DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,

Excellent rebuttal.........

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
this lispy pony is a reader, a speaker of someone else's words (kinda like barry down south). he is a drama teacher. he reads from his magic cue wordy thing there. he reads the words of brent butts. oh sure, big bro brent will likely sit the kid down and explain a cole's notes version to him over a latter but the words are butts. and pony recites them.

and when the think-for-yourself debates come, and there will be plenty of those this time, :lol: , the mopped-topped entitled yute will stammer and wink and flick his hair but to no avail.

but yay, mcgill...or something.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
No, I'm pretty sure you assumed something about me that was incorrect and now you are salty.

I mean, you obviously didn't state you were salty, but your silence on saltiness just reinforces how salty you really are.

BruSan

Electoral Member
Jul 5, 2011
I hear the bell ringing; schoolyard recess is over. It's time to gather up yer toys and return them to the toy-box to once again resume some cognitive thinking.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I hear the bell ringing; schoolyard recess is over. It's time to gather up yer toys and return them to the toy-box to once again resume some cognitive thinking.
Trudeau says something true about Cons and the cons get their knackers in a knot. About sums it up.After slamming Trudeau ever since he became leader of the Libs (typical Con character assassination tactic) they get a slight taste of their own medicine and cry foul. Retarded adolescence is a biotch. So sad, they mad.

Last edited:

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Conservative party nourishes terror threats to bolster political fortunes

When an Al Shabab video surfaced last month threatening a terror strike on the West Edmonton Mall, the federal government could have done a couple of things.

It could have responsibly assured Canadians that there was no credible threat, there was no need to overreact and the government was maintaining vigilance.

Or, the governing party could have used a screen grab of a hooded Al Shabab fighter with the West Edmonton Mall logo and its co-ordinates in the background and tried to build support and ultimately raise funds from the threat.

It should surprise no one that the federal Conservative party this week chose the second option.

This is not to dismiss threats. Envelopes of white powder sent to the offices of Conservative cabinet ministers in Quebec are proof again there are threats in this country.

But there is a difference between dealing with threats and using them for political gain.

When the Al Shabab video was made public, Public Safety Minister Steven Blaney struggled toward the high road, saying Canada would not be intimidated and promised his government was monitoring threats and would protect Canadians and Albertans, before offering the obligatory plug for the government’s anti-terror legislation.

But barely a week later, the Al Shabab threat was on the Conservative Party home page, quoting the threat: “If just a handful of Mujahedeen fighters could bring Kenya to a complete standstill for nearly a week, then imagine . . . if such an attack was to occur in . . . the West Edmonton Mall in Canada.’’

There is an argument that reproducing the threat could be interpreted as promoting terrorism under the government’s own anti-terrorism legislation being promoted here.

By continuing to flog the threat, it merely raises the possibility of a backlash against the Somali community in Edmonton.

But the Conservatives didn’t stop there.

“This hit home for me last week,’’ Conservative MP Tim Uppal, the minister of state for multiculturalism, says in his own fundraising appeal.

“A terrorist organization identified the West Edmonton Mall — near my riding of Edmonton–Sherwood Park — as a target for a terrorist attack. This group was responsible for an attack on a mall in Kenya which killed 66 people. Our police are taking the threat seriously.”

As Edmonton Journal columnist Paula Simons pointed out this week, authorities in her city immediately declared there was no immediate threat to the mall.

Al Shabab has never struck outside East Africa, although the video does raise the fear of a self-radicalized Canadian taking up the call — another reason for the Conservatives to get it off their website.

At very least, this can’t be helping business at the mall.

When you’re sparking a backlash in your heartland, maybe, just maybe, you’ve crossed a line.
Edmonton Centre MP Laurie Hawn spoke up against the posting, saying he wouldn’t have done it if he was in charge.

But Thursday, Hawn, a three-term MP and former parliamentary secretary, would not discuss the matter. His office referred calls to Conservative headquarters.

“This is an issue that is of concern to many Canadians, and we’re going to continue to communicate with them on it,’’ said party spokesperson Cory Hann.

“We should all be troubled when jihadi terrorists single out very specific locations in our country, and call on their followers to attack it.’’

He also said it is not a fundraising campaign.

It does, however, invite those who support the party’s attempts to keep Canada “glorious and free” to sign in. They would be presumably contacted later for donations.

The messaging is clear — support us or terrorists are going to storm your local mall.

