 1/2 hour after the alarm sounded that the firemen found the fire.
'You will be told what they want you to believe', that has a wide gap before it contains any truth these days. The 'change' is it is not even being challenged anymore, 'Oh.' and the topic is replaced by one of much lesser importance.
Why are you waiting for somebody to fill in the blanks you already seem to have. Most stories are old within a week so if you look around during that time you will get all the variances and 'a little bit here' and 'a little bit there' will leave you with your questions and some answers as well as a few new questions that will lean one way or the other as far as 'being most likely the facts in the matter'.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
It's weird - here we have violent murders in B.C. and the news is focused on a fire in a church!
You have no interest in or understanding of your own history and culture.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
You have no interest in or understanding of your own history and culture.

I think I got the story! This church is located in Paris FRANCE. My history and culture revolves around the west coast of Canada and British Columbia! We are mainly Anglophones! :)

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Its actually a Cathedral. It was built before you or your people had any idea what Canada was.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Its actually a Cathedral. It was built before you or your people had any idea what Canada was.

It's still a church (house of God) built somewhere around 1185 A.D. in Paris and it's big. Anything else you think I need to know? I'm not a particularly religious person so to me it's just another edifice & like any other material structure can be repaired!

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
How many of the other ones were under a massive renovation??

If the workers had been there the odds are they would have stopped the fire before it became a blaze. When flammable material is present should there be fire suppression devices to 'handle a fire', such as temporary sprinkler systems. Perhaps a robbery was taking place and the distraction got out of hand as it was 1/2 hour after the alarm sounded that the firemen found the fire.
'You will be told what they want you to believe', that has a wide gap before it contains any truth these days. The 'change' is it is not even being challenged anymore, 'Oh.' and the topic is replaced by one of much lesser importance.
Why are you waiting for somebody to fill in the blanks you already seem to have. Most stories are old within a week so if you look around during that time you will get all the variances and 'a little bit here' and 'a little bit there' will leave you with your questions and some answers as well as a few new questions that will lean one way or the other as far as 'being most likely the facts in the matter'.

Good Points.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
All the years I have done renos, we have NEVER set any buildings on fire.
;)
Just one of the things competent construction crews take special care not to do...liabilities and all that.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
;)
Just one of the things competent construction crews take special care not to do...liabilities and all that.
I'm pretty sure my house insurance guy would have said something about 'wood' being found in large quantities in the same place a billion or so in 'art' is 'laying around'. They probably found termites and this was the only way to get the money needed for the replacement, without the RCC footing the bill is what that means for the loco collective.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Under the heading of nice to see donations to rebuild the black churches burned down in Louisiana have gone way up since the notre dame fire

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
;)
Maybe the security people did it when rerouting power to all the shit they have running. That would be running on days off for the workers.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Under the heading of nice to see donations to rebuild the black churches burned down in Louisiana have gone way up since the notre dame fire
It is called 'a silver lining' in a total fuking disaster situation.

This was not really a Bible following Church so be careful who you mourn as God might be watching.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Awwww your concern is touching. And have you donated to the 140 yr old Murray United Church that was destroyed by arson in the Merrit-area of BC in January, or any of the other churches that were torched in the area at the same time? Including the two on the Scw’exmx Reserve?

Or was this simply an opportunity for you to try and signal your non-existent virtue without actually having to put yourself out, as per the ALT-left dogma.