Somalian crisis

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
You took the words right out of my mouth. Here we are bleeding for the Somalians while they are piroting ous ships and letting our charities feed their starving women and children. My question is, why have not the United States under NATO banner bombed the hell out of them, like they are doing in Lybia as we speak. I don't recall seeing any starving Lybians staggering out of the desert, only a relatively small number of intellectuals opposed to the regime, yet NATO and the US were quick to respond to their call.
Incidently, Lybia was successful creating an infrastructure to provide for its people, while fighting Sudan of all people. May not be perfect, but look what they have to work with.
So, what is going on? Is it humanitarian effort we are talking about or just cold hard politics?

Excuse me... why are you saying "NATO and the US"? News Flash... Canada is leading the NATO bombing campaign in Libya. The US is just an auxillary.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
When I said it could one day be us, it was not a Christian thing at all it was a humanitarian thing.
Just because another group of nations has not come forward does not mean we should sit on the
sideline.. Yes they are for the most part Muslim, however sometimes a leading role can be taken
by doing something rather than talking about it.
If the roles were reversed they likely wouldn't help as a government you are right but it does not
mean we should let women and kids starve to death because of something somebody else might
or might not do.
We have money for damn near everything but not to help the poorest of the poor obtain something
to eat. At the same time the nations of the west ask how come so much of the world hates us.
For the most part the west has been there to help, so the criticism is not warranted. that does not
mean we should tolerate starvation.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
You took the words right out of my mouth. Here we are bleeding for the Somalians while they are piroting ous ships and letting our charities feed their starving women and children. My question is, why have not the United States under NATO banner bombed the hell out of them, like they are doing in Lybia as we speak. I don't recall seeing any starving Lybians staggering out of the desert, only a relatively small number of intellectuals opposed to the regime, yet NATO and the US were quick to respond to their call.
Incidently, Lybia was successful creating an infrastructure to provide for its people, while fighting Sudan of all people. May not be perfect, but look what they have to work with.
So, what is going on? Is it humanitarian effort we are talking about or just cold hard politics?

LOL. Considering the lack of government over there what is stopping you from going there and laying down the law, handing out punisments, doling out food etc, and don't blame politics. That's just being lazy. I mean you could at least adopt a few of the miserable looking children, it's not like it's their fault their parents don't have access to the 15 million types of birth control out there. I mean pulease.

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
There is no connection between the drought and starving refugees and the Muslim pirates except that the pirates have overthrown the government in that region. The pirates are from a different part of Somalia and are not under the rule of the International temporary government overseen by the UN.

Government spokesman Omar Osman accused the hard-line Islamic insurgent group, al-Shabab, of thwarting humanitarian relief efforts.

“The situation is very grave [and] for us, our action is very limited due to the extreme nature of the drought,” said Omar. “We have seen an influx of refugees or internally displaced people fleeing from regions controlled by al-Shabab moving to government controlled areas.”

Described by Washington as a terrorist group with links to al-Qaida, al-Shabab militants control much of southern and central Somalia, while the government controls only parts of the capital, Mogadishu. It seems to me, al-Shabab like other militant Muslim groups has the intent to "Kill all Unbelievers"

Advocating the bombing of a drought ridden area filled with starving people is usually the solution of religious fanatics......a form of "kill all the unbelievers". I guess Canada isn't as moderate or civilized as I thought.

Ghaddafi is an arrogant mad-man. His people came out in peaceful demonstrations to demand the right to self rule and a few human rights. His army of 50,000 fired on the unarmed civilians. Before setting him up as a leader to look up to - read up a bit on him. He and his family make Oprah, The Queen of England, Bill Gates, together, look like paupers. He has money stashed in banks all over the world.......in excess of 128 billion. That money, most of it actually belongs to the Lybian people and should be used for them.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
I just don't get it. We feed them, so they breed. They breed and have more children they can't feed, so we feed them.
We see these horrific images of Somalian women coming to the camps with their large brood of kids. Why would they bring all these children to the world if they can't support them? What are their mating practices? Do they have ritualistic orgies?
The men disappear as soon as they got the women pregnant, to give birth to boys who will grow up to be like the men their mother had sex with to get pregnant.
The population growth is out of control. They cut down the trees for fire, then they don't have trees for ecological balance. Figure that.

I don't get it.

You honestly don't care about people suffering from starvation.

Amazing.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Leading???hahaha, what's your definition of leading???
A puppet who was picked by the US and a few jets, hardly leading!!

Is not the commander of the Libyan Campaign a Canadian General? Heck... we're not even commanding NATO. The Secretary General of NATO is a Dane and the Top Military Chairman is an Italian Admiral.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Is not the commander of the Libyan Campaign a Canadian General? Heck... we're not even commanding NATO. The Secretary General of NATO is a Dane and the Top Military Chairman is an Italian Admiral.

Ok, the term "leading" kinda thru me !!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Here we are bleeding for the Somalians while they are pirating our ships and
letting our charities feed their starving women and children.
So these small size fishermen overfished the Indian Ocean turned to being pirates and caused a drought after they stole arms off of yachts?

This is better than TV.

AbtFet

Time Out
Jul 23, 2011

If our charities were so good at feeding their "starving women and children" there wouldn't be any pirates to begin with.
Piracy for them is a way of life, the only way for them to make enough for the survival of them and their families.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Piracy for them is a way of life, the only way for them to make enough for the survival of them and their families.
If they would spend a lot less time fkn and more time managing their country and building irrigation canals, we would not have to feed them and they would not have to become pirates.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
If they would spend a lot less time fkn and more time managing their country and building irrigation canals, we would not have to feed them and they would not have to become pirates.
The men used to fish all day. But some assholes with giant trollers fished out the Indian Ocean. It all started with attacking the giant foreign trollers then lead to get whatever they could to get food.

Reality version sucks doesn't it?

Is it right? No.

If all the cattle and ruminants here died off and drought fried the grain crops what would you do to eat?

Pine needle soup?

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
The men used to fish all day. But some assholes with giant trollers fished out the Indian Ocean. It all started with attacking the giant foreign trollers then lead to get whatever they could to get food.
If your a strong country, you defend your off shore rights.
Can't do that if your fkn all the time and can't manage sh^t!!

Yeah, reality sucks alright, for them!!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Strong like Canada who sent warships after the Portugeuse? If those Newfies weren't too busy ****ing they could have saved their cod and rammed three or four hundred little dories into the hulls of the massive Portuguese drag netters gettting crashed one by one?

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Strong like Canada who sent warships after the Portugeuse? If those Newfies weren't too busy ****ing they could have saved their cod and rammed three or four hundred little dories into the hulls gettting crashed one by one?
Ooooh , don't try to changing the channel, stick to the thread,,,,eh!!