Please tell me this is a cruel joke

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
Accept for keeping her balanced on Canada's view of guns and her love of the NRA, she might be okay.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Accept for keeping her balanced on Canada's view of guns and her love of the NRA, she might be okay.

Make sure that they take all of her guns away from her at the border, then explain to her why we do that. If she tries to push her firearms agenda even once in this country, pull her credentials and send her home, immediately. Ambassadors are not lobbiests nor are they "missionaries".

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
It looks like your visuals are better than your political reasoning.

On the contrary. Palin generally stuck to fiscally conservative issues as mayor and governor. Like Trump, she tried hard to sell herself as a social conservative. Not surprisingly,her popularity nose dived in Alaska because of it. She went from a 90% approval rating in her own state to mid 50's. Had she stuck to fiscal conservative ideas instead of embracing the failed social conservative agenda, Obama would just be a foot note in the history books. I was a booster for McCain/Palin because I knew the social conservative schtick was just a sales job for folks like you. Trump's done the exact same thing. Like Palin, you bought it hook, line and sinker. The big difference is Sarah is a fiscal conservative in real life and Don's a good old New York City liberal

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
She would be a good pick,,,,,plus she could help facilitate making Canada the 51st State,,eh

Before or after Puerto Rico or all the islands in the S Pacific?
Make sure that they take all of her guns away from her at the border, then explain to her why we do that. If she tries to push her firearms agenda even once in this country, pull her credentials and send her home, immediately. Ambassadors are not lobbiests nor are they "missionaries".

Her guns are legal here too.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
I think it all makes sense and Ms.Palin is a perfect fit
Welcome

My gun toting BFF endured me to like MS.Palins ways,gun toting,beer drinking and beautiful she is,I now like Ms.Palin
I think it would be great forCanadian tourism to share revenue,if she becomes our embassedor ,LOL
There must be a pipeline involved
Love Ms.Palin

How did intelligent get into the equation

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
You mean like watching Cons' heads explode every time Justin opens his mouth?

trudOWE opening his mouth embarrasses all Canadians. Some are just not bright enough to realize it.

Having a US ambassador that is on our side would be good for Canadians.
Are you scared of a woman that can kill,clean, and cook a Moose all by herself?

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
trudOWE opening his mouth embarrasses all Canadians. Some are just not bright enough to realize it.

Having a US ambassador that is on our side would be good for Canadians.
Are you scared of a woman that can kill,clean, and cook a Moose all by herself?

..and squeeze out eight puppies before thirty?

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
You can chillax dude. The political wing of the NRA has already been operating and lobbying here for at least 25-30 years now. One more person will hardly make a difference, Ambassador or not.

Besides, she'll fit right in. She's at least as eminently qualified for the position as about half of Trudeau's cabinet is for theirs, not to mention Trudeau himself. Not sure how he's qualified to be a PM other than his last name.
They're both geographical retards, she thought she could see Russia from her house and Trudeau had no clue what the Baltics were.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
First of all, why do people buy into the media-created illusion that Palin is a complete dunce? Do they really think she is a stupid as the MSM portrays her?

I don't. And my view is supported by the continual scorn tossed at her over a comment that was actually made by a comedian on SNL. To me, that makes the scornful kinda like people in glass houses throwing rocks.

And even if Palin is a little dim, so what? Good Lord, look at our PM!

In reality, Palin is a reasonable important figure in the GOP and if she can be won over to Canada's views on certain matters, she actually has influence in Congress.

I don't think she would be bad for Canada at all. Quite the opposite.

And she'd be good for a laugh, as a sort of bonus.

Sorry, Colpy - I've heard her speak; although your last sentence is dead on.

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
Here's something relevant
Did you know he who has fast swimmers ,also has projectile force,making them great participants for face shot games!
Ode to men who have great swimmers

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
The Vienna Convention states that we don't have to accept her

Most Canadians don't realize that the Justin Trudeau government can reject her.

According to a United Nations treaty called the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations, ambassadors are solely appointed by the country that they will represent.

So U.S. president Donald Trump has carte blanche to name Palin as his next envoy to Ottawa.
The next step is requesting approval from the Canadian government to accept her.

Under Article 4, paragragh 2 of the convention, the host country that receives the request has the right to deny it.

No explanation is necessary.

This means that Canada can veto the appointment of Palin.

Canada became a signatory to the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations in 1962 and ratified the treaty in 1966.
The United States became a signatory in 1961 and ratified it in 1972.

The question then becomes: should Palin be rejected?

The answer is likely a resounding yes for anyone who has read Geoffrey Dunn's scathing and serious 2011 book The Lies of Sarah Palin: The Untold Story Behind Her Relentless Quest for Power.

In the book, Dunn documents Palin's vindictiveness to some Alaska state employees when she was governor, as well as her many outrageous lies and even her attempt to ban books from the library in her hometown of Wasilla.

Another of Palin's biographers, Joe McGinniss, revealed that Palin fired about 20 minority employees of the state. This and other shockers were documented in The Rogue: Searching for the Real Sarah Palin.

Trudeau has a chance to show some backbone when he meets Trump next week. Canada's prime minister can declare flat out that this appointment would be completely unacceptable.

I fear, however, that Trudeau has probably already caved in.

Global Affairs Minister Chrystia Freeland was in Washington this week meeting new Secretary of State Rex Tillerson.

There's no doubt that some of the discussions centred around who would be the next U.S. ambassador to Canada.

survey for ambassador preference

Justin Trudeau can reject the appointment of Sarah Palin as next U.S. ambassador to Canada | Georgia Straight Vancouver's News & Entertainment Weekly

www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrzXLYA_e6E

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
The Vienna Convention states that we don't have to accept her

Let's take an egg vote.

Drive her through Ottawa in a limosine and if she can still see out the windows at the end of her trip, she gets to stay.