Should a third-time convicted thief be branded on the forehead?

Shoulf a third-tiime convicted thief be branded on the forehead?

• Yes.

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • No.

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Other answer.

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
only if it is done to politicians
somehow I think we should also bill them for the firewood too

BTW
the best way to rob a bank is to own one
so lets go oil inclusive at our little dude ranch

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
I agree,clearly it depend on who was or what was stolen,the age of the offender, but as a rule I would prefer other crimes over a thief.
Thieves are the bottom of the barrel for me

Creepy

Creepy

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
No, because Id rather not live under a midieval regime resembling ISIS or North Korea.

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
You already snipped that part from your earlier response. Your imam is there helping you again.

You should not be using the Quran as proof or advice on anything, but since that is all you seem to know, let me show you from that book of lies about the falsehood of Islam. The words from the Quran.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wObTguL10L4

The answer is in the interpretation by the interpreter Mohammed-Ali Hassan Al-Hilly.

I surprise how can such men (including Murphy) who know Arabic and they work to deceive people .. that is to prevent people from conversion and leaving their original religions.

So, I will go directly to the interpretation of the aya about which this deceiver spoke.

Quran 17: 59, which means:
{59. Nothing is preventing Us from sending [Our messenger] with [material] miracles but only that the ancients denied such [miracles a],
and We even gave [the tribe of] Thamood the female camel: an obvious [miracle
b], but they wronged [themselves] by [killing] it [and so We terminated them.]
And We do not send [messengers] with miracles, but only to frighten [that particular nation
c.]}

59 a The meaning: The reason that We do not send a messenger (or apostle) with an objective material miracle, is that the ancients denied the miracles and said: These are only a manifest magic.

Therefore, if We give you a material objective miracle by the hand of Mohammed, as do you demand, and you see it with your eyes, then you will say: This is a manifest magic, as did your ancestors say; and then We have to terminate you.

59 b As did they suggest to their prophet.

59 c As did We send Moses with nine miracles to frighten Pharaoh and his ‘chiefs and princes’.

http://quran-ayat.com/pret/17.htm#a17_59
quran-ayat(dot)com

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
Al-Hilly's interpretation was wrong. There will be no conversions from here, unless you become a Christian or a Jew, and I do not think either will take you. You talk with a serpent's tongue.

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
My comment according to the interpretation of the interpreter:

God sent in the past a large number of messengers (i.e. apostles) to their peoples, and the people demanded miracles from their messenger; but the miracle is not up to the messenger himself: the miracle is up to God Himself; i.e. God makes the miracle in the behalf of the messenger to prove his truthfulness, and it is not that the messenger himself is actually doing the miracle.
Now, whenever a messenger brought out a miracle from God, his people would deny it, and keep saying: such miracle is only a magic or sorcery.
The program of God is that if a people deny His miracle brought by His messenger, He will terminate them on account of their insisting on their disbelief even after making the miracle.
http://www.quran-ayat.com/hour/an_hour_with_ghosts.htm#Miracles_of_the_Prophets

============================================================

The following aya will confirm that:

[When Quraish tribe demanded a miracle of the Prophet – salam to him – so that they may convert, this aya was revealed:]
{10: 101. Say [O Mohammed to them]: "Look to what [wonders a] are in the heavens and the earth b!
But neither will miracles c nor warners d avail a people who do not believe [in God and in His messenger.]"}

101 a And contemplate about their creation and perfection, and ask yourselves: who created and perfected all that: is it your idols or God who created that? So this is the best miracle and the greatest proof about God’s might and oneness.

101 b i.e. the planets including the earth.

101 c Will avail you anything against the punishment; it means: when the punishment will come on you, when you deny the miracle which you suggest to Our messenger, the miracle will not repel the punishment from you; moreover, you will not believe when you see it; therefore, what is the benefit from such suggestion of yours?

101 d Nor will the warners be able to repel the punishment from you. It means: Your prophets too will not intercede for you, when the punishment will come on you, neither can they avert it from you, but they will leave you and go away (from a people who do not believe [in God and in His messenger.])

http://quran-ayat.com/pret/10.htm#a10_101
quran-ayat(dot)com

================================================================

When Prophet Mohammed came to his people and invited them to worship God alone and to discard the idols, they refused to believe, and they started to demand of him the extra-ordinary miracles like in these ayat:

Quran 17: 90-93, which mean:
{90. And the [associaters or idolaters among the Arab] say: "We will not believe you [Mohammed] till you cause, for us, a [water] spring to gush forth from the earth."

91. "Or you have a garden of date palms and grapes, and cause rivers to flow, amidst its [trees, after] gushing forth [of the springs c.]"

92. "Or you make the sky to fall down, as you claim, upon us as pieces [of stones]; or you bring [us] God and the angels before us [to meet us and we see them] as a warrant [to testify to us that God has sent you.]"

