Mysterious priest performs miracle at site of Mercedes crash

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I gather, that from your perspective, that believing in God or miracles, is the same as believing in Santa Claus so constantly arguing with a three year old or an undeveloped adult that still believes in Santa would not be beneath you and you would consider that fun..?
Great.....I'm finally getting it....
Are you saying Mhz is an undeveloped adult?

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
I gather, that from your perspective, that believing in God or miracles, is the same as believing in Santa Claus so constantly arguing with a three year old or an undeveloped adult that still believes in Santa would not be beneath you and you would consider that fun..?
Great.....I'm finally getting it....
That's not really accurate. There's a difference. 3 year olds aren't quite as intellectually equipped for the arguments I like, but you can consider yourself as such if you like.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Tell me more of the stuff I know and don't know. Can your stupid god tell you what's in my head? lmao Sorry, but normally I just troll on people's silly, baseless beliefs. On occasion, though, being human, and especially when some er um uh human comes up with the really stupid crap, I might slip a little.
Stupid, didn't you hear He wrote a book that surpasses any other best seller by a wide margin. Why do you think he has made it such a puzzle to you that even in fill disbelief you still can't walk away. The relationship that you have with God is already written down, which side of the isle of the right church (of the 7 in Re:2 and3) are you on? That mission too difficult for you, give you something relevant to talk about (assuming any thread with God in it is going to cover more than the OP, if God was involved the crash would have bee averted, just for the record as I'm not sure that would be considered to be 'common knowledge' with the 'usual suspects'.

This thread was about if God would send somebody for an event such as this. I don't recall jumping on any platform that promoted God was involved in any way. Nor does he cause suffering so he can bring relief so if God is a mystery to you then you get all the credit. For your view to be correct it would have to be universally accepted, the only universe that is happening in is the one inside your head. No matter what the words say you change them to suit what is already determined in your mind via whatever forces. You are trying to make you opinion be the 'fact' the very thing you hate in bible-pushers. With universal salvation as part of my belief then the only question is when a person is gathered rather than there being any 'ifs' involved. I have no issue with rejecting people who are abusive without cause Christian or Atheist.

And you've never provokedd anyone, Mr Pot? Try again, that one didn't fly.
Just ****tards but then they are already off the deep-end anyway. I'm not so sure all your marbles are there when you want to argue with me about anything raelly and the bible in particular. If you amusement comes from being made to look 'unable to win any argument in a clear manner that leaves the opposition speechless then you should have stopped way pack some posts ago where you were mocking me for saying the bible has a clear picture of what is is trying to get us to understand about God in a way that covers all the material in the Bible.

You've never had an argument for any part of the picture, let alone one that shows mine is in error some way.

Nope. It's fun. I don't have to convince myself that something's fun. I can feel it. And the more surreal the silliness gets, the more fun I have.
You should be amused for a long time to come then as I doubt you are going to get any wiser (about God) anytime soon. Aren't you glad I held back and didn't say 'stranger things have happened'?

Are you saying Mhz is an undeveloped adult?
Cliffy if they could come up with something so cleaver they could be writing scripture for a living.
Next they will be saying have thee 45 on repeat would be a bad thing after a week or two. The music and then the dancer but not a rule, the two weeks non stop is though. (just so some of the not-so-bright ones have a chance to say, 'Really?'

Enigma MMX The Social Song - YouTube

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Stupid, didn't you hear He wrote a book that surpasses any other best seller by a wide margin.
Nah, sorry, people wrote the book and anyway, even as prolific and popular a writer as he was, Shakespeare wasn't all that bright either.
Why do you think he has made it such a puzzle to you
Because he never heard the principle, Keep It Simple, Stupid.
that even in fill disbelief you still can't walk away. The relationship that you have with God is already written down,
Yeah, I know. I am damned simply because I think the first 3 commandments have nothing to do with anything other than an overinflated ego of a fictional being. That still doesn't answer my question, though.
which side of the isle of the right church (of the 7 in Re:2 and3) are you on?
Sorry, I don't do church. The only one of those "churches" I am currently familiar with is Philadelphia, but I've never even been close to Pennsylvania nor Lydia.
That mission too difficult for you, give you something relevant to talk about (assuming any thread with God in it is going to cover more than the OP, if God was involved the crash would have bee averted, just for the record as I'm not sure that would be considered to be 'common knowledge' with the 'usual suspects'.
Ya see? Judging from all the instances where a caring and loving magical hand could have intervened in things, the list looks pretty blank as to interventions. I agree, there was no caring, loving magical hand in the crash; just a nice human being doing what he could to help.
This thread was about if God would send somebody for an event such as this. I don't recall jumping on any platform that promoted God was involved in any way. Nor does he cause suffering so he can bring relief so if God is a mystery to you then you get all the credit. For your view to be correct it would have to be universally accepted, the only universe that is happening in is the one inside your head. No matter what the words say you change them to suit what is already determined in your mind via whatever forces. You are trying to make you opinion be the 'fact' the very thing you hate in bible-pushers.
Again, you sure seem to be more knowledgeable about my intentions and thoughts than I am. That's why I asked if your stupid god was whispering crap in your ear about me. You never answered that.
My mind is changeable, not absolutely "determined". Your problem is with all your vast and profound and apparently exclusive knowledge of the Bible and your genius, you have yet to be able to figure out how not to come across as arrogant, condescending, and smug (a lot like your master, BTW) long enough to put forward a coherent, rational point.
Anyway, it used to be "universally accepted" as fact that the universe revolved around Earth. Fact: it doesn't. So universal acceptance is not necessarily cohesive with reality and fact. Your "facts", to me are irrelevant because the entire basis upon which they rest is embedded in what is probably a fiction.
With universal salvation as part of my belief then the only question is when a person is gathered rather than there being any 'ifs' involved. I have no issue with rejecting people who are abusive without cause Christian or Atheist.
I'm thrilled for you.

Just ****tards but then they are already off the deep-end anyway. I'm not so sure all your marbles are there when you want to argue with me about anything raelly and the bible in particular. If you amusement comes from being made to look 'unable to win any argument in a clear manner that leaves the opposition speechless then you should have stopped way pack some posts ago where you were mocking me for saying the bible has a clear picture of what is is trying to get us to understand about God in a way that covers all the material in the Bible.

You've never had an argument for any part of the picture, let alone one that shows mine is in error some way.
It was never my wish to "win". Like I said, I am simply having fun. The tool I use? REASONABLE doubt. I have other tools, but I like that one the best. And your lonely little tool.....? Faith, wishful thinking, or whatever you want to call it.

You should be amused for a long time to come then as I doubt you are going to get any wiser (about God) anytime soon.
Yeah, but then I see no high priority in being wise about something that is most probably fictional. I prefer reality.
Aren't you glad I held back and didn't say 'stranger things have happened'?
Why would I be glad or not glad? Answer me that, seeing as you claim to be able to tell me what my thoughts and intentions are.

Last edited:

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Because he never heard the principle, Keep It Simple, Stupid.

Yeah, I know. I am damned simply because I think the first 3 commandments have nothing to do with anything other than an overinflated ego of a fictional being.
Way too late, God covered how we would be taught, a little bit if we are slow to learn.

Isa:28:9:
Whom shall he teach knowledge?
and whom shall he make to understand doctrine?
them that are weaned from the milk,
and drawn from the breasts.
Isa:28:10:
For precept must be upon precept,
precept upon precept;
line upon line,
line upon line;
here a little,
and there a little:

1Co:3:2:
I have fed you with milk,
and not with meat:
for hitherto ye were not able to bear it,
neither yet now are ye able.
1Co:3:3:
For ye are yet carnal:
for whereas there is among you envying,
and strife,
and divisions,
are ye not carnal,
and walk as men?

In my last post I said I was a believer in universal salvation, then you come back with the comment that you are 'damned', .. and you wonder why i say you can't even follow a conversation let alone laern something new. lol I don't have to insult you, you do it all on your own.

Why would I be glad or not glad? Answer me that, seeing as you claim to be able to tell me what my thoughts and intentions are.
You did notice that the thought was posted and not held back, .... right?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I was once accused of knowing everything about the New Age (not true) but in my 40 years of studying comparative religions and spiritual paths (including the so called New Age), philosophy, psychology, history and quantum physics, I have learned to keep an open mind about various belief systems. One thing I did find was that there is a common thread throughout them all. And, I contend, that it is that common link that is the only important thing about them. Divine revelation was not just given to just one people living in one geographical location in one historical time frame. The divine is is not selective or discriminatory. That is a very human trait.

As Mark Twain once said, "And man created god in his own image." All the gods in the world represent the same divine creative force that permeates all life. How people interpret that has more to do with culture, geographical location and historical time frames. They are talking about the same things in different languages, using different symbols and images. Everybody envisions the divine according to their capacity to understand. There is no right or wrong way and the ways are as varied as their are people on the planet.

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
I was once accused of knowing everything about the New Age (not true) but in my 40 years of studying comparative religions and spiritual paths (including the so called New Age), philosophy, psychology, history and quantum physics, I have learned to keep an open mind about various belief systems. One thing I did find was that there is a common thread throughout them all. And, I contend, that it is that common link that is the only important thing about them. Divine revelation was not just given to just one people living in one geographical location in one historical time frame. The divine is is not selective or discriminatory. That is a very human trait.

As Mark Twain once said, "And man created god in his own image." All the gods in the world represent the same divine creative force that permeates all life. How people interpret that has more to do with culture, geographical location and historical time frames. They are talking about the same things in different languages, using different symbols and images. Everybody envisions the divine according to their capacity to understand. There is no right or wrong way and the ways are as varied as their are people on the planet.

Very good thread, Cliffy - and at this point the mods should close this one, as the thread has started generating an increasing number rof personally corrosive replies.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
How about a common knowledge that something 'big' was going to happen at some point in the future, the common theme is below and Jeremiah would have been using Ezekiel's wheel to travel with. (put it sideways and it is a classic saucer shape, a wheel within a wheel)

Jer:25:15:
For thus saith the LORD God of Israel unto me;
Take the wine cup of this fury at my hand,
and cause all the nations,
to whom I send thee, to drink it.
Jer:25:16:
And they shall drink,
and be moved,
and be mad,
because of the sword that I will send among them.
Jer:25:17:
Then took I the cup at the LORD's hand,
and made all the nations to drink,
unto whom the LORD had sent me:
Jer:25:18:
To wit,
Jerusalem,

and the cities of Judah,
and the kings thereof,
and the princes thereof,
to make them a desolation,
an astonishment,
an hissing,
and a curse;
as it is this day;

Jer:25:26-33:
And all the kings of the north,
far and near,
one with another,
and all the kingdoms of the world,
which are upon the face of the earth:
and the king of Sheshach shall drink after them.
Jer:25:27:
Therefore thou shalt say unto them,
Thus saith the LORD of hosts,
the God of Israel;
Drink ye,
and be drunken,
and spue,
and fall,
and rise no more,
because of the sword which I will send among you.
And it shall be,
if they refuse to take the cup at thine hand to drink,
then shalt thou say unto them,
Thus saith the LORD of hosts;
Ye shall certainly drink.
For,
lo,
I begin to bring evil on the city which is called by my name,
and should ye be utterly unpunished?
Ye shall not be unpunished:
for I will call for a sword upon all the inhabitants of the earth,
saith the LORD of hosts.
Therefore prophesy thou against them all these words,
and say unto them,
The LORD shall roar from on high,
and utter his voice from his holy habitation;
he shall mightily roar upon his habitation;
he shall give a shout,
as they that tread the grapes,
against all the inhabitants of the earth.
A noise shall come even to the ends of the earth;
for the LORD hath a controversy with the nations,

he will plead with all flesh;
he will give them that are wicked to the sword,
saith the LORD.
Thus saith the LORD of hosts,
Behold,
evil shall go forth from nation to nation,
and a great whirlwind shall be raised up from the coasts of the earth.
And the slain of the LORD shall be at that day from one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth:
they shall not be lamented,
neither gathered,
nor buried;
they shall be dung upon the ground.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
With the eyes of a child
You must come out and see
That your world's spinning 'round
And through life you will be
A small part of a hope
Of a love that exists
In the eyes of a child
You will see - The Moody Blues

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Way too late, God covered how we would be taught, a little bit if we are slow to learn.
You mean the people who wrote the book.

In my last post I said I was a believer in universal salvation,
Yeah, I read that, so? You seem to believe in a lot of bushwa. Then you come back with the comment that you are 'damned',[/quote]Yeah, so? A lot of people have said I am. You are only 1 of two people who have said I was not. Numbers rule, dude.
.. and you wonder why i say you can't even follow a conversation let alone laern something new. lol I don't have to insult you, you do it all on your own.
I never did wonder. More projection on your part. You mingle your Biblical script into your conversation, so not only do people have to dig out some meaning from what you spew, we have to figure out what the script says and how it relates to what you spewed. Maybe if you tried using pictures? Mind you, I mean cogent pictures, not stuff like Piccaso`s stuff.

