Judge William Adams beats daughter for using the internet

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Her mother said she herself was abused

That's always the b.s. excuse when they get caught isn't it? I was abused as a child. I did not grow up to abuse my children. Nor did I allow anyone else to do it.

For as long as she put up with it I am glad she waited. It wasn't opportune to post it so long ago. Now videos like this go viral and fast.

She let the genie out of the bottle perfectly timed.

Well, I hope she heals and I hope they pay.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I don't believe that there's anything wrong with spanking a child, but I'm talking about spanking, not beating. And I'm talking about a child, not a 14 or 16 year old.

This guy is nuts, or at least he was when he did this. Taking a belt and beating a teenager while you swear at them is not discipline. It's abuse and anger.

Having now seen the video (or the 2 minutes I could stand) this clearly is over the line.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I wonder if anybody has come out on his side. Or should I say - I wonder if anybody has dared to come out on his side?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Corporal punishment has saved many kids.
I have no problem with corporal punishment. What I saw was not corporal punishment. What I saw was someone in a fit of rage beating someone for disobeying his orders. I don't think that kind of physical abuse is even tolerated in the military.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I have no problem with corporal punishment. What I saw was not corporal punishment. What I saw was someone in a fit of rage beating someone for disobeying his orders. I don't think that kind of physical abuse is even tolerated in the military.

That is not corporal punishment. That is a beating.

Tomato tomato.

I was beaten with a wooden paddle, ruler, pointer sticks, a rosary.

In school, and juvy.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
That is not corporal punishment. That is a beating.

If the parent is swearing and screaming at the child, it's not punishment/discipline. It's a fit of anger and rage, in which the parent has lost control of themselves.
If the parent is beating the kid on the legs and threatens to smash their face with a belt, that's not discipline.

But I expect there are people who disagree; I've seen cases where parent break kids bones and burn them in order to teach them a lesson, once in a while, someone tosses a toddler down the stairs to teach it proper manners.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
What if the child has pushed the boundaries beyond all reason?

Are parents allowed to get frustrated with a wholly unruly child?

What if Olsen's parents took steps such as these, and we never heard of him?

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011

So.. do you think that this is what we should tell muslims to do instead of stoning there kids to death?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
So are you suggesting that this is what we tell muslims to do instead of stoning there kids to death?
No, Can you point out where I even inferred that?

But I must say, I'd prefer welts, and years of therapy, as apposed to death thanks.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Looking at that video (on TV) now. Leaves one speachless. Sure these things go on ......that is a given. But when a judge.....a supposedly respected one , beats a teenager.

then his remarks come across as an arrogant SOB so confident in himself and his actions.

Sure is nice to have UTube and the media to show the ugliness of such behavior. It might actually reach some offenders.of same.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
If the parent is swearing and screaming at the child, it's not punishment/discipline. It's a fit of anger and rage, in which the parent has lost control of themselves.

Indeed. They have also lost control ( the good kind) of their child(ren).

What makes this even worse is that the victim has cerebral Palsey

this is a CRIME .......

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
After rereading your post, I edited mine.

Still you can agree we may not be as civilized, as we think or say?
I know I'm far more civilized than the judge, I wouldn't seriously compare him to someone that thinks honour killing is a valid act.

And I think he's far more civilized than anyone that would stone a 9 year old rape victim to death.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
After rereading your post, I edited mine.

I know I'm far more civilized than the judge, I wouldn't seriously compare him to someone that thinks honour killing is a valid act.

And I think he's far more civilized than anyone that would stone a 9 year old rape victim to death.

I agree. But who are we to judge?

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008

Children can and do push boundaries beyond all reason. A beating still isn't the answer. Loss of privileges works well.
Parents will get frustrated. Everyone gets frustrated at times but adult people are expected to control that frustration. It's called learning patience. (the old - "a child who lives with criticizm learns to condemn").
Any parent who cannot conrol their frustrations must leave the situation until they are in control of their emotions.
This child had no one in her corner. She had a mother who was urging on the father and then took a few swings of her own. I was stunned. I've seen men lose their temper (and women) but mothers step in. They don't help the beater.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
The people that don't stone 9 year old rape victims to death.

Have you ever stopped and thought that they don't live in the same reality then us.
And that if we put ourselves in there reality we would act in the same way they do.

We are privileged to live with running water, Electricity
Roads, transportation. Etc... The list go's on and on.

Put yourself in there shoes and you could be surprised to act the same way they do.
Would you agree?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Children can and do push boundaries beyond all reason. A beating still isn't the answer. Loss of privileges works well.
Parents will get frustrated. Everyone gets frustrated at times but adult people are expected to control that frustration. It's called learning patience. (the old - "a child who lives with criticizm learns to condemn").
Any parent who cannot conrol their frustrations must leave the situation until they are in control of their emotions.
This child had no one in her corner. She had a mother who was urging on the father and then took a few swings of her own. I was stunned. I've seen men lose their temper (and women) but mothers step in. They don't help the beater.
What if Clifford Olsen's parents took this approach, and we never heard of Clifford Olsen?

Have you ever stopped and thought that they don't live in the same reality then us.
I know they do.

And that if we put ourselves in there reality we would act in the same way they do.
Killing a 9 year old rape victim, is wrong in any reality.

We are privileged to live with running water, Electricity
Roads, transportation. Etc... The list go's on and on.
I didn't have electricity, running water, until I was 8. Stoning 9 year old rape victims still doesn't look valid.

Put yourself in there shoes and you could be surprised to act the same way they do.
Doubt it.

Would you agree?
No.

Did you watch the video?