Rights Group Calls for Cheney Arrest-in Vancouver

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
You must still be getting your"facts" from an alternate to news source. The US did not start an illegal war of aggression against the Iraqi people. They went to help free the Iraqi citizens from a corrupt and oppressive government.

That is exactly the nature of the Kool aid the USG wanted you to drink, digest and accept as "fact".

There are many corrupt regimes on this planet..........but not all of them are situatied in the ME and are OIL RICH.

If you think the US gave one hoot about the Iraqi people , you are very naive . IF the Iraqis benefit......it will be as a bi product of the whole and protracted affair where other motives played a big role in.

bush stated: that he was not into regime change in Iraq as regime changes by another nation are illegal. Just another LIE in a pile of many. REGIME CHANGE is exactly what he wanted in Iraq.
What is astonishing is that so many fell for this BS like duped sleep walkers they turned out to be.

One would think that after TEN years folks would have seen the light and figured out the truth.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I think most of us agree that going into iraq was a huge blunder, and done for all the wrong reasons,
BUT it is history now, time waits for no one, and life goes on.
One cannot undo what has been done, that is impossible, so being the positive person I am, I will look
for the improvements 'now' in iraq, and hope that their lives can improve as time passes.

In Afghanistan I see that the canadians have helped so much in the rebuilding process, and I also hope
their lives have turned the corner a little, and they have more strength to live their own lives, without
the taliban dragging them back in time, by trying to make them live lives that belonged in the stone ages.

It does nothing for the future of either country to continue whining and raging about bush and the u.s.
government.
Look to the future, and hope for better lives for all.

Bush and the republican government showed everyone how 'not' to govern, and left a terrible mess for
Obama.

I don't think the american government will repeat those mistakes, and let the rest of the world see them
as too aggressive and with obama at the helm, much more diplomatic paths will be taken.

I'm just so tired of the constant muddling around in the past, because that is what it is now, the past,
lets look ahead, and leave the past where it belongs, and learn from those mistakes.

Those huge 'cut and paste' articles, and there must be hundreds of them by now, do nothing to help anyone,
all they do is show hatred for the u.s. government, (a government that is gone now), a hatred for a past
government, and shows nothing at all positive or helpful for the future.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
So why didn't they just say that instead of making stuff up about WMDs?

Because they could not make that appear like a "threat" , when the BIG lie of WMD was a language of threat that everyone understood. Fortunately many did not believe it from the beginning....... and unfortunately the US lost a lot of credibility and respect.

Tal. If folks are not brought to some kind of justice........the society will just deteriorate even further. You claim to live in the now and be a positive person............. does that mean you have forgotten and forgiven everything the Nazis did?? In their glory days. Or other atrocities committed by other nations/ leaders. ??

If being "positive" and moving forward means that folks like Cheney , Bush Blair , Rumsfeld get away with international crimes. the torture took place off US soil. Makes it an international crime. But you can be sure the legal teams considered that and found a way around it.

Do we want to live in a barbaric society where the law means nothing ......particularly on a selective basis where the privileged can get away with barbarism on the grounds of "national security".

Perhaps the key question in all this is : Just how far are folks prepared to go , what are they prepared to give up and what are they prepared to accept as the "new norm" ......on the grounds of "national security""".........when in reality there is no such thing. No one, no nation is ever completely safe and secure.

IF the US grants itself the pemission to Torture others.........then it goes without saying that Americans , if caught in other nations doing something questionable could be justifiably tortured too.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Because they could not make that appear like a "threat" , when the BIG lie of WMD was a language of threat that everyone understood. Fortunately many did not believe it from the beginning....... and unfortunately the US lost a lot of credibility and respect.

Tal. If folks are not brought to some kind of justice........the society will just deteriorate even further. You claim to live in the now and be a positive person............. does that mean you have forgotten and forgiven everything the Nazis did?? In their glory days. Or other atrocities committed by other nations/ leaders. ??

If being "positive" and moving forward means that folks like Cheney , Bush Blair , Rumsfeld get away with international crimes. the torture took place off US soil. Makes it an international crime. But you can be sure the legal teams considered that and found a way around it.

Do we want to live in a barbaric society where the law means nothing ......particularly on a selective basis where the privileged can get away with barbarism on the grounds of "national security".

Perhaps the key question in all this is : Just how far are folks prepared to go , what are they prepared to give up and what are they prepared to accept as the "new norm" ......on the grounds of "national security""".........when in reality there is no such thing. No one, no nation is ever completely safe and secure.

IF the US grants itself the pemission to Torture others.........then it goes without saying that Americans , if caught in other nations doing something questionable could be justifiably tortured too.

No, i'm not saying to forget any 'criminal acts' at all, that is for the courts and all the red tape that
goes along with it, but while any of that, or other illegalities that have happened are being addressed,
LIFE goes on, and everyone else, including present governments, all of us, the iraqi and afghan people MUST
move forward as the being bogged down, and living in the past does nothing for progress and moving forward.
It isn't all the same, the courts do their job, (hopefully), the new governments do their job, (hopefully),
and WE all look ahead, move ahead and work for a better world.
We won't forget, we will learn from the past, but we will not be stuck there, that isn't how the world
turns, or how people succeed.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
What do you wave, we all wave something, so what do you wave?