You did notice that the thought was posted and not held back, .... right?
A question to reply to a question? You sure you aren`t female?

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
You mean the people who wrote the book.

Yeah, I read that, so? You seem to believe in a lot of bushwa. Then you come back with the comment that you are 'damned',
Yeah, so? A lot of people have said I am. You are only 1 of two people who have said I was not. Numbers rule, dude.
I never did wonder. More projection on your part. You mingle your Biblical script into your conversation, so not only do people have to dig out some meaning from what you spew, we have to figure out what the script says and how it relates to what you spewed. Maybe if you tried using pictures? Mind you, I mean cogent pictures, not stuff like Piccaso`s stuff.

A question to reply to a question? You sure you aren`t female?[/QUOTE]

Then the best thing to do is ignore the comments and the quotes.
Honestly this is really people just chucking crap at each other at this point.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
More quotes. Cool. Moody Blues rock.

Sitting alone at night in secret study;
it is placed on the brass tripod.
A slight flame comes out of the emptiness and makes
successful that which should not be believed in vain.

The wand in the hand is placed in the middle of the tripod's legs.
With water he sprinkles both the hem of his garment and his foot.
A voice, fear: he trembles in his robes.
Divine splendor; the God sits nearby.

When the litters are overturned by the whirlwind
and faces are covered by cloaks,
the new republic will be troubled by its people.
At this time the reds and the whites will rule wrongly.

In the world there will be made a king
who will have little peace and a short life.
At this time the ship of the Papacy will be lost,
governed to its greatest detriment.

They will be driven away for a long drawn out fight.
The countryside will be most grievously troubled.
Town and country will have greater struggle.
Carcassonne and Narbonne will have their hearts tried.

The eye of Ravenna will be forsaken,
when his wings will fail at his feet.
The two of Bresse will have made a constitution
for Turin and Vercelli, which the French will trample underfoot

Arrived too late, the act has been done.
The wind was against them, letters intercepted on their way.
The conspirators were fourteen of a party.
By Rousseau shall these enterprises be undertaken.

How often will you be captured, O city of the sun ?
Changing laws that are barbaric and vain.
Bad times approach you. No longer will you be enslaved.
Great Hadrie will revive your veins.

From the Orient will come the African heart
to trouble Hadrie and the heirs of Romulus.
Accompanied by the Libyan fleet
the temples of Malta and nearby islands shall be deserted.

A coffin is put into the vault of iron,
where seven children of the king are held.
The ancestors and forebears will come forth from the depths of hell,
lamenting to see thus dead the fruit of their line.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
That's not really accurate. There's a difference. 3 year olds aren't quite as intellectually equipped for the arguments I like, but you can consider yourself as such if you like.
Nope...the real difference is that I don't argue Religious "beliefs" ......those are personal...
The only thing that should be up for argument is actions resulting from those beliefs, such as the antics of the westboro Baptist church, blowing up or otherwise harming people because it's the will of your god.......and yes spamming a forum with religious mantra:smile:
Or seeing to it that no good deed should go untarnished:roll:

And now in leaving this thread........one little quote:

I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't,
than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.

You can all go back at it now :lol:

Last edited:

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
The public assertion that a good deed is a miracle should not go unchallenged.
The public assertion that because the water surface in an aquarium looks flat that supports a flat earth should not go unchallenged.

I would rather live my life as a good man independent of fear of gods than live cowering in fear of them.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
The public assertion that a good deed is a miracle should not go unchallenged.

Will this style of attention result in fewer people willing to initiate 'good deeds'?

The public assertion that because the water surface in an aquarium looks flat that supports a flat earth should not go unchallenged.

The public assertion that because a rock has curves is not proof that the Earth is round (curved)

I would rather live my life as a good man independent of fear of gods than live cowering in fear of them.

I am not familiar with any mainstream religion that dictates that the faithful live in fear of any diety

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I am not familiar with any mainstream religion that dictates that the faithful live in fear of any diety
Don't tell me you never heard the expression, "He was a good god fearing man"? Having been raised catholic, I can assure you that I had the fear of god beaten into me by every single adult that professed to be doing god's work - father, priest, nuns and lay teachers.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Don't tell me you never heard the expression, "He was a good god fearing man"? Having been raised catholic, I can assure you that I had the fear of god beaten into me by every single adult that professed to be doing god's work - father, priest, nuns and lay teachers.
Were you a rotten kid or what?