Police Brutality

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Two different scenes, man. No need to provoke a riot at a sports event. Alcohol will do that. And that was not a protest. It was a riot.

Discrediting protestors the G8/G20 is just good politics for the ruling class. Besides, you show me the bunk in those videos. There is a lot more on Youtube and even more on Google.

Come on Cliffy... you can't really believe that the G8/G20 rioters are police because they wear black boots and clothes. Seriously?

When I lived in Montreal, the cops were always starting riots. One of the most notorious was the La Press strike around 1969.
And going back even farther, there was the attacks on unions in the 30s and 40s.

I am not familiar with the La Press strike but I imagine the police were trying to enforce the law and the strikers fought back? So technically the Police started the riot?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Discrediting protestors the G8/G20 is just good politics for the ruling class. Besides, you show me the bunk in those videos. There is a lot more on Youtube and even more on Google.

The so called Black bloc are all in uniform, many carry police issue clubs and wear police issue boots.
I have a Police issue telescopic baton, and tonfa stick. You can buy "cop" boots at Hercules on Yonge St. Beside the fact that one of those pair of boots that supposedly the same, were in fact Kodiak work boots. I have the same pair.

Not when there are ignorant right wingers on a forum who don't have enough character to admit they have been defeated in the debate.
That sounds just like you. I didn't know you were a riech winger.

Personal attacks are all they have left since their reasoning skills are so limited.
personal attacks are that's left to offer, because YOU have no reasoning skills.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Two different scenes, man. No need to provoke a riot at a sports event. Alcohol will do that. And that was not a protest. It was a riot.

Strange, when I watched the G20 riots in Toronto on the news, I distinctly remember watching Black Block (aka Agent Provocateurs) being enveloped by peaceful protesters as they changed back into civilian attire.

Would you attribute this to groups like Opseu and Cupe also acting as Agent Provocateurs?

Or doing you think the state controlled media doctored the video?

I am not familiar with the La Press strike but I imagine the police were trying to enforce the law and the strikers fought back? So technically the Police started the riot?

Cliffy may have a point about LaPress strike. I remember some quebec police being caught up in a scandal.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Strange, when I watched the G20 riots in Toronto on the news, I distinctly remember watching Black Block (aka Agent Provocateurs) being enveloped by peaceful protesters as they changed back into civilian attire.

Would you attribute this to groups like Opseu and Cupe also acting as Agent Provocateurs?

Or doing you think the state controlled media doctored the video?

Cliffy may have a point about LaPress strike. I remember some quebec police being caught up in a scandal.

Police do infiltrate demonstrations - Knowing who is planning shxt, where and when is only good strategy - As to inciting riots - i doubt it.
And yes the Police have been infiltrating major demos for decades.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Not when there are ignorant right wingers on a forum who don't have enough character to admit they have been defeated in the debate. Personal attacks are all they have left since their reasoning skills are so limited.
Gopher, there are never any clear winners in any debate. Sometimes, the "clearest" winner is the one who knows when the shoe is way too far in the mouth. Just a thought.

Police do infiltrate demonstrations - Knowing who is planning shxt, where and when is only good strategy - As to inciting riots - i doubt it.
And yes the Police have been infiltrating major demos for decades.
You are right Goober. They do, do that and with good reason. They get to quickly know who the leader is and IF necessary, they take down the leader. Take away the leader and things get peaceful again. Usually.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Not when there are ignorant right wingers on a forum who don't have enough character to admit they have been defeated in the debate. Personal attacks are all they have left since their reasoning skills are so limited.

Gopher- the incessant use of ridiculous terms like "right wingers" and "left wingers" are just inflammatory..................shades of S.J.P.! :lol:

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Gopher- the incessant use of ridiculous terms like "right wingers" and "left wingers" are just inflammatory..................shades of S.J.P.! :lol:

Nope - I preferred SJP over Mr Rodento.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Gopher, there are never any clear winners in any debate. Sometimes, the "clearest" winner is the one who knows when the shoe is way too far in the mouth. Just a thought.

I suppose that explains those who side step the issue in this thread and start talking about sac sucking.

the incessant use of ridiculous terms like "right wingers" and "left wingers" are just inflammatory..................shades of S.J.P.!

I suppose you think that references to sac sucking as opposed to discussing issues is not inflammatory. Am I correct?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
gopher; I suppose you think that references to sac sucking as opposed to discussing issues is not inflammatory. Am I correct?[/QUOTE said:
I never could see where that sh*t added anything to a debate- just crude, but I suppose a weak attempt at humour.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
So calling someone left or right (and note how I have been REPEATEDLY called left even though I oppose the income tax) is inflammatory. But saying someone or their mother sucks sacs is only humor.

Explain that one, will ya?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
So calling someone left or right (and note how I have been REPEATEDLY called left even though I oppose the income tax) is inflammatory. But saying someone or their mother sucks sacs is only humor.

Explain that one, will ya?

Simple- the vast majority of people aren't political animals, most just vote on election day for the person who thinks will do the least harm. We don't spend our lives studying party platforms............there is much more important and interesting things to think about than politics so to attack a person in this way because of his stance on a single issue is just stupid.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
to attack a person in this way because of his stance on a single issue is just stupid

Let's see if I read you clearly - you are saying it is ''stupid'' to attack me in this manner because of my stance on the issue. Is that correct?

