Jordan: Explosions

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
That is to be expected from the terrorists. They are against freedom and against countries that respect democracy. That is why they launch these cowardly attacks.

Jordan, one of our Middle Eastern allies in the war on terror will not let this little setback discourage it's fight. King Abdullah of Jordan will surely not give in to the terroists. He will hunt these guys down, mark my words.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
Maybe your friend Abdullah is behind the attacks because Bush's popularity is so low now. They need to re-invent the boogyman.

I am really having hard time understanding that a guy (Zarqawi) and a bunch of supporters are behind all of the sophisticated horror. In Iraq, the sidewalk bombs are said to be very sophisticated now. Today, 3 simultaneous bombs in western hotels went unchecked. Where is the American intelligence and other government intelligence that are fighting "the war on terror?

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
The government in Jordan has done an outstanding job to clamp down on any potential dissent or al Qaeda or militants. And up until today, they were successful. However, we need to remember that Jordan borders with Syria, Saudi Arabia, the West Bank, Israel and Iraq. There is a very likely chance that the terrorists that perpetrated these attacks were from Syria. After all, the Syrian government lets terrorists operate freely within the country.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
Nero. Are you falling for the Bush new plan for Syria. Why would Syria be involved in bombing Jordan. They must have a very good reason to do so and I don't see any.

Jordan has been successful so far because it is a locked-down country. You have to visit it to know what I mean. You can't walk into a bank before you are stripped search. Somehow, the perpetrators got away with it this time (if not inside job).

Syria has the most to lose at this time. So do not assume they are that stupid. However I think Bush would love to connect it to Syria since he still has few hundred thousands cluster bombs around.

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
Well, for the same reason Syria went after another of our Middle Eastern allies, Lebanon. Why did Syrian intelligence assassinate former Lebanese Prime Minister Rafik Hariri? What did he ever do to deserve this???

Terrorism is rooted in the Assad family, Mog. It extends from one generation to the other as has been shown recently. Canada, the European Union and the US have all pressured Syria to disband the Hamas headquarters there since all three have categorized Hamas as a terrorist group. However, Syria has done nothing.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
Nero,

As you know by now, I am of Lebanese decent and PM Hariri was a very good man and did not deserve this kind of death.

However, there is no proof whatsoever that Syria is involved in his killing. I am not a fan of Syria or any other country but we have to be truthful and assume innocence before we can point fingers at Syria. Mehlis Report named suspects (both Lebanese and Syrian) but has not yet proved Syrian involvement.

Now, the US, Canada, and the EU have no business telling Syria and other countries how they should run their countries. This is exactly what is causing problems between countries. Why doesn't the US say to Israel "Well, we all know that you have 200 nuclear warheads and you are still denying. So we are going to tell you one more time or else we are going to invade you."

Give me one example that either Iraq, Iran, or Syria have been involved in International terrorism. They might be harsh with no human rights given to their own people but they are not international terrorists. At least I can't find any link.

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
Re: RE: Jordan: Explosions

moghrabi said:
Give me one example that either Iraq, Iran, or Syria have been involved in International terrorism. They might be harsh with no human rights given to their own people but they are not international terrorists. At least I can't find any link.

Well Mog, as you are aware, we don't measure a country's involvment with terrorism by the amount of terrorist attacks within the country. We measure it on the position the ruling government has taken towards terrorism.

Example, Saudia Arabia and Pakistan, also strong Middle Eastern allies. There have been countless terrorist attacks in both countries however, both governments go after the terrorists and do not let them roam freely. They will not and should not cave in to the terrorists. Syria on the other hand turns a blind eye. I am not sure about the current position in Iran, however there was indeed state sponsored terrorism there in the past.

As for Iraq when Saddam was in power. There might have been links to Al Qaeda or not, we're not sure. What is certain however, is he did reward the familes of suicide bombers tens of thousands of dollars.

Governments need to arrest anyone living within their borders that they know are terrorists, both foreign and local.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
Most terrorist come from countries friendly to to the US. 9/11 terrorists are from Saudi Arabia. Today's terrorists from Jordan and the list goes on.

As for Iran involvement, I doubt it had any. The only time it had a confrontation with the US was in 1979 during the revolution. Iraq link to terrorists is Nil. Saddam giving money to suicide bombers was another US maneuver to invade.

If you want Syria to stop its own terrorists, first it has to have some.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
That is to be expected from the terrorists. They are against freedom and against countries that respect democracy. That is why they launch these cowardly attacks.

IF you are so confident of the terrorist mentality/mindset......why not offer up some INTELLIGENT resolution to the issue??? Just because the moron in the house of horrors said they are against freedoms.......does not make it so. How on earth can you buy into his crap???

Notice the hotels attacked were U.S. Interests. the U.S has made itself a bullseye in this mess. ....and it has a lot to do with how the US has been treating people in the ME....(with bias and prejudice ) and the US ME foreign policy.

These attacks are NOT cowardly.......they are making a statement from THEIR position..........albeit destructively. If they had the same military capability the US has........can you imagine what a fecking mess this planet would be in?? ( as if it can be more of one than it is at the moment. Now why on earth would a moronic idiot inflame the ME even more with an elective invasion is beyond comprhension..............and save the "liberating the Iraqis " crap for the naive or other dumbed down americans.

HINT to america: stop inciting hostilities.(provocative conduct and words)......and try EFFECTIVE diplomatic techniques and some humanitarianism. There is a VAST number of tools at your disposal..........but "you" (america) is too fecking stubborn or blind to use them.--- or maybe just too stupid now. "you" are so full of yourself that you have lost sight of your own limitations and humility.

