Quit picking on the Shiny Pony

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Re: More shiny ponyness

Nope- Not a Con- have not voted Con for the last 2 elections. I voted for Iggy in the last one. Lizzie in the one before that.

Didn't say you were a con. just a sucker that buys their bs.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

Nope- Wrong again.

not from where I am sitting. You are still spouting the con line that he will let the lib senator back in regardless...as long as money is paid back. Thats wrong. You're buying the con line.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

not from where I am sitting. You are still spouting the con line that he will let the lib senator back in regardless...as long as money is paid back. Thats wrong. You're buying the con line.

Trudeau's words if I recall correctly. Am I in error?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

Trudeau's words if I recall correctly. Am I in error?

Already said you were. Try doing something different and doing some research instead of having others do it for you.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

Already said you were. Try doing something different and doing some research instead of having others do it for you.

Nope- Show me where I am wrong. Links.
Off to bed chat with you in the morning.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc

He's so handsome and he will ensure properly staged photo ops at all locations.
Women vote and they will vote for him. Tories and NDP have a problem if the
image promotion works and it likely will. Trudeau and the revival of the machine
could well roll over the opposition to his Party. Never take things for granted in
Canada

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Anyhow boys, these political threads are no reason to be squabbling, if young Justin isn't already corrupt he will be once given the chance. The political parties are all tarred with the same brush and the members are thieves and liars and definitely not worth making enemies over.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007

If he get in and he has no experience it's the fault of the other parties. If they were clean and doing an amazing job it would be a landslide. As it is, meh, at this point the kid looks better than what we've had recently.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister

MP's should not be profiting from speaking engagements as an elected member of Parliament.

The Ethics Commissioner ruling is based upon present rules and precedents. Just because he was cleared by the Commissioner does not make it right. That is my opinion.
And this will not sell well with the Canadian Public.

The optics on this are terrible for Trudeau. He can easily turn this into a positive thing by feigning care and sympathy to the Senior population simply by returning the cash.

We'll have to wait and see if he's got the smarts to do it

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

ya. thats what I figured.

Well ya figured wrong.

Justin Trudeau says he’d welcome back Senator Mac Harb | World | News | National Post

OTTAWA — Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau vowed to welcome embattled Sen. Mac Harb back into the party once his spending woes are resolved, and described his indiscretions as being quite different from those of fellow senators Mike Duffy and Pamela Wallin.

In an interview with Global TV’s The West Block on Sunday, Trudeau said he would “absolutely” welcome Harb back once he “balances” his books, and went on to note that he and former Conservative Patrick Brazeau’s misspending was “more of an honest mistake or a misunderstanding of the rules.”

That said, if the RCMP now investigating the spending scandal finds a bigger problem, Trudeau said there could be “stiffer consequences.”

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007

“stiffer consequences.” ?

there could be ? 8O

there had frigging better be stiffer consequences

isn't it time for a poll boys, ya know, to hear how the Canadian people (your bosses) feel about your small indiscretions and misinterpretations and misunderstandings...because boys if you can't understand little personal spending rules how are you geniuses supposed to balance the budget and get us out of the hell hole you have created?

how come no leader is coming out and saying we are going to fix this?

every time one of them opens their mouth, I get angrier

I hope their drones scour these sites....here read this...clean up or get out...you are all fired

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009

there could be ? 8O

isn't it time for a poll boys, ya know, to hear how the Canadian people (your bosses) feel about your small indiscretions and misinterpretations and misunderstandings...because boys if you can't understand little personal spending rules how are you geniuses supposed to balance the budget and get us out of the hell hole you have created?

I hope their drones scour these sites....here read this...clean up or get out...you are all fired

This what is surprising about the whole Duffy thing... In all likelihood, all of the parties have the same skeletons in the closet and by shining light on one, you open the door to all.

They are all pork-barrelling a-holes, but this whole Duffy thingy will come back to kick everyone in the a$$... Maybe it is a good thing after all

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

there could be ? 8O

You hit the nail right on the head, Sal. Once people get promoted to elevated positions, their sense of the value of money just flies out the window of course influenced by their distorted sense of self worth. I remember years ago Jeanne Sauve, the first woman Govenor General, spent OUR money on herself and her entourages to the point of being obscene. Of course she was arrogant to the nth degree!

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007

This what is surprising about the whole Duffy thing... In all likelihood, all of the parties have the same skeletons in the closet and by shining light on one, you open the door to all.

They are all pork-barrelling a-holes, but this whole Duffy thingy will come back to kick everyone in the a$$... Maybe it is a good thing after all
it will only be a good thing if it produces change and these wankers have not yet clued into the fact that we the public are unemployed (in some regions) and ticked off with them in general. They are going about like this is some kind of okey dokey game, driving through stop signs, getting chased and disregarding RCMP, partying on, like we will forget. That's why I personally am angry, I am afraid partisanship will give the public amnesia...and that's what they think too or they wouldn't be skipping around covering each other's butts whilst still "appearing" to fight. They would be cleaning up, not rug and broom hunting for the big sweep.

You hit the nail right on the head, Sal. Once people get promoted to elevated positions, their sense of the value of money just flies out the window of course influenced by their distorted sense of self worth. I remember years ago Jeanne Sauve, the first woman Govenor General, spent OUR money on herself and her entourages to the point of being obscene. Of course she was arrogant to the nth degree!
It's a game...I remember the day Bush came forward to tell them just what a disaster they were in to the south of us...his happy cheery stupid face was gray like he just finally got it because he likely had just "gotten it". When are these bozos going to get it? When it's like Greece?

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

That would be a good thing. However, the danger comes from the partisan worshippers who will never acknowledge that what "their guy" has done is in any way connected to the "other guy". And they exist on both sides of the spectrum, as we well know. The danger is that they obscure the real problems that exist within the structure of our political institutions because they just wear the rest of us out with their b.s. And thus the cycle continues.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007

That would be a good thing. However, the danger comes from the partisan worshippers who will never acknowledge that what "their guy" has done is in any way connected to the "other guy". And they exist on both sides of the spectrum, as we well know. The danger is that they obscure the real problems that exist within the structure of our political institutions because they just wear the rest of us out with their b.s. And thus the cycle continues.
yup, we just posted the same thing...

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009

it will only be a good thing if it produces change and these wankers have not yet clued into the fact that we the public are unemployed (in some regions) and ticked off with them in general. They are going about like this is some kind of okey dokey game, driving through stop signs, getting chased and disregarding RCMP, partying on, like we will forget. That's why I personally am angry, I am afraid partisanship will give the public amnesia...and that's what they think too or they wouldn't be skipping around covering each other's butts whilst still "appearing" to fight. They would be cleaning up, not rug and broom hunting for the big sweep.

Don't count on any change - ever.

Doesn't matter who, or what party is in power. No one will vote to claw-back their entitlements... They want the lifestyle and seeing how someone else is picking up the tab, they'll spend like sailors in port

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007

Don't count on any change - ever.

Doesn't matter who, or what party is in power. No one will vote to claw-back their entitlements... They want the lifestyle and seeing how someone else is picking up the tab, they'll spend like sailors in port
that just makes me want to cry because I fear it is the truth....like Ibsen said..".the people get the government they deserve" :(