NSA leaker Snowden may leave Hong Kong for Iceland on private jet

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Poor Snowden... looks like they've got what they wanted from him and now it is time to fade into oblivion.

I see a white painted cell and white prison jumpsuit in his future.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Poor Snowden... looks like they've got what they wanted from him and now it is time to fade into oblivion.

I see a white painted cell and white prison jumpsuit in his future.

LOL Maybe so...

Firsthand experience with these systems, and horror at their capabilities, is what drove a career intelligence officer to provide PowerPoint slides about PRISM and supporting materials to The Washington Post in order to expose what he believes to be a gross intrusion on privacy. “They quite literally can watch your ideas form as you type,” the officer said.

LINK TO POWERPOINT SLIDES ~~~>NSA slides explain the PRISM data-collection program - The Washington Post

READ 4 PAGE ARTICLE HERE ~~~> U.S., British intelligence mining data from nine U.S. Internet companies in broad secret program - The Washington Post

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
So then you agree that while the US deserves all of the condemnation it's getting for espionage, that maybe it's time we Canadians to turn our criticism to our own country too?

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
So then you agree that while the US deserves all of the condemnation it's getting for espionage, that maybe it's time we Canadians to turn our criticism to our own country too?

Oh, you got it wrong..

The USA and Canada should continue on spying.. who cares.. unless you have something to hide, just quit picking on Snowden..

Is he really telling the public anything we really didn't already suspect or think was happening?? Nothing he has stated is new news..

Data mining is done by everyone, every company..

If you speak on a cell phone, or send an email.. none of that is private.. none.

If you think you have deleted an email, or phone message, it's still on some server in cyberspace.

What pisses me off about the USA is they are calling this guy Snowden a Traitor for bringing to the attention of the public.. for focusing a light on the NSA. But it has been going on for decades, just getting more sophisticated.

Do I necessarily agree with the US Government spending billions on a new server farm in Utah when so many people are out of work.. not really..

Hacking.. took me 2 seconds to find this link for you.. this "school" (The College of Engineering - The University of Alabama) should drop a simple blank index.html page into this cgi-bin folder to hide the scripts..

Index of /~droberts/cgi-bin/axs

Now click the ax-admin.cgi file and you can see all their visitors, IP's and/or delete their database.. open to the public.

Sloppy, they can simply add a username and password in the script:

my $Username = 'your username here';
my $Password = 'your password here';

The problem with the Internet is people think it's safe or all your information is somehow secure.. nothing is.

OH yeah, I sent a link to the Dean to secure his visitors info already and a link to this post.. ckarr@eng.ua.edu

(this is a harmless example)

There are insecure databases of Social Insurance numbers, birth dates and names on the Internet.. maybe some of your info, and with Identity theft on the rise... guess what?!!

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
He's crazy if he ever decides to return to the US. He will be in jail for a long time if not forever.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
He seems to be playing a high-stakes game.

Russia did offer assylum on condition he stops harming 'our American partners'. Was that not good enough for him? Pickers can't be choosers.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
He's crazy if he ever decides to return to the US. He will be in jail for a long time if not forever.

The USA may be able to barter with a nation he runs to.. money is a huge influence to the leaders of some of these Banana Republics he's applied too.. or the hatred towards the USA from Hugo Chavez type leaders is enough to protect Snowden.

Someone from the USA seeking asylum as a refugee from the USA seems a little odd, particularity when there is 15 million illegals within its border.. it's reminds me of the reefer refugees that flee the USA to Canada and ask for asylum.. LOL

He seems to be playing a high-stakes game.

Russia did offer assylum on condition he stops harming 'our American partners'. Was that not good enough for him? Pickers can't be choosers.

I guess he wants the cake and to eat it too.. ??

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
3 Former NSA Employees Praise Edward Snowden, Corroborate Key Claims - Conor Friedersdorf - The Atlantic

Put up Edward Snowden's name next to the names of previous whistle blowers; Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, John Adams, George Washington, Thomas Paine and all the other Founders.

If the USA is truly a democracy, the people have the right to know..

US Snowden Search Enrages Bolivia - YouTube

These colors don't run, but we do, reroute. :lol:

'Act of Aggression' ?? Dunno, but it's the US showing total disrespect for the leader of another country.. I guess that's just Obama's way of making more friends around the world..

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
When former CIA employee Edward Snowden made his first allegations about American covert digital surveillance nearly a month ago, I raised at least one cheer for him. Opposed as I have been to our Government’s proposed ‘snooper’s charter’ to access information about our email traffic, how could I feel otherwise?

Equally, when in 2010 Julian Assange of WikiLeaks released his initial bombshell showing American servicemen shooting innocent Iraqi civilians from a helicopter, it seemed that he had lifted the lid on something deeply shaming to the U.S. government.

And yet my faith in either man did not last very long. In both cases their disclosures have often been presented in an overblown fashion that has shown little sense of proportion. They have seemed to set at naught all American, and Western, interests.

By their actions both men have also revealed an absence of sound judgment. Having staked out the moral high ground, they have embraced some very questionable friends, and acted in way that has made even some of their supporters question their decency.

Read more:

STEPHEN GLOVER: Assange and Snowden heroes? No, they're just hypocrites and moral cowards | Mail Online

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
I find this entire subject absolutely hilarious. Like we didn't know that the govts of the world were spying on their own people and other govts for years. Long before 9/11 and the patriot act there were spies and espionage so this is not news to anyone with half a brain. The fact the US has publicly made a spy out of the guy who it employed as a spy is nothing short of utter stupidity. I mean really, charging a former cia employee with spying? Isn't that their job? And charging him with revealing national security secrets only serves to confirm that he was releasing true information. I have to wonder about the intelligence of those running the show when they try to vilify someone by confirming he is correct in his assertions the govt spies on it's own citizens. Of course I question more the intelligence of the populace who ignore that Snowden is correct in favor of blind faith in a govt that is spying on them. :roll: