Rwandan Genocide was committed by Christians??

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Religions don't kill people. People kill people.

The Rwandan genocide was based mostly on race and class. Religion was not a major factor.

The underlying dynamics of this conflict are the same for most conflicts. Individuals of one identifiable group use hate and fear of another identifiable group to motivate one group to support/commit atrocities against the other group. The motivating factor of the manipulators is greed and lust for power. They will end up with the victim's wealth and fill the power vacuum.

Better examples of Christians killing others based on race/religion would be Orthodox Christian Serbs killing mostly Muslim Bosnians or Christian Nazis killing Jews.

Hitler's Christianity
http://www.nobeliefs.com/Hitler1.htm

An example of Muslims killing Christians, would be the mostly Muslim Turks slaughtering the mostly Christian Armenians. But race/ethnicity was also an important factor.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenian_genocide

Race, religion and class are just ways to differentiate one group from the other. Once the division is made, people are easily manipulated by fear and hate to support/commit war crimes and crimes against humanity.

People are just as vulnerable today to be manipulated by hate and fear. Look at all the anti-Muslim BS posted on this forum. A lot of people believe Muslims are inherently evil and bent on our destruction. That's what the Turks said about the Armenians, Nazis said about the Jews and Hutus said about the Tutsis. No doubt we are being primed for yet another holocaust.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Religions don't kill people. People kill people.

The Rwandan genocide was based mostly on race and class. Religion was not a major factor.

The underlying dynamics of this conflict are the same for most conflicts. Individuals of one identifiable group use hate and fear of another identifiable group to motivate one group to support/commit atrocities against the other group. The motivating factor of the manipulators is greed and lust for power. They will end up with the victim's wealth and fill the power vacuum.

Better examples of Christians killing others based on race/religion would be Orthodox Christian Serbs killing mostly Muslim Bosnians or Christian Nazis killing Jews.

Hitler's Christianity
http://www.nobeliefs.com/Hitler1.htm

An example of Muslims killing Christians, would be the mostly Muslim Turks slaughtering the mostly Christian Armenians. But race/ethnicity was also an important factor.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenian_genocide

Race, religion and class are just ways to differentiate one group from the other. Once the division is made, people are easily manipulated by fear and hate to support/commit war crimes and crimes against humanity.

People are just as vulnerable today to be manipulated by hate and fear. Look at all the anti-Muslim BS posted on this forum. A lot of people believe Muslims are inherently evil and bent on our destruction. That's what the Turks said about the Armenians, Nazis said about the Jews and Hutus said about the Tutsis. No doubt we are being primed for yet another holocaust.
I dissagree. There are those that do tend to miss the point of the various factions in the Muslim faith. But if you read past the hysteria in some of the posts, you will see that the fear is directed at the extremists, not the whole of the Muslim faith.

Sure, some see the influence of the Muslim faith on the west as a threat, but for most their only exposure to the Quran, has bee terrorist threats, bombings, riots over cartoons, mass murder, conspiracy rifts and denial from a religious community. What should the masses think, when they witness this?

I would rather think better of my fellow man, then to believe we will revisit the evils of the holocaust.

Some people do not need external forces to manipulate their fears either. Those fears were born on 9/11, as they watched the evil unfold in HiDefinition. Those images did more to create a divide then any anti Muslim propoganda, could ever hope to.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Besides the obvious, I'm not sure what happened on 9/11. But I do know that the people we blame are no more representative of Islam than the people who run the Jesus camp represent Christianity.

We still haven't learned. Many people who post on this forum are about as tolerant as the people who run the Jesus camp.

What is going on in Palestine fits any definition of ethnic cleansing. Most of the people who used to live in Palestine, now live in concentration camps. Their homes have been occupied by immigrants or razed to the ground. What separates the two groups of people in this conflict is religion.

Eventually Israel will be defeated by the will of 1.3 billion Muslims who blame Israel for the oppression and injustice suffered by Palestinians. Sooner or later, Israel will be attacked en masse by militants armed with man portable munitions capable of destroying walls, tanks and aircraft. As the state of Israel collapses, it will resort to nukes. Millions of innocent people will die. I see no way this eventuality can be avoided. When I said holocaust, that's what I was referring to.