The Beer Thread

zenfisher

House Member
Sep 12, 2004
Seattle
Dead Guy Ale here... another fine brew from Rogue Breweries. Toro if you might have better luck finding this in your local public house...Mississippi Mud its a smoothe black & tan...mmmm yummmy. Wetcoast you'll have to run for the border to try some. Its readily available in Washington.

snoproblem

Nominee Member
Mar 18, 2005
Re: RE: The Beer Thread

Wetcoast40 said:
I consider Coors Light the beer for people who don't like the taste of beer. At least, that the Coors Light made in Canada.

I have never understood the popularity of Coor's Light in recent years. It tastes like ass... watery ass, at that.

I like a dark brew in the cold months, they're good and toasty.

Toro

Senate Member
Re: RE: The Beer Thread

zenfisher said:
Dead Guy Ale here... another fine brew from Rogue Breweries. Toro if you might have better luck finding this in your local public house...Mississippi Mud its a smoothe black & tan...mmmm yummmy. Wetcoast you'll have to run for the border to try some. Its readily available in Washington.

Is Rogue Breweries a Seattle outfit?

zenfisher

House Member
Sep 12, 2004
Seattle
No they are out of Oregon. They make some fine brews. There is a company out of Rosalyn, WA that makes a good ale. ...but I can't quite remember the name of it....Hah...if that's not a selling point....

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
I have never understood the popularity of Coor's Light in recent years. It tastes like ass... watery ass, at that.

They have the best ads on TV. The success of Coors Light is proof that the advertising industry can sell us anything it wants to.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Time to restart this thread...

Now this beer is pretty good:

Tis what I'm drinking right now :)[/img]

manda

Council Member
Jul 3, 2005
swirling in the abyss of nowhere la
Andem said:

I thought you had said that it wasn't that great, but it was indeed cheap....I like a variety myself, If I just want one or 2, moose light goes down nice....but I love MGD and Corona

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
When I was in Germany, this was my favorite. I wonder if they still have the big Lowenbrau lion at the Octoberfest.

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005
I this the fella, #juan? They're a conservative lot in Munich, I don't know when you were last there, but it's probably just as you remember it. (Mind you, nothing wrong with being conservative with regard to beermaking).

[URL=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img309.imageshack.us/img309/6677/lion3tp.jpg[/URL][/img]

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
manda said:
Andem said:

I thought you had said that it wasn't that great, but it was indeed cheap....I like a variety myself, If I just want one or 2, moose light goes down nice....but I love MGD and Corona

I did say it wasn't great, indeed. But that was when I had it on tap at the local pub. Yuck. But the bottles are actually pretty good :)

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Nice going Hard Luck,:lol:

I remember that lion rubbing his belly and saying "L o w e n b r a u" in a deep voice. I have fond memories of the Octoberfest; dancing, and drinking, and eating myself into a stupor every night for two weeks. Did I say "fond"?

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005
#juan said:
Nice going Hard Luck,:lol:

I remember that lion rubbing his belly and saying "L o w e n b r a u" in a deep voice. I have fond memories of the Octoberfest; dancing, and drinking, and eating myself into a stupor every night for two weeks. Did I say "fond"?

8O did you say "memories"? :lol: :lol: :lol:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Hard Luck wrote:"did you say "memories?"

Sure, I remember all those breakfasts.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

In those days you could keep the beer steins. I had about a dozen strung on a tie. The next morning all I had left was four or five handles. It's a wonder they didn't lock us up. :lol: