RCMP attempt damage control in wake of B.C. video

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
It would be nice to see a little more concern for the victim and less for the perpetrator on this thread.

Nice to see how many people have rushed to conviction - Is it anger over other cases driving this early conviction rateby many posters or can they see all the facts - Because we do not have all the facts.

Yet many are upset when an innocent man is Jailed, then freed - So make up your mind - Do we wait for all the facts or do we just take him outside of town and shoot him.

Seems we can recall when the Police Fuk Up - Can we recall times where they have been murdered for doing their Jobs or died in the line of duty, accidents and other such things.

CBC News - Canada - In the line of duty: Deaths of RCMP officers

Canadian Police & Peace Officers Memorial - Honour Roll Search Results

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
It would be nice to see a little more concern for the victim and less for the perpetrator on this thread.

The thread isn't about the victim. The thread is about the lynch mob mentality. Go start a thread about the guy that got kicked if you like.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Nice to see how many people have rushed to conviction - Is it anger over other cases driving this early conviction rateby many posters or can they see all the facts - Because we do not have all the facts.

Yet many are upset when an innocent man is Jailed, then freed - So make up your mind - Do we wait for all the facts or do we just take him outside of town and shoot him.

Seems we can recall when the Police Fuk Up - Can we recall times where they have been murdered for doing their Jobs or died in the line of duty, accidents and other such things.

CBC News - Canada - In the line of duty: Deaths of RCMP officers

Canadian Police & Peace Officers Memorial - Honour Roll Search Results

You've hit the nail right on the head Goober, it's hot dogs like this cowboy that incite problems with the public that lead to innocent victims being killed like the four officers at Mayerthorp. I watched the video and listened to witnesses, the detectives watch the video and listened to witnesses and lo and behold they came to the same conclusion I did.

Let's look at this from another angle- If John Q. Public kicks the sh*t out of a cop, is he going to be allowed to continue with his job until due process takes place? No- he'll do months (maybe years) in the slammer awaiting trial. :smile:

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
You've hit the nail right on the head Goober, it's hot dogs like this cowboy that incite problems with the public that lead to innocent victims being killed like the four officers at Mayerthorp. I watched the video and listened to witnesses, the detectives watch the video and listened to witnesses and lo and behold they came to the same conclusion I did.

Let's look at this from another angle- If John Q. Public kicks the sh*t out of a cop, is he going to be allowed to continue with his job until due process takes place? No- he'll do months (maybe years) in the slammer awaiting trial. :smile:

And I bet you a dollar to a donut that he was being charged regardless of what was noted, what we see on video - The public was outraged - The situation required action - so he would be charged, regardless, seen it before and we will see it again - That is what the Public wanted - They believe him to be guilty - I prefer the facts -

Bring the Guilty Bastxd In - so we can Hang em, then head down to the local Saloon to celebrate that Justice in this Town is served along with Good Whiskey.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Why have him work? Throw him in jail and make him post his own bail like you and high
make it high enough to put his personal wealth on the line so he gets to know how it feels.
It is time to put an end to pussy footing, and the little privileged "procedures" racket
this organization has going He is no better or worse than anyone else and should be
subjected to the same spotlight as everyone else. Suspend him without pay, if he is not
guilty and that will be a stretch to get him out of this one, then pay his back stuff.
I know he would likely lose his house and so on, well that is what happens to other people
so why is he any different? It is becoming more and more obvious that the cops are going
to abandoned him in this, charges recommended and the officers know how angry the
citizens of Kelowna are. If in fact he were to walk I could see huge demonstrations and in
this case I would likely take part.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Nor is that person gulity of anything until they stand before a judge.
Correct -

But the man was not compliant with Police Officers Direction - Amazing how people cannot understand that compliant is

On the ground - fully - Not kneeling, not on your hands and knees -

Legs and arms spread

Hands open, Palms up

Just a few things he did not do.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
I watched the video and listened to witnesses, the detectives watch the video and listened to witnesses and lo and behold they came to the same conclusion I did.

Your point? Not every person that the cops think committed a crime is convicted. That's why they bother with (according to you) those silly little things called trials.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta

Wrong as usual JLM. Like this particular cop, the first stage is being charged. Anybody, including this cop can be charged with a criminal offense and everybody (this cop included) must appear before a judge to determine whether, and under what conditions) they can be released after their arrest. Anybody arrested (this cop included) can usually post bail and be released.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Correct - But the man was not compliant with Police Officers Direction - Amazing how people cannot understand that compliant is
He wan't? He didn't get out on the ground? Was the guy recently not injured in a car accident that left hime with injuries? Do you hop like a frog when you're injured Goobs or do you do things gingerly?

