Study Confirms That Fox News Makes You Stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
When in my post mentioned Maryland's gifts to the world, (Biden and Hoyer) I was sure that the oh so intelligent and well-informed non-FOX watchers would retort with the young female Senate contender who tried to assure Americans that she was not a witch.

Since I can't remember her name, so I must be just as stupid (no wonder, I watch FOX) as those who don't.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
What are you talking about? Wikipedia? I know well the misinformation Wikipedia can sometimes have.
And yet you cut and paste it constantly.

As Retired Canadian Soldier said earlier, you reveal more than you mean too...

Did you go back and read the actual questionnaire and the answers, to see how your source site manipulated the finds to suit their agenda? Or does that not jive with you agenda?

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
When in my post mentioned Maryland's gifts to the world, (Biden and Hoyer) I was sure that the oh so intelligent and well-informed non-FOX watchers would retort with the young female Senate contender who tried to assure Americans that she was not a witch.

Christine O'Donnell? She's from Delaware (born in Philadelphia PA). Why would anybody bring her up (since we were talking about Maryland)? Did Faux tell you she was from Maryland?

Since I can't remember her name, so I must be just as stupid (no wonder, I watch FOX) as those who don't.

Not remembering a name would not make someone stupid. One could argue that not knowing you could google "I am not a witch" and get the info makes one stupid (not that I'm arguing that).

Last edited:

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
"Christine O'Donnell? She's from Delaware. Why would anybody bring her up (since we were talking about Maryland)? Did Faux tell you she was from Maryland?"

Did any of the "CREDIBLE" news sources tell you that Joe Biden was from Maryland?

If not, all those of you FOX bashers walked right into the trap I set for you. (Posts #54 and #62).

Geez, it feels good to be troll once in my life.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg

You failed misearably all the other times. Good to see you successful for once,

Thanks, petros, maybe sometime in a very distant future I can pay you the same compliment.

Other than the quotes accredited to FOX, this article was NOT published/authored by FOX:

"But it’s not just Fox News viewers who are misinformed, as Talking Points Memo reports:

Daily consumers of MSNBC and public broadcasting (NPR and PBS) were higher (34 points and 25 points respectively) in believing that it was proven that the US Chamber of Commerce was spending money raised from foreign sources to support Republican candidates. Daily watchers of network TV news broadcasts were 12 points higher in believing that TARP was signed into law by President Obama, and 11 points higher in believing that most Republicans oppose TARP.

Update:
Michael Clemente, Senior Vice President of News Editorial for FOX News:

“The latest Princeton Review ranked the University of Maryland among the top schools for having ‘Students Who Study The Least’ and being the ‘Best Party School’” adding “given these fine academic distinctions, we’ll regard the study with the same level of veracity it was ‘researched’ with.”

Like Forest Gump said: "Stupid is as stupid does".

Pity those poor, stupid people who watch FOX:

The Scoreboard: Thursday, December 16 - TVNewser

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Did any of the "CREDIBLE" news sources tell you that Joe Biden was from Maryland?

I have no idea where Joe is or isn't from or who, if anybody, ever told me since it is of no importance to me. Joe, could be like Obama and be from Africa for all I care.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
I have no idea where Joe is or isn't from or who, if anybody, ever told me since it is of no importance to me. Joe, could be like Obama and be from Africa for all I care.

If American news is of no importance to you (and your cohorts) why does FOX News matter to you (and your cohorts)?

Did you just declare (by your post) that you believe that Obama is not an American?

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
If American news is of no importance to you (and your cohorts) why does FOX News matter to you (and your cohorts)?

I can't speak for my cohorts (mostly because I don't know who they are) but Faux matters to me because it's entertaining. As I've said numerous times before, it is generally the news network I watch (when I feel like watching an infotainment channel). As for the importance of "American news", I guess I just don't consider the birthplace of Joe Biden as being as "newsworthy" as you do. Perhaps if you could explain to me how it could possibly make a difference to me if Joe was born in Baltimore instead of Scranton, then I might have cause to care.

Did you just declare (by your post) that you believe that Obama is not an American?

I heard it on Faux so it's most likely true.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
The only problem I have with FOX is it claims to be something it's not.

Fair and balanced.

If a private network wants to promote one particular political idealolgy that's fine but don't pretend to be otherwise.

It's like CNN saying it's the most trusted network...it's BS.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
Is any network fair and balanced? If your left leaning you listen to CNN, if your right you listen to FOX. Basically the major stories are similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.