Police Brutality

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
JLM - I support proper protests too when they don't involve the taking over of public infrastructure without parade permits or putting the innocents trying to make a living at risk of injury or destroying private property. BUT and this is the part where things go gray, without the violence or destruction the news coverage is non-existant. I can't find a news story on-line that covered the First Nations Day of Action just two days ago in Regina. If I didn't know participants I would have never known it happened.

It tooks some hunting but I actually found a link to the news story. First Nation marchers in Regina call for action on treaty promises
We all know there is a major difference between a riot and a protest. Most protesters don't start out to make trouble and have a true belief in what they are doing. But again, some protesters are there just to be there and really don't care about the cause. The Clayoquot Sound Protests were mostly that - professional protesters who were there just to be there. There is nothing wrong with a well organized protest and it sounds like that is what you had in Regina. Good for the people who took part. Good for the people who organized it. You cannot begin to compare it to the horror that happened in Vancouver nor can people say the police did not do their job. Even with hundreds more police there, they could not have controlled that. People have tried to hang that on the police and now they are even trying to hang it on the Canucks. What about just blaming those who participated and - show me anyone who knows, amongst those thousands of people, who did and who did not participate if they were found anywhere near the area. It takes a little time to prove they were not. It also takes lots of time to prove charges.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
We all know there is a major difference between a riot and a protest. Most protesters don't start out to make trouble and have a true belief in what they are doing. But again, some protesters are there just to be there and really don't care about the cause. The Clayoquot Sound Protests were mostly that - professional protesters who were there just to be there. There is nothing wrong with a well organized protest and it sounds like that is what you had in Regina. Good for the people who took part. Good for the people who organized it. You cannot begin to compare it to the horror that happened in Vancouver nor can people say the police did not do their job. Even with hundreds more police there, they could not have controlled that. People have tried to hang that on the police and now they are even trying to hang it on the Canucks. What about just blaming those who participated and - show me anyone who knows, amongst those thousands of people, who did and who did not participate if they were found anywhere near the area. It takes a little time to prove they were not. It also takes lots of time to prove charges.
\
Clayoquot Protests and Stanley Cup riots............two entirely different things. One was a poorly thought out protest, that was done in an atmosphere of sobriety, the other wasn't thought out at all (the people involved didn't have the means to think) while drunk. What was done at Clayoquot was done without any consideration for the loggers and their families, but it was actually more of a criminal act than the Stanley Cup riot. Hammers and spikes were carried to the site which means a criminal act was premeditated as were the chains to chain themselves to private property. Some of them even threw human feces from trees at the loggers. Anyhow they all belong in jail.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Yep all the facts are in. Police are all scum and getting more violent and scummy everyday...

As you were.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Bunch of jack booted thugs who deserve a long stretch in jail for their crimes. Where are the Tea Baggers to protest these crimes against the Constitution???

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Bunch of jack booted thugs who deserve a long stretch in jail for their crimes. Where are the Tea Baggers to protest these crimes against the Constitution???

I was just wondering, Do you get any pain in your frontal lobe when you generate these posts?

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Did you watch the videos of that police brutality? How would you like it if they did that to you when you were peacefully exercising your constitutional rights? Do try to make some sense, will you?

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Did you watch the videos of that police brutality? How would you like it if they did that to you when you were peacefully exercising your constitutional rights? Do try to make some sense, will you?

Just so were clear. You want a guy who rests his ball sack on another guys face to fight for your constitutional rights.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
That's total idiocy. Here's what I'd like for you to do: go watch some videos on you tube, or go to the NY Daily News, and watch some actual videos of those attacks by the police thugs on those people. If you bothered to do so and if you gave a sh|t for the Constitution, which you obviously don't, you'd be outraged by this misconduct. Those protestors, like the Tea Baggers, have every right to speak their mind and the government needs to protect those rights. If the Constitution is not to be adhered to then the country is going to hell.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
That's total idiocy. Here's what I'd like for you to do: go watch some videos on you tube, or go to the NY Daily News, and watch some actual videos of those attacks by the police thugs on those people. If you bothered to do so and if you gave a sh|t for the Constitution, which you obviously don't, you'd be outraged by this misconduct. Those protestors, like the Tea Baggers, have every right to speak their mind and the government needs to protect those rights. If the Constitution is not to be adhered to then the country is going to hell.

What is it with you and the ball sack crap man? Look this is the 21st century. If you want a guy who rests his ball sack on another guys face to fight for your constitutional rights than have at her.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto

What's a constitution?

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
What's a constitution?
Yeah, you're right ~ what the hell do Canadians known about the US Constitution and its protections? So easy for them to talk s.h.i.t. about something they know nothing about. Just imagine if the cops attacked the Teahadists who made threats against the president - they would be the first ones to defend their fellow Tea Baggers.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Yeah, you're right ~ what the hell do Canadians known about the US Constitution and its protections? So easy for them to talk s.h.i.t. about something they know nothing about. Just imagine if the cops attacked the Teahadists who made threats against the president - they would be the first ones to defend their fellow Tea Baggers.

I don't know any tea baggers and I am completely perplexed how you would think that someone who lowers their ball sack onto someone elses face is going to have any political clout. So again I ask. Do you get pain in your frontal lobe when you formulate your posts?

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto

Facking Canadian's, go back to talking about hockey and maple syrup.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Actually, it was you right wingers who started with the accusations of balling in the face. Thanks for projecting your real inclinations.

I'm a right winger? LMAO.

Take a deep breath Gopher, it's hard to speak with a sac in your mouth.