Omicron

Privy Council
Jul 28, 2010
Vancouver
How come police brutality seems to be getting worse? Why do most investigations by the police into police brutality end up being a white wash? And why is there no outrage by the general public when obviously many of those sworn to serve and protect are doing just the opposite?

Because they are showing you with their demonstration of force what works to control themselves.

If you listen to people, the tend to tell you what they think/want.

Harper is following perfectly in Diefenbaker's path. Everything will be cool until you upset the forces working to drive you down into a lesser class, like how Diefenbaker destroyed the best jet the world had ever seen, and now Harper for being a brat dumb-founded yet self pleased about his achievement is going to do what the crown warned about should that level of power be transferred to the wrong dick.

Harper's trick is to keep everything secret. The days of institutions trying rationalizing themselves with statements like: "Trickle-down effect" and, I create jobs for you with industry until I find a robot, are so not working anymore since American documentary creators stepped up to NFB standards (which you will have noticed has been silenced).

Every trick, every power they use against you will be based upon a currency that does not exist since Churchill and Nixon took people off the gold standard, and which cost more to pay off the mortgage lenders at the beginning of the last recension than it would have cost to simply pay off everyone's mortgages if you want to spent that many trillion dollars. Read the old testament about what Josheph did in Egypt, and pick it up from there

Last edited:

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
I suppose that explains those who side step the issue in this thread and start talking about sac sucking.

I suppose you think that references to sac sucking as opposed to discussing issues is not inflammatory. Am I correct?

I suppose if you didn't act like a complete moron and try to equate Police Brutality to the right Wing and by extension the Tea Party while calling them Tea Baggers and then telling people they are supporters of the tea party when they are in fact not you might not get treated like an imbecile.

Go ahead and report this if you like.

Three, no four times, I tried to point you back to my earlier posts where I outlined my position on police brutality quite clearly, but checking that out would have distracted you from your obsession with tea bagging and making comments that are homophobic.

For the record Gopher. I don't support Police Brutality. I am not an American, so why you would think I support the tea party is beyond me and lastly, you are an imbecile.

As I said be sure to report this post for calling you out for what you are moron.

Then you can live in the fairy tale world where you think no one knows.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
I suppose if you didn't act like a complete moron and try to equate Police Brutality to the right Wing and by extension the Tea Party while calling them Tea Baggers and then telling people they are supporters of the tea party when they are in fact not you might not get treated like an imbecile.

Go ahead and report this if you like.

Three, no four times, I tried to point you back to my earlier posts where I outlined my position on police brutality quite clearly, but checking that out would have distracted you from your obsession with tea bagging and making comments that are homophobic.

For the record Gopher. I don't support Police Brutality. I am not an American, so why you would think I support the tea party is beyond me and lastly, you are an imbecile.

As I said be sure to report this post for calling you out for what you are moron.

Then you can live in the fairy tale world where you think no one knows.

Don't worry - I won't report you because it only proves how fūcked up you are by your stupidity. Had you actually read my posts you would know (as I have have proven by a link) that Tea Baggers is the term they use for themselves. The link was from a conservative source so it should be held reliable by an idiot like you.

Further, all I did was to ask what do they think about these brutal actions by the police. I did not criticize them nor anyone else on this forum. All I did was to ask how they felt. Nothing more.

The fact that idiots like you and the others on this forum go on to side step the issue and accuse others of sac sucking shows your stupidity. You have no valid argument and you resort to this type of stupidity to act tough and to avoid all discussions which could possibly offer solutions. So again, don't worry I won't report you. Go ahead and make an a.s.s. of yourself. It will only prove what I've been saying all along.

And thanks for admitting that it was you who started with the name calling.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Don't worry - I won't report you because it only proves how fūcked up you are by your stupidity. Had you actually read my posts you would know (as I have have proven by a link) that Tea Baggers is the term they use for themselves. The link was from a conservative source so it should be held reliable by an idiot like you.

Further, all I did was to ask what do they think about these brutal actions by the police. I did not criticize them nor anyone else on this forum. All I did was to ask how they felt. Nothing more.

The fact that idiots like you and the others on this forum go on to side step the issue and accuse others of sac sucking shows your stupidity. You have no valid argument and you resort to this type of stupidity to act tough and to avoid all discussions which could possibly offer solutions. So again, don't worry I won't report you. Go ahead and make an a.s.s. of yourself. It will only prove what I've been saying all along.

And thanks for admitting that it was you who started with the name calling.

Act tough?

Do I have to draw my position out in crayon for you?

The Tea Party has sweet bugger all to do with Police Brutality. Your partisanship along with your hypersensitivity about a certain religion seem to be the baggage you drag from thread to thread. It must be tiring.

Take a load off.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Take a load off.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Take a load off.

What a laughably stupid answer that is! People are exercising their Constitutional rights which are being suppressed by the police. Government suppression of rights is something Tea Party members have condemned - up to now. So, idiot, my question is why are they silent now? Was that too difficult for you to understand?

Now, that is laughable.

No i did not mix the order up

As for the mindless idea that police are always wrong, what makes you believe that peaceful protestors are always wrong? Today they were joined by thousands of unionized workers and the movement is growing. They sure as hell must be doing something right.