The day before, Prime Minister Stephen Harper signalled he will introduce amendments to virtually eliminate parole for the country’s most brutal killers.

The message here — vote for us, or old convicted killers are going to be stalking your neighbourhood.

The legislation isn’t needed. It isn’t even new.

In 1992, Liberal Stan Keyes of Hamilton introduced a private member’s bill that would have done the same.

“Life would mean life,’’ Keyes said in the Commons, championing his ill-fated bill.

Almost 23 years later the Conservatives will use the tough new sentencing law as a wedge against their opponents — go ahead, you “hug-a-thug” Liberals and New Democrats, vote to have killers roaming our streets. We dare you.

Terrorists at the mall. Killers walking free.

Scary old country, this Canada, eh? That’s just the way the Conservatives want it.

http://m.thestar.com/#/article/news...to-bolster-political-fortunes-tim-harper.html

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

Was this country not BUILT on CHRISTIAN philosophies? Does the Canadian national anthem say Allahkeep our land? Buddah keep ourland? NO IT SAYS "GOD KEEP OUR LAND" Lets get back to what our country was builton.

The country was built on the the dead bodies of the original inhabitants and their cultural genocide. Is that what Christian values are all about?

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Justin Trudeau's "repugnant" speech distorts history, ignores statistics -- and insults Canadians

In a speech Monday night, Liberal Party leader Justin Trudeau said that those who disagree with him on matters like immigration, assimilation and multiculturalism are bigots.

I take issue with a great deal of what Trudeau told the McGill Alumni Association, particularly his repugnant comparison of Canada's anti-Semitic immigration policies circa WWII, to the situation Muslim immigrants face today.

How can he possibly equate asking Muslim women to show their faces during citizenship ceremonies, to shipping Jewish refugees back to Europe and to almost certain death?

Justin Trudeau needs a history lesson -- not to mention a course in statistics.

He simply doesn't have the facts when it comes to Canadian immigration policy, or history.

Justin Trudeau's "repugnant" speech distorts history, ignores statistics - The Rebel

shiny's vacuous view of the world and those that clap-clap for him is funny.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
No, I'm pretty sure you assumed something about me that was incorrect and now you are salty.

I mean, you obviously didn't state you were salty, but your silence on saltiness just reinforces how salty you really are.

You sure are going to a lot of effort in this... One might think that even you are doubting your own words

Trudeau says something true about Cons and the cons get their knackers in a knot. About sums it up.After slamming Trudeau ever since he became leader of the Libs (typical Con character assassination tactic) they get a slight taste of their own medicine and cry foul. Retarded adolescence is a biotch. So sad, they mad.

Cons slamming Trudeau?

Hardly, all that is being done is repeating Justine's own words for all to hear.

They matter to Flossy, after all, he posts them non-stop when the poll result suits him.

... Interesting, he hasn't been posting those polls for quite some time

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Hopefully it will grab some votes.

For the other parties it most probably will.

Man, you would sell your mom for a tax break. 8O :p

This is not about a few extra bucks in your pocket. Harper is a dangerous psycho with delusions of grandeur. He is secretive, controlling, manipulative and anything but transparent. He sold us out to the Chinese, he abandoned our veterans, bailed out his buddies and stuck us with the bill. He said we would not recognize Canada when he was through with it and he has kept that promise. ABC: anyone but conservative.

It is all about keeping a few extra bucks in MY pocket. Especially since they were my bucks to begin with. Harper is making Canada much more like it should be. I hope he wins another majority since there is still so much that is wrong to fix.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
The country was built on the dead bodies of the original inhabitants

It was a travesty what happened to the Italians, Irish, Poles, Ukrainians and Chinese.

and their cultural genocide. Is that what Christian values are all about?

I am interested in learning about who is considered an original inhabitant and who they may have displaced.

All the same, as a group, they received substantial bennies

Because the aggregates haven't changed. But if you must know:
He was a good man Flossy, it is a shame that he is gone. He will always be remembered for, well uhh, his nice hair

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

It was a travesty what happened to the Italians, Irish, Poles, Ukrainians and Chinese.

I am interested in learning about who is considered an original inhabitant and who they may have displaced.

All the same, as a group, they received substantial bennies
That is OK Rummy. We make allowances for your ignorance that is typical of white colonialist attitudes. And you are not interested in learning anything that does not fortify your prejudices against the indigenous peoples. If you were, you would have educated yourself a long time ago.