Pedestrians mowed down in North York

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Everyone bending over backwards to be politically correct..........

F-cking Gypsys.

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
Well, if each and every pedestrian at Yonge and Finch had been carrying a loaded weapon and had the presence of mind to react with it on a few seconds notice, we would see a van full of holes, the same number of dead on the tarmac (perhaps more because of the stray bullets flying around) and a still live driver. It sure is a good thing that we don't have the added complication of an armed population blasting away without skill or guile at random.

And even if they were well-trained, the element of surprise can seriously undermine one's ability to act rationally and in a controlled manner.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
CBC News Alerts

@CBCAlerts
Sources say alleged driver of rental van in Toronto attack is Alek Minassian. 25-year-old man is from Richmond Hill, Ontario, north of Toronto. According to an online profile, he's a student at Seneca College.

7:00 PM - Apr 23, 2018

CBC News Alerts @CBCAlerts

Government officials briefed on investigation so far say Toronto van suspect is not associated with any organized terrorist group. CBC sources also say suspect does not represent larger threat to national security.

7:02 PM - Apr 23, 2018

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
Jury's out on his nationality.

I did a search which show the last name's origin is Armenian, which is predominantly Christian. I also spotted the name in Iran, so....

Who gives a shit about his nationality? I have friends and family in Toronto!

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Who gives a shit about his nationality?

Have you ever read this board?

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
Who gives a shit about his nationality?

Have you ever read this board?

I don't care if it's Johnny Cannuck who did it. I have friends and family in Toronto. If convicted, he should be put to death.

But in Canada, that won't happen.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Yeah riiiiiiiiiiiiight!! The f**king worst by a country mile!

Except for the fact that it's consistently rated one of the best cities in the world.

Even SARS couldn't bring us down.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
The police and ambulance responders should be commended for what they were able to accomplish today.

Agreed, mf. I was just watching a video of the driver pulling something from his pocket twice- have no idea what it was but the officer who apprehended him should be commended for keeping a cool head.

Sad, sad day for the families of the dead and injured. My heart goes out to all of them.