The bible is a fairy tale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
You are right! We are entitled to believe what we will. Why is it that when Christians talk about their religious views and beliefs, we are supposedly forcing them on the "rest" of you, yet you freely voiced your opinion and beliefs without any of us suggesting you did not have the right to do so. Some of us take offence to the things we believe in being called "fairy tales" since those of you who claim them to be such, do not know anymore than I do if they are or they are not. Many religions have made grave errors and done horrific things in the name of religion. Religion is just one source of grave errors and horrific things. Just as you and others say you do not believe in God or the bible, I have the right to say I do. Just because I believe does not mean I am asking you to.

I think any philosophy or set of beliefs or tenets has to be able to stand up to questioning and scrutiny. Are you saying, VanIsle that you believe everything printed in the Bible without question? There are a few things in the Bible I don't believe, but that is not saying the book by and large isn't valid. I look at it as a book of short stories and undoubtedly some of the authors are more credible than others. I think the guys who wrote the parts about Noah and the Arc and Jonah living in the whale for three days and nights, may have been tipping a couple more than they should have. Do you really believe Jesus walked on water or he was born of a virgin? If it is possible for something to happen once, then it possible for it to happen again and again and yet we don't see that. :smile:

MapleOne

Worlds greatest Dad'n
Jul 19, 2010
Kitchener, Ontario
www.MapleOne.com
Many religions aren't the right one....

Yes but every religion says they are the right one. In fact most of them say that believers of other religions cannot get into the kingdom of God. So the big question is who's kingdom do you want to enter into. I guess in most cases it has to do with what religion you were born into. A smaller group searches and chooses their religion but that group is a small percentage. Most people follow the beliefs of their parents.

As I said in my first post, it was absolutely not my intention to offend anyone but imagine yourself as a child (or as an adult) and having to choose amongst the worlds religions for the very first time. It would be a daunting task and the big question is...... would you have picked your current religion?

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Yes but every religion says they are the right one. In fact most of them say that believers of other religions cannot get into the kingdom of God. So the big question is who's kingdom do you want to enter into. I guess in most cases it has to do with what religion you were born into. A smaller group searches and chooses their religion but that group is a small percentage. Most people follow the beliefs of their parents.

As I said in my first post, it was absolutely not my intention to offend anyone but imagine yourself as a child (or as an adult) and having to choose amongst the worlds religions for the very first time. It would be a daunting task and the big question is...... would you have picked your current religion?

Not entirely true. Some religions do have a more nuanced approach whereby a person is judged by action and sincerity more than just by professed faith.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Not entirely true. Some religions do have a more nuanced approach whereby a person is judged by action and sincerity more than just by professed faith.

Is it "religions" or is it "denominations"? I think the Salvation Army do sincerely try to improve the lot of their fellow man and use the donations honestly. I'm not sure what their "take" is on the validity of the Bible.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Hi JLM! You were on Aether Island? Shopping at the Maul?
PS
Searching for the true gawds is fraught with peril! It's not child's play!
YouTube - Indiana Jones and The Hindu Idol

Didn't notice Aether Island. We were camping down at White Mud Creek at RAinbow Campsite. I walked the White Mud trail a couple of times and we did spend a few hours at W.E.M. and took our grand daughters to Borden Park. Great city - if you like big cities. Is Aether Island in the North Saskatchewan?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
If there is karma, they might be reborn as a bag lady living on the streets of Montreal. Although you may not believe in reincarnation, there are still a few references in the bible that various popes missed when they were purging them. I could reference some of them if you are interested.
Please do.
When the punishment comes back through the next life I don't know know if I would put it as a bag lady, as that is a punishment of this society. Now if he came back as a shoe with a hole in it (endless life) then I would say justice was served.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
Dear JLM,
Aether island floats effortless above the City and stretches to the Heavens and beyond.
PS to the rule freaks.
The word "Heavens" makes this an on-topic post!

Reactions: MapleOne

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
of course the Bible is a complete fairey tale...... because the athiests are the only ones with the answers. All those that believe in 'GOD' are complete delusion morons.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Dear JLM,
Aether island floats effortless above the City and stretches to the Heavens and beyond.
PS to the rule freaks.
Well then, since the topic is "off", I was not in Aether Island this weekend but .........I certainly was in that area above the city that stretches to the Heavens and beyond. I did not sit with my eyes fixed on the screen on the plane that says "live screen" so I am not sure if we passed directly over Aether Island or not - touched down in Cow Town though. A near miss or maybe a mere miss.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
Well then, since the topic is "off", I was not in Aether Island this weekend but .........I certainly was in that area above the city that stretches to the Heavens and beyond. I did not sit with my eyes fixed on the screen on the plane that says "live screen" so I am not sure if we passed directly over Aether Island or not - touched down in Cow Town though. A near miss or maybe a mere miss.