93. "Or you have a house decorated [with gold, like the house of Solomon], or you ascend up into heaven, and even then we will not believe your ascension till you bring down for us a book that we can read [your authenticity, so that if it is true, we shall believe.]"

Say [O Mohammed]: "Glory be to my Lord!
d Am I not other than a mortal [like other mortals and], a messenger [like other messengers!?]"}

91 c i.e. at first the water springs gush forth from the earth, then the water flows in the rivers.

93 d Such expression is used for astonishment, which means: I surprise of you and of the miracles which you suggest.

http://quran-ayat.com/pret/17.htm#a17_90
quran-ayat(dot)com

==========================================================

In addition, the deceiver in this video, said that Jews believed the miracles of Moses and Christians believed the miracles of Jesus.

Take an example this CanadianContent forum: there are Jews and Christians.

Most of Jews do not believe in fact in Moses and his miracles; many of them say Moses was a drug addict, and that his revelations were some hallucination, in the same time many of them deny he was one of the Children of Israel; they say he was a captain with Pharaoh; and they moreover, deny even his existence and say he was a myth. So what about his miracles: of course they think they were some kind of sorcery and magic and tricks.
Moreover, Moses was sent to Pharaoah and his chiefs and his people who disbelieved and denied the miracles of Moses.

While about Christians: There is much blasphemy and atheism and disbelief among Christians who have so many non-religious programs and parties.
Moreover, when Jesus came to people and did the miracles which God gave to him: like reviving the dead: when he revived 4 men in the same day of their death, and he cured some diseased men ... the Children of Israel divided then into two parties:
Some of them said he was a magician and sorcerer, and the other party became enthusiastic about Jesus so they said he was the son of God and others said he was God Himself.

See this in this marvelous aya of the Quran

Quran 6: 50, which means:
[Quraish tribesmen said to the Prophet – salam to him: "If you truly are a Prophet as do you claim, then do for us the miracles that Jesus son of Mary did before, and then we may believe you; because Jesus cured the congenitally blind and the albino; he also revived the dead and foretold about the 'Unknown'."
Therefore, this aya was revealed in reply to their words:]

50. Say [Mohammed, to these disbelievers a]:
"I am not telling you that I have the treasuries of [the mercy of] God [so that I can work miracles like those of Jesus who cured the congenitally-blind and the albino and revived the dead],
nor that I know the Unknown
b,
nor that I am angel [like him, because Jesus was an angel that came down from heaven according to God's command, and entered in the body of the fetus in the womb of Mary.]
c
I only follow [the commands] revealed to me [from my Lord.]"
Say: "Are the blind [to the way of the truth like Abu-Jah'l], and the man seeing [it like Mohammed] equal?
d
Will you not contemplate [about that?]"

50 a Who suggest to you such suggestions.
50 b So that I may tell you about what you eat, and what you store in your homes, as did Jesus tell you.
50 c So God gave him such miracles in order that they might respect him, and might not kill him.

But in spite of that, such miracles did not avail anything with the Children of Israel; because when the Jews saw such miracles which Moses had not brought before, they denied them and said: “These are not the miracles of prophets, but they are only a great sorcery done by a devil having much knowledge about the sorcery.”

While when the Christians saw such miracles which he worked, they became enthusiastic about him, until they ascribed him as the son of God, and another sect claimed he is God Himself.

Therefore, the material miracles are useless, because they will lead to destruction and to admission into the Fire; so when you see the miracles which you demand, done as you demanded: either you will deny them and say: 'This is an obvious sorcery!' as did Jews claim about the miracles of Jesus; or you will be enthusiastic about me and say he is the son of God as did Christians say, and then your destination [in both cases] will be in the Fire.

So the material or objective miracles will not avail anything to let you believe; but better than this, you should think with your minds and look with your eyes to these stones which you worship: Can they profit or harm you? And in case you realize that they cannot do anything of that, then abandon them, and instead worship God your Lord and Creator and your Provider with the provision, if you believe in my words.
50 d It means: How can you follow Abu Jah'l who is blind to the way of the truth, and turn away from Mohammed who is certain and oriented about the truth and the religion?

http://quran-ayat.com/pret/6.htm#a6_50
quran-ayat(dot)com

=================================================================

Moreover, where are the miracles done by the previous prophets? They disappeared with their time. While the Quran is remaining as an outstanding miracle till Doomsday.
So the Quran miracle is better and more lasting. The Quran that none can bring about anything similar to it: out of mankind and genie-kind.

In addition, the guidance is up to God Who guides the one who is kind-hearted and who does good work to the poor and needy and is merciful to orphans and widows and who helps the weak ... this one who is prepared for guidance --> God will guide him without any need of any miracle.

While the one who transgresses on the weak and who does not show kindness to the poor and needy ..this one God will not guide even if all miracles are done for him, but will say such miracles are a sort of magic and trickery.

quran-ayat(dot)com

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I voted no.

Such a felon should be hanged. Third time and you're out, as the Yanks would say.