No Order of Canada for Ralph Klein

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
bullshyte, on more than one occasion you have posted your support for the separatists here in Alberta. Canadian first my ass.
I don't support that we should, or that Quebec should, I'm just like pointing out that that the way is clear should they desire to do so. As the saying goes you don't need a divorce if you never got married. Another thing I'm a tad displeased with is the stance Ottawa takes at the UN and other places where they indicate they speak for the majority of the Taxpayers of Canada but instead they are doing what they were told to do by a representive of the US at a 7 course supper at a private retreat where only the 'yea' players are invited. That shouldn't happen in Albertan or Canadian politics. The right to secede would be the only card a player has if he does not have the required number of people to make sure his voice is heard and paid attention to. An example of that was the decision made in the East that the West would produce grain and that is the only thing that would be shipped east rather than opening that part of the country up for manufacturing finished products that could be made from the raw resources that are available. Ontario would have made the place where all the iron works were per-fabbed before being shipped west directly to the building site. That type of relationship makes having Canada one nation well worth the effort. Where one gets special treatment over others is a damn good reason to trash the whole thing and start from scratch. For example, Quebec getting a windfall shre of money from simply allowing power from NFLD to be transmitted on lines that cross her territory. If Canada did work as a fair and balanced Nation the other Provinces could have suspended that action by Quebec and the money going to the producer of the power should have been the ruling and Quebec getting what was stated in the original contract. If that method of doing business can stand then the joining is not fair and balanced and it needs to be updated.

The only changes I would like to see is citizens wanting to be involved can do so now that we have the technology that we do. Creditied school courses could be introduced that included all the feeds available in Ottawa could be tapped, both by the Taxpayer and as a teaching tool for the up and coming Taxpayer. Having a deduction at tax time for time and materials would also be an incentive to get involved, ie vote on 10 things in one year get to claim 10% of youir utility bills, do it for 10 years get a10% increase in your federal pension.

Getting the info to the Taxpayer would be a new branch of the 'news' where your own ID gives you a daily update on the issues you wish to follow. Say two bills in Ottawa have been introduced, one interests you and the other one interests most of the Taxpayers and as such would normally get the most 'air-time'. Your preferences would change that in that you get all the tid-bits that were recorded during the last 24 hours that have to do with conversations that would normally take place behind closed doors or would have just never been broadcast even though it was recorded. That could open up a new breed of websites for Taxpayers, if that could be done for other sections of society like entertainment, sports then it would attract more people and the bigger the database the more successful the program. Tracking is already good enough that creating a fake ID would be next to impossible, if we have to live in a 1984 world we might as well take advantage of what few benefits there are. It's fine for the Gov to pass Laws saying mandatory drug-testing is you are going to accept Govt funds for anything, that should automatically mean every Govt employee is up for person drug testing, especially the ones making the bills that end up becoming laws. Do you think they would complain that their privacy rights were being violated?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I don't support that we should, or that Quebec should, I'm just like pointing out that that the way is clear should they desire to do so.

The only "way that is clear" is for them to haul their sorry asses out of my Country to some where else. That's it. They don't get land, they don't get money. They leave. There's the door, watch out that it doesn't hit you in the ass on the way out.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I will throw in some Holy Water and a cross. We could be him a kit.

Seems Ralph and his cronies all did quite well as they Conned the Province.
King Ralph did set some traditions, for instance everybody looks both ways when getting near a handi-cap parking zone just in case a big black car bearing PM plates come up at a high rate of speed. How much more famous can you get than that? That award would just bring him down to the level of the commoners.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Yep, Ralph sure deserves one if anyone does first for his support of the working man and second for not taking any sh*t from anyone. Actually Ralph should probably be the guy who decides which other Canadians are deserving. He's probably lost the mental capacity to do that lately. Very sad about Ralph, I doubt if he's any older than I am, terrible to see a good man struck down while still in his youth!