Somalian crisis

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
How about I blame it on Muslim Portuguese and useless Muslim Newfies ****ing all day to make you feel better and in line with your idea where the thread should go?

Muslim Newfies...

Muwfies!

That's funny.

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
I'm going to move to Mars and set up a church where the first directive will be to make me a saint ... maybe I'll let people call me Jesus Muhammad. I'll terrorize anyone that doesn't look and think like me. Anyone caught breeding without the resources to feed themselves and their offspring will be catapulted into space ... along with their offspring. Terrorists will be kept on staff to deny that anyone is being catapulted into space. Disappearances will be attributed to black hole vortex clouds that suck away non-compliant or different people.

Required dress code for men (see illustration below) ... although they will be permitted to walk around with paper bags on their heads and gunnysacks from neck to toe if they are unable to produce the black body bags without outside assistance:

Apparently we're kicking $50 million for food. Who are we buying it from?

Maybe we're paying for wheat that we sold to the south and now they're selling it (pricing it) at twice what they paid and dropping it in the desert for the terrorists to collect. I hear they're short of cash south of the border ... and there has been an awful lot of monkey business with banks and funding and money in general. With the heat, they probably need to unload any produce that is in storage.

Last edited:

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I'm going to move to Mars and set up a church where the first directive will be to make me a saint ... maybe I'll let people call me Jesus Muhammad. I'll terrorize anyone that doesn't look and think like me. Anyone caught breeding without the resources to feed themselves and their offspring will be catapulted into space ... along with their offspring. Terrorists will be kept on staff to deny that anyone is being catapulted into space. Disappearances will be attributed to black hole vortex clouds that suck away non-compliant or different people.

Required dress code for men (see illustration below) ... although they will be permitted to walk around with paper bags on their heads and gunnysacks from neck to toe if they are unable to produce the black body bags without outside assistance:

I can imagine trying to find my wife in a mall if all the women were dressed like that.....:lol:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Maybe we're paying for wheat that we sold to the south and now they're selling it (pricing it) at twice what they paid and dropping it in the desert for the terrorists to collect. I hear they're short of cash south of the border ... and there has been an awful lot of monkey business with banks and funding and money in general. With the heat, they probably need to unload any produce that is in storage.

YAAAAAWN.

How do you make that rolling eyes emoticon?

I can imagine trying to find my wife in a mall if all the women were dressed like that.....:lol:

Women DaSleeper? She was saying that the burka (or gunny sack) will be the dress code for men. Your wife would have trouble finding you in the mall.

I guess she has a problem with men. ;)

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
YAAAAAWN.

Women DaSleeper? She was saying that the burka (or gunny sack) will be the dress code for men. Your wife would have trouble finding you in the mall.

I read that.....I was just thinking back to yesterday when I went to pick up my wife at Walmart, and had a hell of a time finding her because I couldn't remember what she was wearing....
If I was muslim, that would be reason enough for me to ask my wife not to wear that shyte.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Yes, Canada is just the little brother of the US, we here do nothing without their permission and just too happy serve when requested

No, no, no... not this time. You're in charge of this one. It's all your's baby. Just tell us where to spread the steel around.

I read that.....I was just thinking back to yesterday when I went to pick up my wife at Walmart, and had a hell of a time finding her because I couldn't remember what she was wearing....
If I was muslim, that would be reason enough for me to ask my wife not to wear that shyte.

Well in Ariadne's world that would not be a problem because men would be in burkas.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Okay.

Let's get a few things straight.....

It doesn't matter that they are Muslim.

It doesn't matter that they hate our guts.

It doesn't matter that they are in the same nation as pirates.

All that matters is that tens of thousands of people are dying from starvation, and that makes it our duty, and our responsibility, to try and help in any way we can.

Plainly put, STFU and get out your chequebooks......

http://www.worldvision.ca/Pages/welcome.aspx

It's the Christian thing to do.... :)

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
It should also be remembered that not all the people are Muslim and only a small number are
pirates. In fact if there were jobs and a nations infrastructure there would likely be no pirates
either. Devastation, starvation and lack of authority makes people do strange things to survive.
Have we really become that self centered that their lives don't mean a damn thing? I cannot
believe that people can sit there and do nothing when for the price of a case of beer so many
could be helped. A society is measured by how we treat each other, and a citizen of the world
should be measured the same.
We could sit by and watch kids starve to death. Even if we were that self centered and me oriented
think about this. That child dying by the side of the road might have gown up to find the cure for
cancer, or indeed the solution that would put an end to famine itself. When we allow the less fortunate
to just die we drag ourselves down to a new level of civilization. As Colpy said, it doesn't matter
whether they are Muslim or even if they hate us, it is the right thing to do, to help in a situation like
this.
I do think any food aid going to that region should be food from Canada, as it will also help the farm
industry that is suffering setbacks at home. The USA does that and so do other nations Canada buys
the cheapest from anywhere they can find. We must all help each other on this planet cause like it or
not we are all one disaster away from being in the same mess. The time for posturing is over and the
time to meet our responsibility to help is at hand.

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
YAAAAAWN.

I have no problem with men. I have a problem with a religion that requires women to dress up with long black bags over their heads. I think there needs to be a new religion in places that practice that nutty idea, one that allows women to go about their business as usual, and forces men to stumble around with long black bags over their heads. Wait a minute ... those countries will just kill people that tried to introduce that ideology. Seriously, who in their right mind wants to stumble around in the hot sun wearing a big black body bag?

