pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Fifteen dollars an hour is not unreasonable. What is unreasonable is the
bloated payments made to those at the top of chain. For example the guy
who screwed Target up completely is rewarded with over sixty million in
severance for the mess he made. Target ends up being routed from this
country completely and they have liquidators selling off even the shelves.
Add to that there is then seventy million to distribute among more than
seventeen thousand employees. That was just one person who got the big
payday never mind the others.
We are really paying for the excess at the top not the average worker.
The big corporations whine constantly they are paying too much when in fact
they are not paying their share. It is easier to point the finger at low wage
earners though.
And this has what exactly to do with restaurants in Seattle ?

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
No way a business owner would stay in business for $28K a year, it is not worth the aggravation and the high risk associated with running a restaurant.

Do you know anything about business??

I'm sure the $28K is after taxes and expenses.. net.

They probably gross $350,000, then after paying staff, food, overhead, WCB, Taxes they walk home with $28K.

$28K in the USA goes a lot father than $28K in Canada.. land, food, electricity pretty much everything is significantly cheaper in the USA than Canada.. the reason you have lineups at the border of Canadians going south to shop.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister

My question is why do we begrudge an employee a minimum wage when we condone
so many offensive things in the workforce?

Do you pay your employees at the orchard $50 or $60 per hour?... You know, a decent living wage?

You fat-cat fruit growers make me sick

$15 AND a tips?

Might be interesting for the restaurant owners to increase the price of the food and strongly advertise that there is no tipping on the bill.

The elimination of that tip will easily offset the overall cost to the customer, keep it in the affordability range and (theoretically) make all of the libtards happy about higher min wages in restaurants.

The only folks that will be taking it in the a s s are the wait staff that make far more in tips than they make in wages

Interesting thing about fortune 500 companies is that they create a lot of opportunity for well run small businesses. They tend to contract out lots of work.

The Fortune 500 companies are the ones that are spear-heading the technology to replace the staff and eliminate the issue all together.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
HAY!! London, Ontario!! How's the weather back east??

Cool but probably dryer than in Seattle where word has it more and more restaurants are closing their doors as a $15 minimum wage approaches. Can't remember where I heard about that though. ;)

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
many people in here have had their head derailed by fauxnews. foxnews lobotomy is a real thing.

Yeah not all of us subscribe to being a pinko commie bedwetting sapsucking twit like you..

Cool but probably dryer than in Seattle where word has it more and more restaurants are closing their doors as a $15 minimum wage approaches. Can't remember where I heard about that though. ;)

Yeah parents live outside Ottawa.. time for a visit to Onterible.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Yeah not all of us subscribe to being a pinko commie bedwetting sapsucking twit like you..

Really? And the mod has a problem with me?

As for the OP, maybe they should just do away with tips. Pay the workers a decent wage.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
yes tips should be done away with.....I'm all for that unless someone can show me why I should not be

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
I cannot comment on whether $15/h is a living wage in Seattle. But, the minimum wage in Canada in 1965 was $1.25/h. The purchasing power of $1.25 then was just shy of $10.00 in today's economy. So, in Seattle, it is not inconceivable that $15.00/h is a justifiable lower limit.