Jul 3, 2005
swirling in the abyss of nowhere la
Andem said:
manda said:
Andem said:
Time to restart this thread...

Now this beer is pretty good:

Tis what I'm drinking right now :)[/img]

I thought you had said that it wasn't that great, but it was indeed cheap....I like a variety myself, If I just want one or 2, moose light goes down nice....but I love MGD and Corona

I did say it wasn't great, indeed. But that was when I had it on tap at the local pub. Yuck. But the bottles are actually pretty good :)

Good to know that the beer has redeemed itself

ol' dawg

Electoral Member
Jun 25, 2005
standing by a hydrant
Well, I guess - considering my present sig line - I should comment on this thread.

When Big Rock first started brewing I thought I finally found a beer that reminded me of the good old days. After a while I lost my taste for ale, and prefer a lager or pil.

If I am visiting someone who offers me a Molsons, or Labbatts I'll choose water - thanks. I have a definite preference for micros.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
In Bavaria, in a beautiful place called, Steinberger See, I ran accross Weiss Bier. (white beer) The bier had almost no colour, but had clean, fresh, mildly hopped taste. This was twenty odd years ago. I've googled a bit and found references to Weiss Bier but the pictures they show look the colour of normal beer. Has anyone seen this beer?

manda

Council Member
Jul 3, 2005
swirling in the abyss of nowhere la
ol' dawg said:
Well, I guess - considering my present sig line - I should comment on this thread.

When Big Rock first started brewing I thought I finally found a beer that reminded me of the good old days. After a while I lost my taste for ale, and prefer a lager or pil.

If I am visiting someone who offers me a Molsons, or Labbatts I'll choose water - thanks. I have a definite preference for micros.

There was a really nice brewery on Granville Island, Van, that I went to when visiting my brother, thay had a really nice amber ale...but I can't remember the name of it.

Somewhat locally; There is Pumphouse brewery that has produced a quite tasty blueberry beer, if you get a chance, you should try it. This brewery also has a good stiff Scotch Ale.