'Serious allegations' against Guergis revealed

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Yeah, I would like that money back as well.

You gotta chose which poison do you want, I want the best of the worst lot!!

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong and set things right. Harper is a small man indeed. Neither he nor his party deserve a majority government.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Err, that should read "the best of the worst lot"

Err should read "the best of a bad lot"

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Husband a drunken drug addict-Check

Nasty overall piece of work-Check

Time to be readmitted to the Conservative caucus?

So she's guilty by association?

There would be all sorts of MP's that deserve to be kicked out of caucus if being 'nasty' was a firing criteria.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Husband a drunken drug addict-Check

Nasty overall piece of work-Check

Time to be readmitted to the Conservative caucus?

In this country we are "innocent" until proven "guilty". While her husband's morals may have some bearing with some voters, her husband's character had no business influencing this case. Harper was out of line. He should compensate her (out of his own pocket, not the trough)

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong and set things right. Harper is a small man indeed. Neither he nor his party deserve a majority government.

I'll give Harper the benefit of doubt and see how he reacts to this.....he will be asked.

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
The voices in my head just told me Peter McKay has snorted coke off of Condi Rice's left buttock, I demand that Harper drop him from the party right away.

Why is it a woman has her professional life toasted based on rumors, but Harper recycles other male screw-ups in the party?

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Harper also kept two senators charged of electorial fraud.

I'll give Harper the benefit of doubt and see how he reacts to this.....he will be asked.

He's a douche.....

Harper said he did the right thing in handing over the information he had received about Guergis to the RCMP for investigation, even if it was unsubstantiated.
But he said the decision to kick her out of the Conservative caucus was based on other factors, including a temper tantrum at an airport in Charlottetown where she berated security staff for asking her to remove her shoes for inspection before boarding an airplane.
“There were, as you know well, a range of political problems around this individual. They have been discussed among members of our caucus. There is simply no desire to see the return of this individual to our caucus.”

.......bag.

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Harper also kept two senators charged of electorial fraud.

He's a douche.....

Harper said he did the right thing in handing over the information he had received about Guergis to the RCMP for investigation, even if it was unsubstantiated.
But he said the decision to kick her out of the Conservative caucus was based on other factors, including a temper tantrum at an airport in Charlottetown where she berated security staff for asking her to remove her shoes for inspection before boarding an airplane.
“There were, as you know well, a range of political problems around this individual. They have been discussed among members of our caucus. There is simply no desire to see the return of this individual to our caucus.”

.......bag.

Sounds like the old boy network at work.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
No, that makes absolutely zero sense.

Why would she have to answer for her husbands deeds?

Well she was probably involved. She may or may not be arrested depending on her level of involvement, but if she knowingly aided him in deals, she's done like dinner.

But when we finally legalize narcotics, we'll all have a good hearty laugh about this from our cybernetic bioforms in 2590.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Sadly I think you are serious.

Sadly, you approve of hanging someone out to dry for their spouses transgressions. You should work for Harper's staff, you could be his man-servant.

Well she was probably involved. She may or may not be arrested depending on her level of involvement, but if she knowingly aided him in deals, she's done like dinner.

But when we finally legalize narcotics, we'll all have a good hearty laugh about this from our cybernetic bioforms in 2590.

Why would she be arrested, I have not read anything to indicate such a thing happening.

The accusations against her were unsubstantiated and from some private eye, were investigated and proven to be false.

"The allegations that got MP Helena Guergis kicked out of Prime Minister Stephen Harper's cabinet and caucus were based on unsubstantiated reports linking Guergis with claims of fraud, extortion, drug use and the involvement with prostitutes.A source in the Prime Ministers Office told Postmedia News the Conservative party's lawyer, Arthur Hamilton, had met with Derrick Snowdy, a private investigator, who alleged Guergis and her husband, former Conservative MP Rahim Jaffer, were seen on a video partying with prostitutes and doing cocaine.

Hamilton relayed the allegations to Harper's inner-circle and the prime minister's principal secretary, Ray Novak, wrote a letter to RCMP Commissioner William Elliott informing him of the allegations, which included fraud, extortion, obtaining benefits through false pretenses and the involvement of prostitution, the source confirmed.

Guergis was later was cleared by the RCMP of any wrongdoing.