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
I agree that Saudi Arabia and Jordan both have home grown terrorists, Mog. All countries do. However, operations within these countries are limitied due to heavy government crackdowns. Example, during the recent terrorist attacks in Riyadh Saudi Arabia, the government forces immediately went after the terrorists.

I'm also aware that most of the 9/11 terrorists were from Saudi Arabia, but like I noted earlier, you can't blame a government for actions of a small fringe group that hides in the shadows like cowards.

Shiva

Electoral Member
Sep 8, 2005
Toronto

no1important said:
I am not trying to offend anyone but "W" seems to have the same mindset or way of thinking as Hitler in more way than one.

I was unaware of that. Which genocide is Bush responsible for?

Shiva

Electoral Member
Sep 8, 2005
Toronto

moghrabi said:
Maybe your friend Abdullah is behind the attacks because Bush's popularity is so low now. They need to re-invent the boogyman.

I am really having hard time understanding that a guy (Zarqawi) and a bunch of supporters are behind all of the sophisticated horror. In Iraq, the sidewalk bombs are said to be very sophisticated now. Today, 3 simultaneous bombs in western hotels went unchecked. Where is the American intelligence and other government intelligence that are fighting "the war on terror?

So Arabs are too stupid to do something sophisticated in your opinion?

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

Shiva said:
no1important said:
I am not trying to offend anyone but "W" seems to have the same mindset or way of thinking as Hitler in more way than one.

that is not the only characteristic that defines Hitler and his ilk. One could say that the killings in Iraq are a form of genocide too. It was ELECTIVE and by choice. Plus there is so much we don't know as it is wrapped in secrecy. Different era , different methodology.

........but BACK to topic...... once again.....it is US interests that are being targeted. There is a big HINT In there folks.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
As OB mentioned. These people are making a statement yet a destructive one. They are not cowards at all. I can't see how a suicide bomber be a coward if he is able to walk into a place strapped to the teeth with explosives and BOOOOOOOOOOOM.

These people are dying and killing to tell the world something. They will keep at it until you either get the message or obliterate them (which is extremely hard because you don't who they are or where they are. They come from everywhere and at the time of their choosing.

Shiva

Electoral Member
Sep 8, 2005
Toronto

Ocean Breeze said:
Shiva said:
no1important said:

that is not the only characteristic that defines Hitler and his ilk. One could say that the killings in Iraq are a form of genocide too. It was ELECTIVE and by choice. Plus there is so much we don't know as it is wrapped in secrecy. Different era , different methodology.

Do you know what genocide even means? It's the destruction of an entire group of people by killing them all. The Americans are hardly systematically killing all Iraqis, though they have killed many Iraqis (I don't know the exact number...the thousands?). Either you killed everyone or you didn't. You can't say it's a 'form' of genocide. That's like being 'kind of' pregnant.

no1important said:
........but BACK to topic...... once again.....it is US interests that are being targeted. There is a big HINT In there folks.

Sure. It says that the interests of the attackers are advanced by attacking American targets.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada

Shiva said:
moghrabi said:

You know exactly my point. No need to be sarcastic. This kind of viewpoint is causing a major rift between civilizations.

Shiva

Electoral Member
Sep 8, 2005
Toronto

moghrabi said:
As OB mentioned. These people are making a statement yet a destructive one. They are not cowards at all. I can't see how a suicide bomber be a coward if he is able to walk into a place strapped to the teeth with explosives and BOOOOOOOOOOOM.

Attacking unarmed people when you know you have the advantage and those you're attacking can't fight back is the definition of a coward, is it not?

moghrabi said:
These people are dying and killing to tell the world something.

Even tyrants have their followers die and kill people to tell the world something. Just because people are dying for something and killing for something doesn't mean they have a good cause. ;)

moghrabi said:
They will keep at it until you either get the message or obliterate them (which is extremely hard because you don't who they are or where they are. They come from everywhere and at the time of their choosing.

I think Americans have heard the message, and they're killing them wherever they can find them...and trying to destory their political support in the process. ;)

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

moghrabi said:

These people are dying and killing to tell the world something. They will keep at it until you either get the message or obliterate them (which is extremely hard because you don't who they are or where they are. They come from everywhere and at the time of their choosing.

exactly.........and this is why it is such a joke that bush would say something about timing of his choosing. He tried to level the psychological playing field with such a remark......and it does not fly. and the "terrorists" know it. They also know that they have the upper hand, are in control , and can bide their time for months or years and then spring into action if they want to. This is why it is so imperative for SMART strategy , think tank ideas as opposed to basic military intervention. Terrorists who have the guts to blow themselves up..........have nothing to fear of the US bombs ......

fear is the american achillies heel . and the terrorists know it.

Shiva

Electoral Member
Sep 8, 2005
Toronto

moghrabi said:
Shiva said:
moghrabi said:

You know exactly my point. No need to be sarcastic. This kind of viewpoint is causing a major rift between civilizations.

You're saying it couldn't be Arabs because they're not sophisticated enough to pull it off. I personally disagree. They are sophisticated enough to pull it off, and they have the support of key Sunnis in Iraq who know the ins and outs of the country.

Shiva

Electoral Member
Sep 8, 2005
Toronto

Ocean Breeze said:
Terrorists who have the guts to blow themselves up..........have nothing to fear of the US bombs ......

They probably fear being blown up before they can blow up others in the process. That's what they're afraid of when it comes to American bombs. ;)