Jim Flaherty is dead

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
The thread's title is 'Jim Flaherty is Dead'.. not Jim Flaherty RIP.. or memorial thread. You start a new thread.. if you want nothing but salivating, saccharine sentiment.

If I could change the title of the thread, I would. I was a bit in shock when I posted it and obviously left it more open than intended.

However, I think it very poor taste to speak ill of the immediately dead in any circumstance. In such situations where you dislike the deceased, the classy thing to do is a simple "RIP" or say nothing at all.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
If I could change the title of the thread, I would. I was a bit in shock when I posted it and obviously left it more open than intended.

However, I think it very poor taste to speak ill of the immediately dead in any circumstance. In such situations where you dislike the deceased, the classy thing to do is a simple "RIP" or say nothing at all.

In a situation like this "Blankety blank is dead" is the perfect headline- that way you are merely reporting and not editorializing. An acceptable response is to express sorrow unless it's about Clifford Olson or Osama bin Laden, then pretty well anything negative is acceptable.