Last Days Prophecy

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
"Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near. Even so, when you see all these things, you know that it is near, right at the door." (Matthew 24:32-33 NIV)

In Scripture, the fig tree represents the nation of Israel, God's prophetic and historic timepiece.

Mahan

Electoral Member
Feb 27, 2015
Islamic Republic of Iran
hmmm ... prophecy might be Interesting but remember this point Resurrection and Apocalypse are two separate subject . Resurrection is unpredictable and sudden but Apocalypse has some Signs

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
hmmm ... prophecy might be Interesting but remember this point Resurrection and Apocalypse are two separate subject . Resurrection is unpredictable and sudden but Apocalypse has some Signs

Welcome to the discussion, Mahan.

apocalypse (n.)
late 14c., "revelation, disclosure," from Church Latin apocalypsis "revelation," from Greek apokalyptein "uncover, disclose, reveal," from apo- "from" (see apo-) + kalyptein "to cover, conceal" (see Calypso).
Online Etymology Dictionary

The apocalypse of Scripture is often misunderstood as a protracted period of "bully" God smiting the created world in order to be rid of it. In truth, the revelation of Jesus Christ is the continuation of God's manifest expression of mercy and grace to humanity.

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
Is it possible for prophecy to be fulfilled but go unrecognized? In such an instance, would the problem lie with the quality of the revelation or the awareness of the witness?

Yes, fulfilled prophecy does go unrecognized.

"The call of God is not just for a select few but for everyone. Whether I hear God’s call or not depends on the condition of my ears, and exactly what I hear depends upon my spiritual attitude."
Oswald Chambers, My Utmost for His Highest

The problem lies with the awareness of the witness.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Yes, fulfilled prophecy does go unrecognized.

"The call of God is not just for a select few but for everyone. Whether I hear God’s call or not depends on the condition of my ears, and exactly what I hear depends upon my spiritual attitude."
Oswald Chambers, My Utmost for His Highest

The problem lies with the awareness of the witness.
Hey, Motar!

Come the Rapture, can I have your stuff?

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
Prophecies if they are true, they will come to be true.
Prophecies of the coming of many prophets predicting their coming and describing some events had taken place in the past; the reason for the prophecy is to let people anticipate the coming of that particular prophet.
This was true about Moses: there were such prophecies about his coming, when the Children of Israel anticipated the coming of Moses as their savior.
Jesus also. John Baptist before him.
And there were many prophecies before the coming of Jesus, among people.
There were three persons the people at that time were anticipating: the Christ, the Prophet [Mohammed] and Elia of the Last Days.
So when John Baptist started to admonish people, some people scholars came and asked him:
We see you speak with authority: who are you? Are you the Christ [the Messieh]? He said: I am not him.
They said are you the Prophet [Mohammed]? He said: I am not him.
They said are you Elia [of the Last Days (the Mahdi whose part of his name is also Ali which means Elia in Hebrew)? He said: I am not him.
They said: What are you then? He said: I am a voice in the wilderness to prepare the way before the Christ.

These prophecies about the Last Day and their explanation:
The Disagreement of the

Refer also to the Gospel of John 1: 19-23

Last edited:

Mahan

Electoral Member
Feb 27, 2015
Islamic Republic of Iran
They said are you Elia [of the Last Days (the Mahdi whose part of his name is also Ali which means Elia in Hebrew)? He said: I am not him.

thanks selfsame but I should add some experssions :
As Shia Muslim we believe ALi is our first Imam and Mahdi is our last Imam , we believe Mahdi is Alive and he'll came back with Jesus and Khidr and Elijah . the name of Mahdi is our twelf Imam's Title means who God guided him . his real name is another thing
and also I found Elia name in some Georgian Christian Resources . Ali Ibn Abi Talib real name was Heidar but Prophet Muhammad chanded it to Ali , also you can find Heidar name in Torah .

