Nudity and the Western World..

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Re: National Topless Day Venice Beach.. Equality or Immorality?

yeah I know.. that today is quite ridiculous to actually realize how we thought.

I just think this is a bit different. Unless people start thinking of breasts not as sexual desires and rather as just body parts and used for feeding babies, it's gonna be a long time.

there are just too many men out there that the first thing that comes to their head when they see breasts is A lot of Blood! (hehehe) get it?

I get it.... and personally, I don't get the whole fascination of breasts like most men..... I don't hate them, and I did admit I do like them..... but they're not my first choice of what turns me on on a woman..... the only reason why they're hyped up so much by men is because we don't see them often and not desensitized..... and considering most outfits tease us with a few glances of cleavage and such and laws and religion currently try and tell us these are bad things, it just continues the same forbidden candy mentality...... considering you see more of breasts everyday then you do of asses.

like 60 or 70 years ago, men used to hoot and holler when a pair of legs were exposed..... now we just see them as legs (well most do anyways)

Take this classic photo:

^ This used to be considered quite racy back when it first became public because of how much leg was exposed...... some people still think it's quite sexy...... personally speaking, I don't get what the big deal is since I see much more everyday just walking down the street.

If you had this as a poster up on your wall back in the day, your mother or father would probably beat the snot out of you with a belt...... now a days, it'd just be background ambiance.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury

I get it.... and personally, I don't get the whole fascination of breasts like most men..... I don't hate them, and I did admit I do like them..... but they're not my first choice of what turns me on on a woman..... the only reason why they're hyped up so much by men is because we don't see them often and not desensitized..... and considering most outfits tease us with a few glances of cleavage and such and laws and religion currently try and tell us these are bad things, it just continues the same forbidden candy mentality...... considering you see more of breasts everyday then you do of asses.

like 60 or 70 years ago, men used to hoot and holler when a pair of legs were exposed..... now we just see them as legs (well most do anyways)
That all depends on in what context ass is used....

Chiliagon

Prime Minister
May 16, 2010
Spruce Grove, Alberta

yea. I hear ya.

a great pair of legs can get me going just as much as breasts done up well in a nice little outfit.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Because since the hippy revolution the government didn't want that sort of crap to happen again (didn't help the vietnam war much)....... so they filled our media with action, war, violence and crimes...... a society that just wants to be naked, have sex and do drugs all the time is less apt to fight their wars. ;-)

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto

I don't know if it's all that ridiculous..

I don't really think it is appropriate for a woman to be topless in a public beach. men aren't going to look at you and say "she's a nice woman", they're gonna say "look at her ****!" and they'll hoot and hollar at you because of it.

let me put it this way.. if you were walking along the beach would you want to come across some men who were suntanning, showing themselves as well?

How about forget about what some guy might stay/think and allow women to choose for them selves?

Comparing breasts to cocks is ridiculous.

I just don't think that in the USA or Canada, people would willingly accept it and as well they wouldn't see a woman topless and go "oh well, " they'd either be like

"WOOHOO!! you go sexy woman!" or they'd be going "what the hell are you doing? put a damn shirt on!"

There is a nude beach in Toronto... so much for that theory.

Chiliagon

Prime Minister
May 16, 2010
Spruce Grove, Alberta

ya but that's all we would have to expose in order to have the same issues as them?

nobody gives a damn when we take our shirts off or wear thong swimsuits (shiver)

How about forget about what some guy might stay/think and allow women to choose for them selves?

Comparing breasts to cocks is ridiculous.

but it's private.

my theory still stands.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto

ya but that's all we would have to expose in order to have the same issues as them?

nobody gives a damn when we take our shirts off or wear thong swimsuits (shiver)

but it's private.

my theory still stands.

It's not private, it's on City of Toronto Property... IE Hanlon Point Beach. There are signs warning it is clothing optional.

Didn't mean to down-rep you, f'ing buttons are too close together.

Chiliagon

Prime Minister
May 16, 2010
Spruce Grove, Alberta

It's not private, it's on City of Toronto Property... IE Hanlon Point Beach. There are signs warning it is clothing optional.

Didn't mean to down-rep you, f'ing buttons are too close together.

interesting that Toronto has a beach people actually wanna sit on!! :p

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007

Actually a year or so back, they were talking about opening up a nude beach on the south shore of nova scotia.

Which gave me mixed feelings.......

Sure I'm all for a nude beach, but most of the south shore is nothing but old fisherman.

"How'd'ya like ter jig me cod, bai?"

:puke:

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto

Actually a year or so back, they were talking about opening up a nude beach on the south shore of nova scotia.

Which gave me mixed feelings.......

Sure I'm all for a nude beach, but most of the south shore is nothing but middle aged fisherman.
:puke:

Nude beaches don't do anything for me and the people generally attracted to them are not something I want to look at lol

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007

I think it's ridiculous that we can't sunbathe topless on North American beaches. Kudos to them.
It became legal in Ontario when Mike Harris was Premier.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007

The sunbathers were lucky it was only Christians protesting; another religion would have stoned the topless ladies.