Mexico Will Pay For Wall say Trump

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
I think it's great too. What does Trump need to talk to him for?

The wall is going to be built and Mexico is going to pay for it.

Trump'll put up some fencing.. the U.S. will pay for all of it.. and it won't do squat to prevent illegal immigration. The only way to stop that is to completely ditch Nafta, which will allow Mexico to construct its own sovereign, self sufficient, national industrial economy.. which will destroy the impetus to emigrate. The only ones on both sides of the border who will lose with that, is the parasite traders and financiers.. who profit from the misery of the slave colonies in the Maquilladoras while throwing their own workers to the wolves.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Trump'll put up some fencing.. the U.S. will pay for all of it.. and it won't do squat to prevent illegal immigration. The only way to stop that is to completely ditch Nafta, which will allow Mexico to construct its own sovereign, self sufficient, national industrial economy.. which will destroy the impetus to emigrate. The only ones on both sides of the border who will lose with that, is the parasite traders and financiers.. who profit from the misery of the slave colonies in the Maquilladoras while throwing their own workers to the wolves.

The wall will help as well as many other measures that are being enacted by the Trump Administration.

So... the wall will be built and Mexico will pay for it.

As I read it, Mexicans are not the problem with illegal immigration; it is the foreigners who come through Mexico from other countries, bringing drugs, gun running and human trafficking. It would be in Mexico's best interest to secure their own borders.

You're exactly right. Illegal Immigrants from all corners of the world are using the southern border as a way into the US.

Don't forget, Mexico was building its own wall on its southern border.

Mexico's immigration laws are far more strict that the US. Canada's laws are as well.

Mexico probably doesn't want to address the problem of criminals using their country as a conduit into the U.S. because they are being well paid to allow it. Corruption on the Mexican government officials is well known.

No corruption here eh?

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I have a suggestion. Build the wall and get the Saudis to pay for it.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Those Mexicans are too busy looking for women to rape. They have no time for digging tunnels
Some made it across both borders
they are looking for you too girly whirly
;)
on account of you got purdy lips I bet
and mexicans being latin, insult easy and don't like racists
they prolly got some democrats to leak your IP, and should be at your moms'[sic] house shortly
have fun with your new friends

wanna see a good mexican jail movie?
Get the Gringo (2012)
A career criminal nabbed by Mexican authorities is placed in a tough prison where he learns to survive with the help of a young boy.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1567609/
a really good Mel Gibson moment

ain't no country club down there

Last edited:

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
Not talking to the US means economic trouble for Mexico. WRT the US being snubbed, diplomatically speaking, who cares?

From the US perspective, what value is Mexico? How would putting the brakes on trade or the flow of people across the border damage the US? IOW, is there any value to a relationship with them? Whether he likes it or not, Neito has to reach out. Trump holds all the cards.

Some US companies have manufacturing facilities there, but they can be relocated. How big is tourism? I don't know much about US/Mexico relations, but wonder if the bad from Mexico outweighs the good.

The US State Dept, Dept of Commerce, BATF, etc. must have statistics relating to the costs associated with illegal immigrants, illegal drugs, organized crime other than drugs (smuggling generally) and more.

In the end, I suggest that it is in Mexico's best interests to keep dialog open with the US to keep US dollars, other than illegal ones, flowing south. Mexico's president has to make the grand gestures, not Trump. Based on what little I've seen in the media, and they aren't always reliable, they bring almost nothing to the table.

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
Indeed. There are many ways that the Mexican government can be made to pay for something that the US government should not.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Those Mexicans are too busy looking for women to rape. They have no time for digging tunnels

You do realize that once you write something -you own it. Doesn't matter that you can attribute it to someone else, the fact that you chose to repeat it means that you obviously believe in what was written or said. It would be conducive to the furtherance of the discussion if you were able to persuade yourself to indulge comments of a more worthy note - and much appreciated.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
You do realize that once you write something -you own it. Doesn't matter that you can attribute it to someone else, the fact that you chose to repeat it means that you obviously believe in what was written or said. It would be conducive to the furtherance of the discussion if you were able to persuade yourself to indulge comments of a more worthy note - and much appreciated.

He ain't playing with "a full deck", Mowich!

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
The Internets and phone lines have been on fire between the two countries for a while now, I think. I cannot see anyone being surprised when the US says, "Meh..." at the Mexican diplomats.

No doubt that Trump's people, and Obama's people, and Bushes people all said the same thing. Every US administration has probably asked the Mexicans, "What are you bringing to the table?"

Because I honestly cannot think of anything that the US needs from there. Cheap labour perhaps, but I believe the US government and US big business can outsource elsewhere. IOW, Mexico needs the US more than the US needs Mexico.

HarperCons

Council Member
Oct 18, 2015
lol mexico isn't paying for ****. and **** trump for thinking he can dump a financial burden on a country already deep in poverty.

mexicans aren't risking their lives crossing the border cause they're just curious..

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
Because I honestly cannot think of anything that the US needs from there. Cheap labour perhaps, but I believe the US government and US big business can outsource elsewhere. IOW, Mexico needs the US more than the US needs Mexico.

What the U.S. loses in trade with Mexico could mean more trade with Canada. Not a bad deal!
Mexico is reacting as if they as being asked to fork over a cheque for the cost of the wall. All they are being asked for is a better, fairer trade deal.
When manufacturing and jobs return to the U.S. the wall will get paid for at Mexico's expense.

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
Along with the wall there needs to be better border control. Manpower isn't effective unless the manpower has the authority to be firm. Imagine what would happen if a border guard shot an illegal trying to cross? I think he should be within his rights to do so.
They should put Sherriff Joe from Arizona in charge of border patrol. He knows how to settle 'em down!

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Along with the wall there needs to be better border control. Manpower isn't effective unless the manpower has the authority to be firm.

Those issues are being resolved as well. The U.S Border Patrol has new directives now. The wall (which Mexico will pay for) is only part of the solution.

How do we know Mexico has the money?

They have it.

It will be easier if they do just write the check but I understand they need to save face. They should have solved this problem years ago.