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
He wan't? He didn't get out on the ground? Was the guy recently not injured in a car accident that left hime with injuries? Do you hop like a frog when you're injured Goobs or do you do things gingerly?

With a gun as a motivating factor - I am sure -I would be on the ground faster that lickety split.

Do we know what verbal exchanges took place?

Are we sure his injuries prevented him from getting on the ground face down

How does he sleep - like a horse, standing up??????

When he was on TV he appeared to walk quite well.

But then again I was watching video so I would not know all the facts.

Yet others who watch video apparently have all the facts.

Damm it is some hard being stupid like I am.

No wonder I am on my 2nd wife

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Wrong as usual JLM. Like this particular cop, the first stage is being charged. Anybody, including this cop can be charged with a criminal offense and everybody (this cop included) must appear before a judge to determine whether, and under what conditions) they can be released after their arrest. Anybody arrested (this cop included) can usually post bail and be released.

Instead of arguing about something you obviously know very little about, why don't you check out various news sources from B.C. particularly Kelowna and the Okanagan, check the comments on facebook for Geoff Mantler or listen to posters on this forum who live in the area and know first hand what transpired instead of broadcasting your ignorance to the whole wide world?

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Instead of arguing about something you obviously know very little about, why don't you check out various news sources from B.C. particularly Kelowna and the Okanagan, check the comments on facebook for Geoff Mantler or listen to posters on this forum who live in the area and know first hand what transpired instead of broadcasting your ignorance to the whole wide world?
Witnesses have been shown in study after study after study to be unreliable - How many saw the events - have the filed affidavits as such - Have they lodged a criminal complaint - they are allowed to file this under Canadian Law.

Quoting facebook is quite a reach for evidence, is it not????

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Witnesses have been shown in study after study after study to be unreliable - How many saw the events - have the filed affidavits as such - Have they lodged a criminal complaint - they are allowed to file this under Canadian Law.

Quoting facebook is quite a reach for evidence, is it not????

Quite often that's the case, but in this case we have literally hundreds of witnesses saying the same thing and verifying what's on the camera. I think it would take a lot of arrogance to say they are ALL wrong. :smile:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
But then again I was watching video so I would not know all the facts.
Read the article posted with the video about him having a head injury from a recent accident. I don't know about where you live or where guy was beaten but the amount of info that comes up about a suspect on the in car screen would most definetly list, the reason for the complaint, a picture of the suspect, descrition of vehicle and any weapon registrations he has as well as his complete driving history including tickets and accidents.

Even if there as a verbal exchange the cop is still guilty of assault. They fall under the same criminal code we do. There are no special laws for cops.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Read the article posted with the video about him having a head injury from a recent accident. I don't know about where you live or where guy was beaten but the amount of info that comes up about a suspect on the in car screen would most definetly list, the reason for the complaint, a picture of the suspect, descrition of vehicle and any weapon registrations he has as well as his complete driving history including tickets and accidents.

Even if there as a verbal exchange the cop is still guilty of assault. They fall under the same criminal code we do. There are no special laws for cops.

The scary part of this (for me) is if I had happened to be the victim instead of Buddy I'd have very likely been shot. If I was driving along in my vehicle in clean clothes, minding my own business and obeying all laws and some Bozo orders me out of the vehicle and down on the ground, it would probably take quite awhile like two or three minutes and a few exchanges. These guys are employed to protect us and apprehend criminals, not harrass law abiding citizens who are minding their own business. He's our "servant" not the other way around.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The scary part of this (for me) is if I had happened to be the victim instead of Buddy I'd have very likely been shot. If I was driving along in my vehicle in clean clothes, minding my own business and obeying all laws and some Bozo orders me out of the vehicle and down on the ground, it would probably take quite awhile like two or three minutes and a few exchanges. These guys are employed to protect us and apprehend criminals, not harrass law abiding citizens who are minding their own business. He's our "servant" not the other way around.
I guess only Goobs can react like Spiderman at his age.

How the times have changed. Some clever social engineers and political linguists went and convinced people that they are "law enforcement officers" and not peace officers anymore.

Nothing peaceful about kicking teeth in on someone you have pinned down with an automatic. If the cop had the time to decide to and act out kicking him he had the time to react to a threat if there really was one.