No Order of Canada for Ralph Klein

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
You dont know Ralph like some of us do.Thats ok,Go on hateing Alberta,were used to it.

No charges? Anyone got some legit porof to all these allegations against Ralph?

If not then STFU!

Are you drinking and posting at the same time? It's not ballsy at all in Alberta to tell a federal politician meddling in petroleum policies to f uck off. It wouldn't be ballsy for a Newfoundland politician to tell the minister of DFO to f uck off either. Give your head a shake and put some coffee on.

Onward internet warrior...just assume everyone hates Alberta. You have a massive inferiority complex, do you also adorn your walls with large racks of animal horn and antler?

8O

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
...and yet you tried to. It's a very simple question really. If (as you suggested) his comments were a result of his condition, why can't you overlook them?

Like I said. There is no reason to believe that his absurd antics had anything to do with his illness. The illness (alzheimers) crippled him in a matter of months (well after the alcoholism took its toll), yet the incidents were at least a decade earlier. How is it possible to connect the dots other than to see that he lost his sense of humour as his mind turned to soup.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Like I said. There is no reason to believe that his absurd antics had anything to do with his illness.

I agree but you made the connection and then said the connection wouldn't matter. I'm just asking you to explain why it wouldn't matter.

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
Ya,something like me going on the net and saying you are a wife beater and child molester,but then not getting the term right or showing any proof,give me a break.

Theres laws that will get you charged for saying **** like that on the net ya know?

So ... you call names when you don't like what you read, then you demand proof and links, next you suggest I'm a troll and finally, after the wifebeater and childmolester terms, you suggest that there are laws in Canada preventing people from presenting facts?

Wow.
You and I are not only from different places, but I think we're from different planets.

Nope,its in the Criminal code and if you know who to push to get charges laid it will happen,slander and all that anon crap isnt anon anymore my friend. No more online bullying or stalking is legal and about time.

What's in the criminal code ... that we're not allowed to talk about Klein when he is a buffoon?

Are you a lawyer now too?

I agree but you made the connection and then said the connection wouldn't matter. I'm just asking you to explain why it wouldn't matter.

I have.

There is no timeline connection between Klein's dimentia and his prior bad acts.

The bad acts are the same. When his dimentia took over, he had more bad acts to the extent that his wife had to cover for him and there were public apologies. I think there was a huge gap ... years ... between the two: prior bad acts and fast changing frontal lobe dimentia.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Considering some of the others who have received the Order, I see no reason why Klein does not qualify. I am not a Klein supporter BTW. When in power he was actually bad for Alberta, frequently using sarcasm and insults to stifle debate and actually putting together a Nixon-style "enemies" list of people and organizations he had to get.

His term in power featured incredible luck, taking office when oil prices were low and within a few years seeing increases that resulted in huge government surpluses. At the same time he privatized many government services resulting in increased costs for the average Albertan without any real improvement in service. He also allowed Alberta's infrastructure to decline, particularly in the critical areas of health care, education, and transport. None of his so-called "reforms" actually resulted in any real savings for the government (health care costs actually soared during the years when Klein served as Premier), and many changes actually created long term problems that still have not been remedied. Essentially Klein was a one-trick-pony focused on eliminating the provincial debt at any cost and without any real vision for the future.

However, having stated all of this, I see no reason why an award that has been handed out to professional athletes and entertainers should not be handed out to a professional politician.

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
Considering some of the others who have received the Order, I see no reason why Klein does not qualify. I am not a Klein supporter BTW. When in power he was actually bad for Alberta, frequently using sarcasm and insults to stifle debate and actually putting together a Nixon-style "enemies" list of people and organizations he had to get.

His term in power featured incredible luck, taking office when oil prices were low and within a few years seeing increases that resulted in huge government surpluses. At the same time he privatized many government services resulting in increased costs for the average Albertan without any real improvement in service. He also allowed Alberta's infrastructure to decline, particularly in the critical areas of health care, education, and transport. None of his so-called "reforms" actually resulted in any real savings for the government (health care costs actually soared during the years when Klein served as Premier), and many changes actually created long term problems that still have not been remedied. Essentially Klein was a one-trick-pony focused on eliminating the provincial debt at any cost and without any real vision for the future.

However, having stated all of this, I see no reason why an award that has been handed out to professional athletes and entertainers should not be handed out to a professional politician.

It looks like it was something of a recognition and honour back in 1967, but that today any buffoon can receive or reject the order of Canada. By all means, give it to the guy with soup for brains.

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
Maybe you should make up your mind.

Nothing to make up ...

Ralph Klein was dignosed with Alzheimer's Disease about a year ago. The form of the illness that he has is rapid and permanent. His frontal lobe has turned to soup. Could previous bad acts of a guy with soup for brains be a result of rapidly deteriorating Alzheimer's Disease 10-15 years later?

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
Nothing to make up ...

Ralph Klein was dignosed with Alzheimer's Disease about a year ago. The form of the illness that he has is rapid and permanent. His frontal lobe has turned to soup. Could previous bad acts of a guy with soup for brains be a result of rapidly deteriorating Alzheimer's Disease 10-15 years later?

Yet he still is probably wiser then you will ever be.

I get a kick out of toying with the folks that hate Alberta,it amazes me to no end the hate some have for this province and how far they will go.I face the fact that im dealing with immature kids when I do this but it allways brings a smile to my face.
Have a good day.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
How you easterners doing with the $2.2B we sent you recently in Eqaualization payments??
We've been over this. We're partying as fast and hard as we can!!!

SLM can only do so many strip teases in a day you know.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
We've been over this. We're partying as fast and hard as we can!!!

SLM can only do so many strip teases in a day you know.

How come I always end up naked in your posts? Lol.

That's a rhetorical question, I already know the answer.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Ralph Klein deserves the Order Of Canada.

The Americans have apple pie and Canadians have good beer and Ralph knows the difference.