Should a third-time convicted thief be branded on the forehead?

Shoulf a third-tiime convicted thief be branded on the forehead?

• Yes.

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • No.

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Other answer.

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
The next ayat:
5: 41. O messenger, let not those [hypocrites] grieve you who hasten for the unbelief: of such as say with their mouths: "We believe", but their hearts believe not;

And of Jews,

[and the hypocrites] listen to the falsehood [of anyone, of the hypocrites and the disbelievers among their people, that lies to them:];

[and the hypocrites] listen [also] to other [Jewish] men
c c who have not come to you [Mohammed] d d perverting the word from its context [after they inserted and intrigued it among Muslims e e];

they say [to the hypocrites:] "If this [statement as in the Torah that the thief must pay a fine four doubles of the theft f f] is told to you, accept it [from Mohammed]; if you are not told with it g g, beware [of Mohammed, and do not accept his judgment; because his purpose is only to cut off your hands.]"

[Then He directed the address to His messenger:]

But whomever God wills to chastise i i, you [Mohammed] can do nothing with God concerning his [guidance];

such [evil-doers and Jewish disbelievers] are they whose hearts: God does not like to purify [from the 'Rayn'mm that covers their hearts j j.] Degradation will be for them in [the life of] the World k k; and in the Next [Life] they will have a mighty chastisement ll.

42. [They are] listeners to falsehood, devourers of illicit gain m; so if they n come to you [Mohammed] o judge between them [according to the Quran], or turn away from them [lest they should deceive you p];

if you turn away from them, they will hurt you nothing [so that is better q]; and if you judge, judge justly between them; for God loves the just r.

43. Yet [O Mohammed] how should they [: the Jews] make you their judge s, seeing they have the Torah including God's judgment t?

Then they turn away [from you
u] after that [arbitration]; for they do not believe [in you and in your decision v.]

44. Surely, We did reveal the Torah wherein is guidance [for the Children of Israel] and light [to those among them guided with it]; according to which were judged those Jewish w:

by the [previous] prophets [of the Children of Israel] who submitted themselves [to God
x],

and by the devout worshippers of God and by the rabbis
y;

according to [the Torah:] the Book of God that they were bidden to observe
z, and they a b were witnesses to it b c.

[Then God – be glorified – started to warn the Jewish rabbis contemporary to the Prophet – salam to him – and to threaten them that they should not alter God's statements in the Torah as did Ezra alter, and that they should not deny His messenger Mohammed, for the fear of their chiefs or for coveting the money as did some of those before them:]

Therefore, [O rabbis] fear not people, but fear Me [and don't deny My messenger]cd, and barter not My revelations for a little gain d e.

Whoso judge not with that which God has revealed
e x: such are the concealers of the truth.}

c c Who said to them: "Mohammed intends to cut off your hands with such judicial sentence, which is also a cruel sentence for the thief.
d d In order to discuss with you the judicial sentence of the thief, but that was only a deception and sedition which they inserted and intrigued among Muslims.
e e It means: if you inquire and blame them for their words, they answer you that: "we did not speak any word to hurt you, but it is only to your advantage."
f f The interpreter said: This [judicial sentence of the Ezra's Torah] is not correct and is not rational: because the one that steals a cow or a sheep, must be poor who does not own any cow or sheep, then how can he afford five cows to pay the fine of his theft?
In fact, God's judicial sentence in the original Torah was the cutting off of the hand, just like in the Quran, but Ezra changed this sentence in his Torah as an alleviation of the thief sentence.
g g And if he does not judge according to the Torah.
i i Because he wrongs people.
m m [The 'Rayn' covers the heart just like the rust which covers the iron.]
j j Because of their hypocrisy and wrong-doing.
k k With which they will be exposed among people according to their evil acts and their lies.
l l In Hell.

42 m And they don't mind.
42 n the Jews.
42 o For judgment.
42 p With their lying and their cunning.
42 q i.e. the turning away from them is safer in the outcome than the judging between them.
42 r In their judgment.

43 s In their legal controversies.
43 t Concerning the murderer and the adulterer, and other religious statements.
43 u i.e. they say to each other: "Let us return to our homes."
43 v i.e. neither do they believe you, nor do they agree about your judgment and your words.

44 w i.e. they judge Jews according to the Torah, and they teach them the affairs of their religion.
44 x And complied to His religion.
44 y i.e. the scholars of religion also teach them the statements of their religion as in the Torah.
44 z i.e. they were trusted with the Torah or the Book of God which He impose on them, and they should observe it as a trust.
44 a b i.e. the devout worshippers of God and the rabbis.
44 b c i.e. they were witnesses to the Book and to the judicial sentence for the thief.
It means: they were present and were witnesses and they saw it by their own eyes that the hand of the thief should be cut off, but the original Torah was torn up by Nabuchodonosor king of Babylon, and this judicial sentence for the thief was written by Ezra in his Torah of his own accord, to make it as an alleviation of the thief punishment.

44 c d And do not conceal the true statement in the original Torah concerning the punishment of the thief, nor the true prophet-hood of Mohammed.
44 d e i.e. for a little recompense in exchange of the revelations.
44 e x In the heavenly Books, so that he changes and alters as did Ezra.

The interpretation is by Mohammed-Ali Hassan Al-Hilly.
http://quran-ayat.com/pret/5.htm#a5_40

Last edited:

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
I think circumcision is optional in Islam.

The circumcision is mandatory; but it may be done when there is opportunity.
i.e. its time is not strictly at the age of 8 days, although as early as possible is better.

The interpreter said that Jews, according to God's command, used to circumcise at the age of 8 days; and in case the child is circumcised before the 40 days of age, he will come on Judgment Day circumcised, and if the child is circumcised at a later age, he (his soul) will come on Judgment Day uncircumcised; so that's the reason why should he be circumcised at such early age.

Last edited:

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Though I couldn't find a sufficiently reliable source online so can't say this with any certainty, my online search seems to indicate that male circumcision is at least preferable in Islam, but it's not clear if it's obligatory.

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
You already snipped that part from your earlier response. Your imam is there helping you again.

You should not be using the Quran as proof or advice on anything, but since that is all you seem to know, let me show you from that book of lies about the falsehood of Islam. The words from the Quran.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wObTguL10L4

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
and those people who take the prize out of the cereal box too
get THEM outta here

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012