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I just don't get it. We feed them, so they breed. They breed and have more children they can't feed, so we feed them.
We see these horrific images of Somalian women coming to the camps with their large brood of kids. Why would they bring all these children to the world if they can't support them? What are their mating practices? Do they have ritualistic orgies?
The men disappear as soon as they got the women pregnant, to give birth to boys who will grow up to be like the men their mother had sex with to get pregnant.
The population growth is out of control. They cut down the trees for fire, then they don't have trees for ecological balance. Figure that.

You look like such a nice woman in your photo, yet you spew such garbage. Mating practices? Orgies? Oh, and there aren't many trees left in Somalia, so worry over lack of, is a bit late.

It is not just Somalia, it is everywhere do-gooders have interfered with the natural balance of life.

I really doubt that do-gooders are responsible for such a drastic drought, Cliffy. The region has been in a drought situation for years and is only getting worse but go ahead and blame it on people who just want to help - that will certainly make the situation so much better.

Well you can be assured that if roles were reversed, they would not be helping us.
This helping thing, is a Christian thing.

For instance, as for a few days ago, the African Union, which has a lot of money has not contributed to the Somali relief, neither has the Gulf States or Nigeria.

Does this not tell you something??

I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens when we do find ourselves in need of help, Durry. In the meantime, I am sure that Somalians are thankful for all the compassionate people outside their continent who are willing to help.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I really doubt that do-gooders are responsible for such a drastic drought, Cliffy. The region has been in a drought situation for years and is only getting worse but go ahead and blame it on people who just want to help - that will certainly make the situation so much better.
Take a long look at the history of Africa. Many of the people used to subsistence farm or herd their livestock about the country side being nomadic, not returning to a given area until the environment had a chance to recover from feeding livestock. Then along comes missioneries who said, we can't have that. We need to educate these people so they can read the bible. So they force the people to stay in one place, with the help of colonial governments, so they could be educated. And, well, we can't have them running around drinking from streams and rivers. It just isn't civilized, so they dug wells. Well th e water table drops because the people and their animals are stuck in one place. They mate like rabbits because there is not much to do when your not roaming around the country side. Pretty soon there is no more food, no water and voila, you have a drought. It has been going on for 50 to a 100 years now. So we keep sending in truck loads of food and they keep eating it. They have no way to grow their own, we took away a lifestyle that sustained them for thousands of years. You can't take a nomadic people and force them to live a sedentary life and expect it to work.

Take all that money we send in the form of food and do something else with it, like something smart. How about letting them go back to their old lifestyle and training them in sustainable agriculture. Help build a national infrastructure that can sustain them, train them and give them something to do t help themselves. There have been a number of projects that were set up in isolated area that just petered out because of lack of funding or long term planning. If all the have nations pooled all the money they keep dumping over there and come up with a workable plan, a plan that includes local input so that we are not working against their interests.

You can't keep dumping money on the problem, because that is what has precipitated the problem in the first place. A long term solution is what is needed, not these feel good band aid solutions we have seen for the last century. It has already been pointed out that colonialism is the main cause for most of Africa's problems. Well. if we were serious about rectifying the situation, then those colonial powers need to pony up to fix it. But I doubt that a solution is what they want. The West has a vested interest in a destabilized Africa. It makes it so much easier to steal their resources. Our wonderful lifestyle is dependent on keeping the third world on the perpetual roller coaster. Somali warlords and brutal dictatorships are a necessary part of our foreign policy to maintain our "freedoms".

It is going to take a lot to turn that bandwagon around. Debating about sending more food is just farting in the wind. Who has the balls to tackle this problem head on? I thought it was the UN's job to do stuff like that. It certainly gets fed enough cash every year to do something more than bandaid solutions.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I have no problem with men. I have a problem with a religion that requires women to dress up with long black bags over their heads. I think there needs to be a new religion in places that practice that nutty idea, one that allows women to go about their business as usual, and forces men to stumble around with long black bags over their heads. Wait a minute ... those countries will just kill people that tried to introduce that ideology. Seriously, who in their right mind wants to stumble around in the hot sun wearing a big black body bag?

Oh well that is cool then. As long as you want to give some men a taste of their own medicine.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Well you can be assured that if roles were reversed, they would not be helping us.
This helping thing, is a Christian thing.

For instance, as for a few days ago, the African Union, which has a lot of money has not contributed to the Somali relief, neither has the Gulf States or Nigeria.

Does this not tell you something??

That's pure bull crap. Not sure where you get your facts, but you maybe should try reading some press releases from the African Union before assuming they have "not contributed to Somali relief".

Educate yourself, this is one week old today, more than a few days ago even from yesterday:
http://www.au.int/en/sites/default/files/Press Release - emergency relief assistance to Somalia.pdf

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
That's pure bull crap. Not sure where you get your facts, but you maybe should try reading some press releases from the African Union before assuming they have "not contributed to Somali relief".

Educate yourself, this is one week old today, more than a few days ago even from yesterday:
http://www.au.int/en/sites/default/files/Press Release - emergency relief assistance to Somalia.pdf
I got my info directly from Brain Stewart on the CBC National. Is Brain ever wrong, he's considered an expert in these matters.
If you don't agree with the info, go see him!!