Police Brutality

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
If pepper spray can make a grizzly cry like a baby, it is going to be a lot harder on a feeble human.
Cliff I'm not saying it's a good thing. I just saying that if I had my druthers - I'd choose it over a number of other things.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Thanks Petros. Nice to be back. I'll have to research that. I've never heard of pepper spray killing anyone - perhaps an allergy to the ingredients. From as much as I've read (so far) it seems it can be a contributing factor but it doesn't seem to be a factor on it's own. Lots of things kill - even a baseball bat. I guess I would just rather take my chances with the spray if I had to make a choice. When authority respects and there is respect for authority, there is no need for any violence.
It happened here with the city police. They no-longer use it because of the death.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
no police officer worth their salt uses pepper spray for anything less than trying to subdue someone acting illegally. Peaceful protestors should never be pepper sprayed no matter how innocuous the uninformed think it is.
I would say acting irrationally more than acting illegally. Not everyone performing an illegal act goes ballistic when they get caught.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
It's a Minnesota thing I believe, might be a delicacy, they are kinda strange up that way...

Tea Baggers... the name given to the Tea Party by the US Liberal homophobes. They think it is ok to use that a name that describes an act that is a sexual attack...because they're liberals.

It happened here with the city police. They no-longer use it because of the death.

But I've also seen dude whip the azz of a cop even after being pepper sprayed.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
But I've also seen dude whip the azz of a cop even after being pepper sprayed.
It took 8 Cops, and half a dozen of those big ass ECONO pepper spray bottles. You know the ones that look like fire extinguishers?

To take down my buddy Steph, an ex Canadian Army Tank jockey.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
It took 8 Cops, and half a dozen of those big ass ECONO pepper spray bottles. You know the ones that look like fire extinguishers?

To take down my buddy Steph, an ex Canadian Army Tank jockey.

One need only to go to youtube to see some guys battle after getting hit with pepper spray. Some guys do go down and scream but some men overcome it.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
One need only to go to youtube to see some guys battle after getting hit with pepper spray. Some guys do go down and scream but some men overcome it.
Yep.

When I went to visit Steph before his bail hearing, he was BRIGHT red, all over, lol. He was more pissed that his white Tragically Hip T shirt got ruined.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Tea Baggers... the name given to the Tea Party by the US Liberal homophobes. They think it is ok to use that a name that describes an act that is a sexual attack...because they're liberals.

Yeah I know, but it was fun toying with Gopher who somehow doesn't get the Tea Party has no influence on Police Brutality.

Being backed up by Durka was an added bonus. The man is a pro.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I wonder what they were on. Pepper spray would just agitate a whacked out meth head.
Steph liked beer. Hard drugs were for idiots as far as he was concerned.

And ideas why he thought it was like getting smeared with vicks vapour rub, and left outside in January?

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
I wonder what they were on. Pepper spray would just agitate a whacked out meth head.

Soldiers are subjected to CS gas, which in itself is a horrible irritant. I went through an entire gassing with out a mask and granted, every crevice and sweaty spot on my body felt like it was still swimming in bleach, but I still managed to assault a trench.

Pepper spray would hardly faze me if I was drinking, heck I'd probably still be hitting up a dolly for action after getting pepper sprayed.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Soldiers are subjected to CS gas, which in itself is a horrible irritant. I went through an entire gassing with out a mask and granted, every crevice and sweaty spot on my body felt like it was still swimming in bleach, but I still managed to assault a trench.

Pepper spray would hardly faze me if I was drinking, heck I'd probably still be hitting up a dolly for action after getting pepper sprayed.
I'd ask for some on my wings.

How did you like the cactus throat?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I'd take a double dose of it over the firey ball sac.

No doubt.

I doubt there's much left to go around after gopher mows down on it anyways.