"Nevertheless I tell you the truth: It is expedient for you that I go away; for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I go, I will send him unto you." "And he, when he is come, will convict the world in respect of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:" "of sin, because they believe not on me " "f righteousness, because I go to the Father, and ye behold me no more" "of judgment, because the prince of this world hath been judged " " I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now" John 16 : 7-12

"and when (prophet) jesus, the son of mary said: 'children of israel, i am sent to you by allah to confirm the torah that was before me, and to give news of a messenger (prophet muhammad) who will come after me whose name shall be ahmad. ' yet when he came to them with clear proofs, they said: 'this is clear sorcery" Quran 61 : 6

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
"Nevertheless I tell you the truth: It is expedient for you that I go away; for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I go, I will send him unto you."...John 16 : 7-12

In the Common Jewish Bible, the Counselor is introduced in John 14:

"If you love me, you will keep my commands; and I will ask the Father, and he will give you another comforting Counselor like me, the Spirit of Truth, to be with you forever." (John 14:15-16 CJB)

The Counselor is a Spirit.

"But the Counselor, the Ruach HaKodesh, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you everything; that is, he will remind you of everything I have said to you." (John 14:26 CJB)

The Counselor is a Spirit of Truth.

"When the Counselor comes, whom I will send you from the Father — the Spirit of Truth, who keeps going out from the Father — he will testify on my behalf." (John 15:26 CJB)

The Counselor teaches, testifies about and guides into truth.

"However, when the Spirit of Truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own initiative but will say only what he hears. He will also announce to you the events of the future." (John 16:13 CJB)

And the Counselor announces future events.

Last edited:

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
In the Common Jewish Bible, the Counselor is introduced in John 14:

"If you love me, you will keep my commands; and I will ask the Father, and he will give you another comforting Counselor like me, the Spirit of Truth, to be with you forever." (John 14:15-16 CJB)

The Counselor is a Spirit.

"But the Counselor, the Ruach HaKodesh, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you everything; that is, he will remind you of everything I have said to you." (John 14:26 CJB)

The Counselor is a Spirit of Truth.

"When the Counselor comes, whom I will send you from the Father — the Spirit of Truth, who keeps going out from the Father — he will testify on my behalf." (John 15:26 CJB)

The Counselor teaches, testifies about and guides into truth.

"However, when the Spirit of Truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own initiative but will say only what he hears. He will also announce to you the events of the future." (John 16:13 CJB)

And the Counselor announces future events.

How well does the Comforter, the Spirit of Truth square with the spirit of taqiyya, Mahan?

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
This thread need wildebeests....
Where's EagleSmack when he's needed....
Sunning himself and drinking rum on the Islands

Last edited:

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013

"What has been will be again, and what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun." (Ecclesiastes 1:9)

There is however something new under the Son : ) "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: the old has gone, the new is here!" (2 Corinthians 5:17 NIV)

Gilgamesh

Council Member
Nov 15, 2014
Religion is by its very nature irrational. This is another word for describing a codified structured mass insanity.

As such t comforts the weak minded.

As such it is rubbish.

Much of the Old Testament was stolen from earlier Sumerian legends by a bunch of Hebrew nomads whose God (!) said that the earth is flat & the sun revolves around the earth.

The New Testament contradicts itself so much that it is laughable. The legends of virgin birth, miracles etc. were all taken from other cults of the time

Let us all be thankful that the Vatican et al does not have the power today that it did centuries ago, or we wouldn't dare discuss this.

Islam is an Abrahamic religion as are Judaism and Christianity. If you wish to see insanity and pure evil in action, look to Islamic fundamentals.

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
Islam is an Abrahamic religion as are Judaism and Christianity.

"The Lord had said to Abram, 'Go from your country, your people and your father’s household to the land I will show you. I will make you into a great nation, and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you." (Genesis 12:1-3 NIV)

Having received nothing but blessing through my association with Abraham, GGM, I wonder why your experience with him has been such a negative one.

"Understand, then, that those who have faith are children of Abraham. Scripture foresaw that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, and announced the gospel in advance to Abraham: 'All nations will be blessed through you.' So those who rely on faith are blessed along with Abraham, the man of faith." (Galatians 3:7-9 NIV)

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
Who gives a rat's A$$? Save it for the Bible Thumpers!

You evidence the power inherent in the Biblical words by your passionate response to them, JLM.

"For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart." (Hebrews 4:12 NIV)

Gilgamesh

Council Member
Nov 15, 2014
In scripture the fig tree does NOT represent Israel.

The fig tree represents a fig tree.