More Seattle restaurants close doors as $15 minimum wage approaches

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
ok......... you all do realize, that the restaurants, those that employ less than 500 nationally, have up to 7 years.... that's right....7 years, to implement the 15/hr.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
It's tough but the story is fear mongering propganda from the restaurant association. Not a single statistic to back up their "more closing doors" article. More compared to what and why?

Opponents said this would happen and it is indeed happening.

Tough to swallow for some I know, but it is what it is.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Opponents said this would happen and it is indeed happening.

Tough to swallow for some I know, but it is what it is.
It is? How many? Compared to what? How many closed in March of 2014, 2013..?

Ultimately count how many restaurants there are now and count them again in one year. Then start making claims about closures.

gore0bsessed

Time Out
Oct 23, 2011
Closures aren't statistical metrics?

wow, restaurants close and new ones open all the time.

if restaurants can't make a profit and give their employees a fair wage they probably weren't making that much of a profit to begin with. they shouldn't exist anyways.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
It is? How many? Compared to what? How many closed in March of 2014, 2013..?

Really?

Ok.... hold on... I'll have a power point presentation ready at midnight. Will you wait up?

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Really?

Ok.... hold on... I'll have a power point presentation ready at midnight. Will you wait up?
To save you time, like the restaurant association did, just write a negative story and claim it as some immeasurable fact. Faster that way.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Yup. In Canada that is almost $1700 a month net.

Who the fukk could live on 20 grand?

Really, my son qualified for a mortgage on a condo at 15/hour. So I wouldn't exactly say that it is "barely" livable.

I made twice that 25 years ago and affording a normal 3 bedroom house was difficult even with my wife making a solid wage with the Ontario government.
Now I make about $15/hour thanks to people shopping at Walmart, figuratively speaking. People have decided they need really garbage products for less or any price ending in 0.88
When I was a young man I called anyone who bought a rice burner (Japanese car) a traitor. I felt they would ruin our economy and send our jobs overseas. Well what do you know. All you cheap a$$ traitors have made my fears a reality.
I can't wait for all you retired, out of touch conservatives to fukk my retirement up completely.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Who the fukk could live on 20 grand?

I made twice that 25 years ago and affording a normal 3 bedroom house was difficult even with my wife making a solid wage with the Ontario government.
Now I make about $15/hour thanks to people shopping at Walmart, figuratively speaking. People have decided they need really garbage products for less or any price ending in 0.88
When I was a young man I called anyone who bought a rice burner (Japanese car) a traitor. I felt they would ruin our economy and send our jobs overseas. Well what do you know. All you cheap a$$ traitors have made my fears a reality.
I can't wait for all you retired, out of touch conservatives to fukk my retirement up completely.
beans and tators son,,,,,beans and tators. Get that jiffy cornbread two for a dollar.:).

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

Obviously you fu cked something up.Oh... never mind......I know....sorry....it's someone elses fault.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
This is the BIGGEST thing that has to change. Stop the shipping of jobs and so much else overseas. Start producing things here. Tax imported stuff more and if a company is Canadian but gets its stuff done overseas, tax those business' extra hard to make up for the loss of work to Canadians. Give companies who stay tax breaks and other incentives to actually stay and hire Canadian workers. Bring in aprenticship programs more, allow people to learn on the job again and not have to have 'work related' experience before they can get a job. Companies need to do more for their employees so the idea of 'company loyalty' actually comes back, so people are proud to work where they work, instead of just going to make the money then go home asap.

Not much good at economics are you? Raising the price of a product cuts market share. Sure the remaining few employees might make more money but the rest will be jobless.

Wow... you're pretty dumb.

You just figure that out now?

gore0bsessed

Time Out
Oct 23, 2011
serryah probably doesn't realize it but she's just about calling for the abolition of capitalism.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Raise the price of those greasy burgers to twenty bucks a sammich I say. Personally I wouldn't give a bucks for one of those nasty things. But,,,I would however, hang a front door for a decent sammich from smashburger or one of those joints. Let's get back to the ole barter system and all this arguing won't be necessary.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Interesting thing about fortune 500 companies is that they create a lot of opportunity for well run small businesses. They tend to contract out lots of work.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Obviously you fu cked something up.Oh... never mind......I know....sorry....it's someone elses fault.

I live with my choices and pay for my mistakes.
I wish you'd let me know just what I've fukked up.
I guess not living where you and Boomer do, where $1700 a month is a living wage is my biggest mistake. Hope all is well in your Utopia.