Quit picking on the Shiny Pony

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Re: More shiny ponyness

Don't count on any change - ever.

Doesn't matter who, or what party is in power. No one will vote to claw-back their entitlements... They want the lifestyle and seeing how someone else is picking up the tab, they'll spend like sailors in port

Well they always have someone coming to their defense, don't they? I have nothing but respect for the voter who will support a party or candidate but be critical of them, as it's needed. I have nothing but derision for those who cannot be bothered to hold to account those who they support.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005

..."I’m not sure what’s more outrageous: that these organizations shelled out very big bucks to have an MP address them – and if I were involved in any of them I’d want heads to roll – or that this MP didn’t have the good sense or ethical sensibility to decline."

..."As well, his speaking gigs were, to my surprise, approved by the Parliamentary Ethics Commissioner, Mary Dawson. Still, it left the decision to his own judgment, which is precisely the issue here."

Another bash trudeau thread. Trudeau agreed to speak for an agreed on price and a year later they want the money back......crap!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

That would be a good thing. However, the danger comes from the partisan worshippers who will never acknowledge that what "their guy" has done is in any way connected to the "other guy". And they exist on both sides of the spectrum, as we well know. The danger is that they obscure the real problems that exist within the structure of our political institutions because they just wear the rest of us out with their b.s. And thus the cycle continues.

You hit the nail on the head, they are ALL tarred with the same brush!

Just like Sal pointed-out... We get the gvt that we deserve

When the day comes we don't believe the bastards, that bullsh*t will cease and desist!

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

Well ya figured wrong.

Justin Trudeau says he’d welcome back Senator Mac Harb | World | News | National Post

OTTAWA — Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau vowed to welcome embattled Sen. Mac Harb back into the party once his spending woes are resolved, and described his indiscretions as being quite different from those of fellow senators Mike Duffy and Pamela Wallin.

In an interview with Global TV’s The West Block on Sunday, Trudeau said he would “absolutely” welcome Harb back once he “balances” his books, and went on to note that he and former Conservative Patrick Brazeau’s misspending was “more of an honest mistake or a misunderstanding of the rules.”

That said, if the RCMP now investigating the spending scandal finds a bigger problem, Trudeau said there could be “stiffer consequences.”

I am dead on. Look for comments after this. Not just what the cons want you to see. That would be too much like work though, to actually do some digging on your own.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

and then he amended that statement, but why mention that? It doesn't fit in with the haters, the ideologues, or the mentally impaired views.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

and then he amended that statement, but why mention that? It doesn't fit in with the haters, the ideologues, or the mentally impaired views.
Is this what you are referring to?

Trudeau defends Sen. Mac Harb in Senate spending scandal | Globalnews.ca

The Senate has asked the RCMP to launch an investigation into the spending scandal. Depending on their findings, Trudeau could change his tune on Harb.

“If the RCMP, which is now looking into the issue, decides it’s a problem, then of course there will be stiffer consequences,” he said, describing Harb’s situation, as opposed to that of Duffy or Wallin, as “an honest mistake or a misunderstanding of the rules.”

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

Is this what you are referring to?

Trudeau defends Sen. Mac Harb in Senate spending scandal | Globalnews.ca

The Senate has asked the RCMP to launch an investigation into the spending scandal. Depending on their findings, Trudeau could change his tune on Harb.

“If the RCMP, which is now looking into the issue, decides it’s a problem, then of course there will be stiffer consequences,” he said, describing Harb’s situation, as opposed to that of Duffy or Wallin, as “an honest mistake or a misunderstanding of the rules.”

He stated that if Harb did anything illegal he would not be rejoining the caucus. He has now stepped away from Harb. Also note the changes he has proposed when it comes to MP expenses.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

He stated that if Harb did anything illegal he would not be rejoining the caucus. He has now stepped away from Harb. Also note the changes he has proposed when it comes to MP expenses.

I included that in my first link. Last para of the NP portions posted.
Note the qualifier. Could.
Justin Trudeau says he’d welcome back Senator Mac Harb | World | News | National Post

That said, if the RCMP now investigating the spending scandal finds a bigger problem, Trudeau said there could be “stiffer consequences.”