Speak for yourself. Not all of us are dumbed down flag wavers ..... That does not mean we don't respect the symbolic value of a national flag and other such symbols. We just don't go nutsky about them or with them.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Speak for yourself. Not all of us are dumbed down flag wavers ..... That does not mean we don't respect the symbolic value of a national flag and other such symbols. We just don't go nutsky about them or with them.

And, I hope and believe that the u.s. people have learned to 'stop' and pay attention as they move forward,
and not be blind to their government, so they don't look like sheep just following the leader into hell.
I felt sorry for them so many times, with their yellow ribbins, flags and support for their government
for everything that happened, WITHOUT ASKING QUESTIONS. They shouldn't do that again, and hopefully won't.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Speak for yourself.
Not all of us are dumbed down flag wavers .....
That does not mean we don't respect the symbolic value of a national flag and other such symbols.
We just don't go nutsky about them or with them.

Thank you Ocean Breeze. It has been quite awhile since I have had a good hearty belly laugh, but with each sentence the convulsions got a little harder.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Back in February 2003, millions of people chanted "No Blood for Oil!" on the streets of most major cities.
The February 15, 2003 anti-war protest was a coordinated day of protests across the world expressing opposition to the then-imminent Iraq War. It was part of a series of protests and political events that had begun in 2002 and continued as the war took place.

Sources vary in their estimations of the number of participants involved. According to BBC News, between six and ten million people took part in protests in up to sixty countries over the weekend of the 15th and 16th; other estimates range from eight million to thirty million.
February 15, 2003 anti-war protest - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We knew at the time the US declared war that Cheney/Bush/Blair had blatantly lied, mislead and manipulated the masses. Some people who were bamboozled at the time figured out later they had been conned. But many other people still haven't figured it out.

BTW, I'm not criticizing anyone for being patriotic. I'm criticizing Cheney for using patriotism to manipulate people. Protesting against your government when its committing a war crime is patriotic.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Bush and Cheney were elected and re-elected by Americans. Americans are ultimately responsible for Bush/Cheney's actions. Protesting against your government when they are trying to start an unprovoked war crime is patriotic.

Let me know when Americans elect Al-Zawahiri as President. I'll come out and protest.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Bush and the republican government showed everyone how 'not' to govern, and left a terrible mess for
Obama.

And Obama and the Democrats are leaving an even bigger mess for the next Administration. A MUCH biger mess.

I don't think the american government will repeat those mistakes, and let the rest of the world see them
as too aggressive and with obama at the helm, much more diplomatic paths will be taken.

What has Obama done different? He's even got involved in yet ANOTHER war. Where was the diplomacy in Libya?

I'm just so tired of the constant muddling around in the past, because that is what it is now, the past,
lets look ahead, and leave the past where it belongs, and learn from those mistakes.

"Bush and the republican government showed everyone how 'not' to govern, and left a terrible mess for
Obama"

And look what you just posted.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
What has Obama done different? He's even got involved in yet ANOTHER war. Where was the diplomacy in Libya?

Ummmmmm....I thought Libya was a Canadian thing......not an american war...... you changing your tune now? Obama is responsible for Libya?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Ummmmmm....I thought Libya was a Canadian thing......not an american war...... you changing your tune now? Obama is responsible for Libya?

Not changing my tune at all Gerry... Canada led the way and we bombed away with you. True?

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
And Obama and the Democrats are leaving an even bigger mess for the next Administration. A MUCH biger mess.

"Bush and the republican government showed everyone how 'not' to govern, and left a terrible mess for
Obama"

And look what you just posted.

I posted my opinion. The mess obama was left with was close to impossible to clean up, nothing like the
simple domestic little chores bush was given from clinton, and if bush had of been left with the mess he
left obama, he wouldn't have known where to start, in fact he probably wouldn't have even run for president,
it all would have looked too difficult for him, he didn't want that kind of work, he wanted to give little
speeches, smile and look like the good ole boy, the guy everyone likes to have a beer with, work hard to
trick everyone into thinking he has some knowledge, wink, yeah, when in doubt, wink., then float back into
the civilian world looking like the most 'popular' president ever. Instead, 911 happened, so he had to
keep running to cheney for instructions, and we all know the rest, a bankrupt country.

There I go again, suggesting we all look ahead, don't get stuck in the past, and I did it, not listening
to my own advice, so, this is the last crack at bush from me, i'm moven forward.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Because they did not go into Iraq to depose a dictator. All the official reasons were pure BS. Just look to who is really benefiting financially from this war and you will see the real reasons.
Are you saying it was made for TV? I'd agree to that.

You can make up whatever the hell you want and it will be believed because it was on TV. Kinda like how Aqua Velva has been repackaged, the price tripled, sold to teens as Axe as something new and really cool?