Apparently prelates in the know refer to Calgary as the Holy Cow Town!

PS

Gerry's misspelling made me wonder is he intended "The Bible is a faery tale" as "fairy" carries too much baggage!

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Dear JLM,
PS to the rule freaks.
Ah, so you live in a penthouse suite on a high rise in Edmonton. Is the air rarefied up there? Can you hear the heavenly hosts sing Hallelujah? I was in Edmonton last week too, at the Enoch Cree reserve. Got lost in Edmonton and found in Enoch. Got my heart fixed and my spirit.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
Ah, so you live in a penthouse suite on a high rise in Edmonton. Is the air rarefied up there? Can you hear the heavenly hosts sing Hallelujah? I was in Edmonton last week too, at the Enoch Cree reserve. Got lost in Edmonton and found in Enoch. Got my heart fixed and my spirit.

Home, Suite Home!
Gawd's gift to the pent up!

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
[FONT=&quot]Although, in our culture and religion little is said or taught about reincarnation, there are references to it in the Bible. In the Old Testament in Malachi 4:14 the return of Elijah is prophesied. In Matthew 11:11 - 15 and 17: 10 - 13 Jesus reveals to his disciples that Elijah has returned in the person of John the Baptist. [/FONT]
The Bible promotes resurrection from death so I'm not sure your argument that little has been said about the far side of death's door, other than it is a one-way affair as far as we are concerned (as mortals), applies or even comes close. The Bible even tells you all the choices of it's future plans. Rather than being simple the 2nd chapter of Genesis takes you past the end of Revelation 20. A prisoner on Patmos interconnected to the same enity that was with Noah giving directions

Isa:66:22:
For as the new heavens and the new earth,
which I will make, shall remain before me,
saith the LORD,
so shall your seed and your name remain.
[FONT=&quot]
Taken to the "goddidit" rational this is phase one of an already planned event that has two phases. (both were mentioned by God, being the good host that He is)From the mention of 'after their kind' a record book of where the breath of life (a sub-section of the Voice of Creation) was recorded as being a seed that deserves the same breath of life in a an eternal world.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In John 9:1 - 9 we read: [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“As Jesus passed by he saw a man who was blind from birth, and his disciples asked him saying ‘Master, who did sin, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?’ and Jesus answered ‘neither hath this man sinned nor has his parents but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.’” [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Reincarnation was a common belief two thousand years ago, which would explain why they asked if the man had sinned. How else could he be blind from birth unless he had sinned in a previous life? [/FONT]
Perhaps 'this man' meant this particular man that could be cured in the sight of a few chosen ones.
[FONT=&quot]Notice that when Jesus healed a few, like a withered hand' that 'virtue' was only (allowed) to extend that far rather than the world feeling that same healing effect. One being healed is all it takes to establish that one with authority to heal all is standing in the midst of those needing such care. Judea had that for a few years as an example of what will be the rule.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In John 3:13 Jesus said, “no man hath ascended to heaven but he came down from heaven”, clearly stating the existence of life before physical birth. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Many of the early Christian scholars wrote about reincarnation. About AD 553 the Emperor Justinian repressed reincarnation for purely political reasons. Today a few references remain, like Jeremiah 1:5, Proverbs 8:22 - 31, Wisdom 8:19 - 20 (in the catholic version only), Ephesians 1:4 and John 17:5. [/FONT]

For Jesus, as God's Judge, the first advent only established a very few things. Who was included and the changes that came with the torch being handed to the Gentiles. So far we have shown little attempt (2,000 years of recorded history being the witness) to adhere to the rules that come with the confession that Christ is Lord. The latest promotional vids don't point to any increase in adherence to this verse.
Lu:6:46:
And why call ye me,
Lord,
Lord,
and do not the things which I say?

Israel was spanked pretty hard when they fell away from the 'rules', it is naive of Christians to think they have any loopholes that they can escape through.

1Pe:4:17:
For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God:
and if it first begin at us,
what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?
1Pe:4:18:
And if the righteous scarcely be saved,
where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

So it be spoke, so it be wrote, so it be done. So far it is at 2/3 and the last one has a 3 1/2 year time limit on it. Even then .............................................................. there is a little more to the story if you are part of the 'small' things God considers important.
Lu:12:6:
Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings,
and not one of them is forgotten before God?

Status
Not open for further replies.