Now this is a real attempt, to control the media...

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
We will see about nonsense when the issue comes before the courts. As I have said
before had there been a charge or even a pending charge there would be a story other
than that there are problems with this one. I hope Layton takes this to a civil suit and if
he does, and wins the police will be forced to follow up.
Incidentally I did support Layton this time, as there was Iggy and Harper as an alternative.
The news guy will be dropped down the road and that will be the end of it, he brought a
non story to the main stage and a story that was old and repeated it, without any further
details or updates. The story speaks for itself, it had no legs and faded almost as soon
as it came to light. If it were a genuine story it would still be part of the agenda, even after
the election. Even SUN media is likely embarrassed to put forth such a shallow effort.
The value of this story clearly demonstrates there ain't much to it. No offence, no charge,
no further investigation, no story.
Oh and one other thing, had there been a story here regardless of who it was, I would have
dug into like I did all the other stories I was involved with, and there were many over the
years. Right, left didn't matter to me, you just report the bonafide ones, but there has to be
something to report. Without a charge or further investigation it like reporting you saw
someone looking out a window, it had no legs. Have you noticed there is nothing, silence,
nada, nothing, so where is the story? Someone being in an establishment means nothing
unless that individual was involved in a crime, or some form of illegal activity.
Show me the charge, show me details of what offence he committed and I will be persuaded
there was a story after all. All it turns out to be is a cheap shot that didn't work.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I imagine that's the norm for a lot of jobs where notes are taken relating to the law. When I was a fishery observer, my note book was not my own. If DFO decided to press charges, my note book would be taken, so of course there were things that were expected to be documented in the note books. Date, time and port of departure/return, date/time/location of fishing activity, estimated catch yield, species present, even the amount of rock for scallop tows, and of course any correspondence with the Captain or crew related to warnings.
And yet books have been written with Officers notes. I still think this was a loose policy, until now, lol.

I thought that one trip might bring me to court, unfortunately it didn't, even though the boat had prior discretionary reports written. I wasn't allowed access to the navigation equipment to check our position. Catch per unit effort doubled overnight, and I was given the coordinates at the apparent time the navigation equipment malfunctioned...that was a tense trip for the next two days.
You're a brave man Ton.

We will see about nonsense when the issue comes before the courts.
I doubt it. Even if it goes to court, and gets tossed, you'll either ignore the post of the ruling. Or you'll babble on about some other peripheral BS.

As I have said before had there been a charge or even a pending charge there would be a story other
than that there are problems with this one.
Ya, I know, you keep babbling that. It's irrelevant. It always has been.

I hope Layton takes this to a civil suit and if he does, and wins the police will be forced to follow up.
They already have. The OPP has found no wrong doing. There's no chance of conviction according to the Crown. The Toronto Police Services are reviewing their policy, regarding notebooks.

Incidentally I did support Layton this time, as there was Iggy and Harper as an alternative.
Ya, I know.

The news guy will be dropped down the road and that will be the end of it, he brought a non story to the main stage and a story that was old and repeated it, without any further details or updates.
Except for the confirmation of the story, by the Officers notes.

The story speaks for itself, it had no legs and faded almost as soon as it came to light.
Except here you are, lol.

If it were a genuine story it would still be part of the agenda, even after the election.
It's still part of your agenda.

Even SUN media is likely embarrassed to put forth such a shallow effort.
Maybe, but I doubt it.

The value of this story clearly demonstrates there ain't much to it. No offence, no charge, no further investigation, no story.
If Layton was my man, and I wasn't objective. Ya, I'd think like you too.

Oh and one other thing, had there been a story here regardless of who it was, I would have dug into like I did all the other stories I was involved with, and there were many over the years.
Sure, I've seen your grasp of facts on other topics you've commented on. I'm still waiting to see you defend your commentary on First Nations, not having a democracy, before the Europeans showed up.

Right, left didn't matter to me, you just report the bonafide ones, but there has to be something to report.
Like a politician caught in a compromising situation?

Without a charge or further investigation it like reporting you saw someone looking out a window, it had no legs.
In your opinion.

Have you noticed there is nothing, silence, nada, nothing, so where is the story?
Yes, I did notice the story came and went. Have you noticed the trillions of news stories that came and went like a whisper before it, and will continue to do so after it?
Someone being in an establishment means nothing unless that individual was involved in a crime, or some form of illegal activity.
In your opinion.

Show me the charge, show me details of what offence he committed and I will be persuaded there was a story after all.
I doubt it.
All it turns out to be is a cheap shot that didn't work.
I agree. But that doesn't change the fact that it was news, confirmed, legal and made Jack 'Happy Ending' Layton, try to infringe on freedom of the press.

If you were a journalist worth a pinch of salt, you would be as shocked and concerned as I was by that.