O'Reilly on the view.......

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
I think I got it now....It's OKay and politically correct to call all Christians bible thumpers and child molesters .....but saying that muslims attacked on 9/11 is not, unless you add the word "fanatic" or "terrorist" even though the administration shied away from calling them terrorists for almost two years preferring to call them simple criminals and mirandizing them.:roll:

Wrong.

What isn't okay is blaming an entire group for the actions of a few.

Personally I think all religions are crazy, not just the Muslims or Christians.

First of all, Avro, I am YUKONJACK, you lazy slagger, who finds it too hard to peck out "YUKON".

Secondly who in the Hell is Kevin James and why should I care?

Sorry YukonJack, I meant to say Graham James, the guy who molested Theo Fleury, Sheldon Kennedy and several other youths when he was their coach.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
You have an obsession with fat women, don't you?

No I don't. My wife, the love of my life is also quite a bit on the "sturdy" side, so I have no problem with ladies with weight problems, real or perceived.

However I DO have problems with those heavy ladies who are ignorant and ugly, like Joy Behar and Whoopie Goldberg. Or hypocrites who preach about nutrition from their 250 lbs. perch, like Michelle Obama.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
No I don't. My wife, the love of my life is also quite a bit on the "sturdy" side, so I have no problem with ladies with weight problems, real or perceived.

However I DO have problems with those heavy ladies who are ignorant and ugly, like Joy Behar and Whoopie Goldberg. Or hypocrites who preach about nutrition from their 250 lbs. perch, like Michelle Obama.

If you didn't have an issue with fat women, you wouldn't feel the need to make an issue of it when you disagree with someone.

Which you do quite frequently.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
If you didn't have an issue with fat women, you wouldn't feel the need to make an issue of it when you disagree with someone.

Which you do quite frequently.

TenPenny, the fact that I disagree with the above-mentioned trio of liberal worthies has nothing to do with their body weight; more to the fact that their body weight is inversely proportional to their intellectual weight.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Little boys are raped by Catholics.

Also by Protestants, Baptists, Buddhists, Mormons, Evangelicals, Republicans, Democrats, Blacks, Whites, Native people, straights and gays and Muslims as it has been reported from Afganistan.

However, the only ones who performed terrorist acts based on their religion, political affiliation, sexual preference and/or race, with the possible exception of the Unibomber, influenced by Al Gore's ramblings (you know, the religion of Global Warming) and Timothy McVeigh, influenced by the religion of atheism.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
However, the only ones who performed terrorist acts based on their religion, political affiliation, sexual preference and/or race, with the possible exception of the Unibomber, influenced by Al Gore's ramblings (you know, the religion of Global Warming) and Timothy McVeigh, influenced by the religion of atheism.

You've never heard of Northern Ireland?

TenPenny, the fact that I disagree with the above-mentioned trio of liberal worthies has nothing to do with their body weight; more to the fact that their body weight is inversely proportional to their intellectual weight.

If you didn't have an issue with their weight, you wouldn't keep mentioning it.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Not all muslims are terorists and that's a fact!

But not to forget these days that most if not all terorists are muslims!

So all political correctness aside, the U.S. ,on september 11th, was attacked by Muslims.... period!!

O'Reilly was right....

So, I guess the terrorist view that it is Christians attacking them through Afghanistan and Iraq is correct also. This a war between Christianity and Islam, not a war on terror.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
So, I guess the terrorist view that it is Christians attacking them through Afghanistan and Iraq is correct also. This a war between Christianity and Islam, not a war on terror.
And wasn't, for example, Shock and Ah an act of terrorism. The invasion of those countries was an act of terrorism if you happened to live in those countries. They certainly didn't invade to liberate them. They were bombed back into the stone age so that they could be reconstructed in the west's image and of course to exploit their resources.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
If we're gonna play word games....why not blame Pope Urban II and the first crusade...and then go back some more as to what started that:lol:

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
You forgot someone influenced by Glenn Beck's ramblings, Byron Williams.
Did Glenn Beck's rhetoric inspire violence? - CSMonitor.com
Now then, I am no great fan of Glen Beck.......nor do I watch Fox News......but herein (from Tonington's link) is something much much more dangerous than one allegedly Beck-inspired looney with a gun............

While we may agree to disagree about the role our citizens and our government should play in promoting social justice and the common good, there should be no disagreement about what constitutes integrity and professionalism and responsibility in discourse – even when allowing for and encouraging contending diverse opinions intelligently argued,” Tides founder and CEO Drummond Pike wrote. “This is not a partisan issue. It's an American issue. No one, left, right or center, wants to see another Oklahoma City.”

My emphasis.

I think I'm with Beck on this one.........

There can never be "agreement" on what constitutes acceptable speech........all speech is acceptable, up to the "yelling FIRE in a theatre" litmus test.

The left is constantly proving it does not understand the concept of liberty, especially in the realm of free speech.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
There can never be "agreement" on what constitutes acceptable speech........all speech is acceptable, up to the "yelling FIRE in a theatre" litmus test.

Journalism used to have ethics...because there is a fine line between informing people, and inciting people. That is what was being said. You're spinning mud.

And I'll add that advertisers have been leaving Beck's show like rats from a sinking ship for quite some time before this incident and quote appeared.

The Republican quoted in the article clearly understands:
Speaking of the alleged attack on the Tides Foundation by Byron Williams, Rep. Peter King (R) of New York, senior Republican on the Homeland Security Committee, said in an e-mail to Media Matters: “It is important that everyone in public life, whether on the right or on the left, realize that words have consequences.”​

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010

The left is constantly proving it does not understand the concept of liberty, especially in the realm of free speech.

No one is stopping O'Reilly from saying something stupid. I'm just pointing out how dumb it is. If he wants to continue saying dumb things that reveal how stupid he is, then he can have as much freedom to say those stupid things as gays should have to join the military.

But you're right, it's the 'right' who have a complete understanding of civil liberty.

Last edited:

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario
You forgot someone influenced by Glenn Beck's ramblings, Byron Williams.
Did Glenn Beck's rhetoric inspire violence? - CSMonitor.com

This is very interesting. I did some quick research on what this is all about. It's amazing how many web sites and "news" outlets are stating matter of factly that Byron Williams was egged onto violence by Beck, when that is clearly not the case. I tried to find exactly what it was that Beck said that inspired violence...to no avail. Williams said himself that Beck was not the cause of his violence, and in fact was quoted as saying that Beck would never advocate violence. Yet google is rife with pieces that claim matter of factly that Beck incited the violence.

So, did Glenn Beck's rhetoric inspire violence? No. Tides may as well petition to have Jody Foster arrested for attempting to assassinate Ronald Reagan. They should also un-impeach Clinton and blame it on Penthouse Forum.

I am, as we speak, adding Fox News to my channels.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Either one makes you a polarized zealot DaS, you know that. :) Seriously, come sit here in the middle, it's good for giggles.

There is no "middle". To the extreme right wingers you are to the left therefore a lefty. To the extreme left wingers you are to the right therefore a righty. There is no middle, it is all a matter of perspective.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
This is very interesting. I did some quick research on what this is all about. It's amazing how many web sites and "news" outlets are stating matter of factly that Byron Williams was egged onto violence by Beck, when that is clearly not the case. I tried to find exactly what it was that Beck said that inspired violence...to no avail. Williams said himself that Beck was not the cause of his violence, and in fact was quoted as saying that Beck would never advocate violence. Yet google is rife with pieces that claim matter of factly that Beck incited the violence.

As a matter of fact, I don't actually think Glenn Beck incited violence. Nor do I think that Al Gore incited violence. Yet Google is rife with pieces devoted to both.

I do however think that the rhetoric that is available will galvanize those who already have a disposition towards violence. A plethora of subjectivity exists in this world...

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
There is no "middle". To the extreme right wingers you are to the left therefore a lefty. To the extreme left wingers you are to the right therefore a righty. There is no middle, it is all a matter of perspective.

I agree. Which is why I rarely use the term right or left and if I do, I usually put it in quotes. Either way, they're the best buzz words for the sensationalists.