Mysterious priest performs miracle at site of Mercedes crash

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Terrified of? Your actions or the consequences?
I was terrified of all authority figures and their unreasonable penchant for punishing anything and everything they deemed wrong. Hell was held up by the church as a threat for not being an obedient, unquestioning, mindless follower. Which is why I say exposing children to religion is child abuse. It took nearly 50 years to purge myself of the crap I was fed as a child and the fears it instilled in me. I have spoken to many ex-catholics who tell similar stories and went through the same terrorizing tactics of the church. Maybe things have changed, but there is no way you or anybody else will change my views of religion, the church or the war god of the desert.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Will this style of attention result in fewer people willing to initiate 'good deeds'?

The public assertion that because a rock has curves is not proof that the Earth is round (curved)

I am not familiar with any mainstream religion that dictates that the faithful live in fear of any diety

O my God,
I am heartily sorry for
having offended Thee
and I detest all my sins,
because I dread the loss of heaven,
and the pains of hell
;
but most of all because
they offend Thee, my God,
Who are all good and
deserving of all my love.
I firmly resolve,
with the help of Thy grace
to confess my sins,
to do penance
and to amend my life.
Amen.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
if one does not embrace and accept and profess Christ as their savior they are going to hell.......aren;t they? isn't that a Christian requirement to accept jesus christ as the son of god?

that was just my first rejection

and the beat goes on

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
What kind of Christian?
any kind of Christian, it is biblical is it not?
and do you have a Catholic bible... and that other big thing on my shelf, whatever that is called, where it interprets the bible according to the church...

isn't that all about being "saved" no black marks on the soul...straight to heaven instead of hell or purgatory

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Don't tell me you never heard the expression, "He was a good god fearing man"? Having been raised catholic, I can assure you that I had the fear of god beaten into me by every single adult that professed to be doing god's work - father, priest, nuns and lay teachers.

I've also heard the expression "Like looking for a needle in a haystack"... Doesn't really mean that people do that on a literal basis, now does it?

BTW - Petros is likely right, you were a little sh*t and probably beaten by anyone that could lay their hands on you regardless of their religious affiliation or lack thereof

Terrified of? Your actions or the consequences?

More like sorry about the action only when caught and faced with the consequences.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I've also heard the expression "Like looking for a needle in a haystack"... Doesn't really mean that people do that on a literal basis, now does it?

BTW - Petros is likely right, you were a little sh*t and probably beaten by anyone that could lay their hands on you regardless of their religious affiliation or lack thereof

More like sorry about the action only when caught and faced with the consequences.
Believe what you want. You will anyways. The church is infalable and the priests are emissaries of gawd, Ya! Right!