Pedestrians mowed down in North York

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Nope.

25 year old Alek Minassian, which tells you nothing about him, although the name is of Iranian origin. (according to Google)

According to most of the peeps on the netz, the first in line is Armenian.

But Iran is there too.

(This must be very tense for you.)

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Regardless of where he is from, he is a nutbar. It's only important to the mental midgets like Hoid in case it doesn't fit their narrative.

I only regret that he didn't have the decency to blow himself away as well. In 25 years he will be out on the streets again. Maybe sooner if he gets and skips bail.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Let's just call this an allegation for now.

Alek motivated by alt-right media.
- Stephanie Carver, Assistant Professor, NPSIA, Carleton University. Former national security analyst. on CBC

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
My dad joined the RCAF in 1940, trained in Virden, Dauphin, Summerside, flew to the other side of the world and thereafter said that the best thing that ever happened to him was that he left Saskatchewan. He did live through the entire depression, there and it was poor, backwards and shrinking at that time in history. The rest of his clan stayed on to run the place.
Great , but who cares ? You are still a jerk that wants to turn every thread into either an argument or self promotion .

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Well, it's not my home town but Regina is my father's. There are geographic features there with my surname, named after my city politician grandfather.

We're real Canadians, you see.

Well there you go, CC we have something in common. My family has an island in Northern Saskatchewan, a river and a street in Regina named after them. :smile:

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
1. Minassian Was Known to Law Enforcement and May Have Previously Researched Killings in Isla Vista, California

4. Officials Said the Crash Was Deliberate, But Mental Illness Is a Leading Theory Right Now for What Motivated His Actions

5. Minassian Is Not Associated with Any Terror Groups, Officials Said
https://heavy.com/news/2018/04/alek-minassian-driver-van-hit-pedestrians-toronto-canada/

Of course he was, they also suspect he was a mental case......like they always are.
Same old same old same old stooooory....

Last edited:

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Allegedly:

We’ve just obtained this Facebook post from the accused Alek Minassian, suspected in the #yongeandfinch mass casualty. Posted early this afternoon. FYI Incel=involuntarily celibate. Elliot Rodger killed 6 ppl at UCSB in 2014 before killing himself @globalnewsto

Last edited:

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
I just spent the last half hour just trying to figure out what the **** an Incel is.

Where do people come up with this shit?

Yet one possible explanation has emerged online that suggests Minassian was angry over being rebuffed by women.

An apparent Facebook post by a man with the same name and photo as Minassian's LinkedIn profile refers to the "Supreme Gentleman Elliot Rodger," a 22-year-old responsible for a deadly rampage in Isla Vista, Calif., that left six people dead and a dozen more injured.

In a video posted ahead of that 2014 attack, Rodger raged about a number of women turning down his advances, rendering him an "incel," or involuntarily celibate. Rodger referred to the men who always seemed to win with women as "Chads" and the women who turned men down as "Stacys."

The apparent posting by Minassian says the "incel rebellion has already begun. We will overthrow all the Chads and the Stacys."

CBC News has not been able to independently verify the post as having been written by Minassian.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/toronto-van-attack-driver-profile-alek-minassian-1.4632435

Last edited:

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
The police and ambulance responders should be commended for what they were able to accomplish today.

Proving once again that we have the best city in the country.

Hate to break your little bubble(not really) but the best city in the country would not have these kind of problems.