petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
That's not firing, that's a lay off. You might be the only person that they could fool with that one. I seriously can't think of any place that has no work for police officers.

I would hope there is no more work for that calibre of police officer.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
I would hope there is no more work for that calibre of police officer.

Why do you keep changing your story. Yesterday you wanted him to sit in the office and do paperwork. Now you hope there's no work. Dammit, be consistent man.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
It all starts over a beer at the Crown and Hand..."Hey if you want to be able to ace the physical reqs of Depot try this....". "Yeah I know you have to inject it but you'll gain 10lb of muscle in a week." "We all do it it, don't worry".

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
"I want to ensure the public that senior members of the RCMP hear loud and clear what the general public's views are in relation to the video that has been shown across the country and is readily accessible on the internet," McKinnon said, reading from a prepared statement.

Somebody doesn't understand the english language. I'm guessing CBC. Perhpas the word he used was 'assure', not 'ensure'?

Johnny Utah

Council Member
Mar 11, 2006
Ahhh...its on film.......the guy was on his hands and knees, no threat to anyone.......and, it turns out, there is VERY good reason to believe the charges against him are simply trumped-up as the RCMP play CYA..........

I suggest you watch the film and read the articles on the guy that got kicked.....
I did watch the film and until I hear the accused officer's side I will reserve judgment rather than jumping on the bandwagon.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I did watch the film and until I hear the accused officer's side I will reserve judgment rather than jumping on the bandwagon.
Why do you have to wait? If he decided to kick his teeth in in miliseconds then the excuse shouldn't take any longer to produce either should it?

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Ahhh...its on film.......the guy was on his hands and knees, no threat to anyone.......and, it turns out, there is VERY good reason to believe the charges against him are simply trumped-up as the RCMP play CYA..........

I suggest you watch the film and read the articles on the guy that got kicked.....

He was on his hands and knees - Officers were responding to a man firing a weapon - He was a threat until proven otherwise and until he was fully compliant and made safe -

He was not - Hand & kneees can still draw a weapon you know that as well as i - Police are responding to a man with a weapon -Gun- Normal course of action would be to tell him on the ground arms /legs spread - if no compliance - kick his arms so the he fall face down - Partly compliant - legs spread - Same thing kick his legs so they are far apart. If required - further force casuing pain/ possible injury would be next -

1st on the ground is

2nd arms & legs spread

3rd complete body search/patdown and it can be a tad rough -

4th - Cuffed and in the car

5th - In a Jail cell after being completely searched.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
His hands were empty and they obviously knew prior he had a shot gun. Did you see a shotgun? Where would he be concealing his shot gun on the clothing he had? Tucked up his nasal cavity?

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
His hands were empty and they obviously knew prior he had a shot gun. Did you see a shotgun? Where would he be concealing his shot gun on the clothing he had?
Then you have the Superman sense of seeing thru objects

Where does it state they knew who he was

Where does it state that a person with a weapon that is reported to be shooting it off only has one

He would be told to get on the ground, hands and legs spread wide and he was facing officers who had guns drawn.

Now i am fairly crippled up but let me tell you - I would be doing a face plant on the freaking asphalt, legs open wide, arms stretched out.

Only a moron would not. Or a person the could pose a threat - Tell me which he was.

If he was a moron - police cannot tell

If he was a threat - oh yes he would be considered as and treated as a threat until he was proven otherwise - If they did not then the Police would be morons.

I know how to take a man down, make him safe - And if kicking him in the arms is what it needs, or a misjudged call and kicked to the head - guess what gets done.

Tensions are high -
Lastly - I watched this fellow on TV the other night - he was walking quite fine, mobile and fast, smiling, so he was not suffering any pain from walking - so what physical impairment did he have that prevented him from down, legs and arms spread?

I realize he had a brain injury -

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I see,..... so the proper response to someone not getting down on their belly as fast as you would like is to kick them in the face......got it.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
I see,..... so the proper response to someone not getting down on their belly as fast as you would like is to kick them in the face......got it.

No as usual you got SFA
Read what I posted

The man was not down, arms & legs spread as ordered - Not Compliant -
The Officer makes a kick - Does he take his eyes of the man to ensure he kicks him in the arm or does he keeps both of his eyes on the man and both hands.
Only a fool would take his eyes off the hands to ensure that the kick was placed according to your dumb standard - That is how Officers get killed - Forgetting what the real danger is - The man on the ground and not compliant.
Now when the Officer kicked, waht is angle of difference between where he was standing and the mans arms or face, not much difference in the angle is there

Now if you can understand that, then you got it.

Below is my post - Read it again

I know how to take a man down, make him safe - And if kicking him in the arms is what it needs, or a misjudged call and kicked to the head - guess what gets done.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Well he is to have alleged to kick someone in the face because there is no formal charge,
so because the legal authorities won't do their duty and charge him we are expected to pay
him while he is off the job. Great, I see the incentive here for the police to protect themselves
by not charging any of them so they can wait for the process.
Today I was at a Legion meeting so I didn't hear, that the Police in the Lower Mainland who
have been doing an investigation are recommending that assault charges against the cop in
question. What does that say and all the window dressing of the about violence at today's
demonstration, come on they were trying to get the timid folks to stay away to keep the over
all numbers down.
So now that the recommendation is made, when will the police do their duty and introduce
this alleged violent cop to a jail cell where he allegedly belongs?

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Well he is to have alleged to kick someone in the face because there is no formal charge,
so because the legal authorities won't do their duty and charge him we are expected to pay
him while he is off the job. Great, I see the incentive here for the police to protect themselves
by not charging any of them so they can wait for the process.
Today I was at a Legion meeting so I didn't hear, that the Police in the Lower Mainland who
have been doing an investigation are recommending that assault charges against the cop in
question. What does that say and all the window dressing of the about violence at today's
demonstration, come on they were trying to get the timid folks to stay away to keep the over
all numbers down.
So now that the recommendation is made, when will the police do their duty and introduce
this alleged violent cop to a jail cell where he allegedly belongs?

DG
If we thru every Cop in jail that screw up - Disciplined by some Police Forces is indeed a joke - and yes some convicted under the Criminal Code as well. How many would we have?

Not all should be in jail. And this one does not rate jail or losing his job if convicted.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

I have a good idea how I'd feel if some bozo shows up out of the blue barking orders without an explanation. The cops had all kinds of opportunties to check this guy out before they even apprehended him. Run the plate number for one, check if the vehicle was reported stolen, check the criminal back ground of the owner. No cop with any I.Q. above 10 who suspects a guy is on the virge or committing murder and mayhem is going to pull him over without back up. Not only is that cop guilty he's stupid.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
I have a good idea how I'd feel if some bozo shows up out of the blue barking orders without an explanation. The cops had all kinds of opportunties to check this guy out before they even apprehended him. Run the plate number for one, check if the vehicle was reported stolen, check the criminal back ground of the owner. No cop with any I.Q. above 10 who suspects a guy is on the virge or committing murder and mayhem is going to pull him over without back up. Not only is that cop guilty he's stupid.

And meanwhile he is running around with at least one gun - How about if it turned out to be a wacko and God knows we have enough and kills someone.

Then the Police would be hammered to death - you know it, i know it and the Police involved in this lolly-gagging would face severe discipline.

You do not respond to a man firing off a weapon like a stroll in the park