Jesus Loved Gays But Christians Won’t

gc

Electoral Member
May 9, 2006
Maybe many don't go as far as to believe in communism but there is certainly a lot of western self guilt about their wealth. We are wealthy because we have worked hard.

Really? I haven't seen many Christians feel guilty about the fact that they are rich. Most Christians (and non-Christians for that matter) I know try to get their hands on as much money as possible.

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
I'm much more concerned with the hypocrisy of this line:

"I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God" (Matthew 19:24)

How many Christians believe in that line?

Quite a few million, I would suspect.

s243a

Council Member
Mar 9, 2007
Calgary
And you equate these ideologies with teachings of the Church?

The church was the dominant belief system for the majority of western civilization. It is only natural, that much of are beliefs and philosophy are heavily influenced by it.

s243a

Council Member
Mar 9, 2007
Calgary
Really? I haven't seen many Christians feel guilty about the fact that they are rich. Most Christians (and non-Christians for that matter) I know try to get their hands on as much money as possible.

Well, maybe It is the left dominated media that gives me this impression. I just can't help but think that we are constantly told we should feel guilty for this or that. To me it is the idea of original sin. We are born sinful and we must look to some higher authority (government or god) to be saved. Maybe you don't here the same message that I do. It is all about control.

Pangloss

Council Member
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
No, really, s243a -

Yours are idiot ravings - uninformed, poorly constructed and horribly misspelled. I'm not sure how you could be more wrong.

Pangloss

Last edited:

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
The church was the dominant belief system for the majority of western civilization. It is only natural, that much of are beliefs and philosophy are heavily influenced by it.
Research before making statements. Communism as a form of societal living was developed by Karl Marx, who was actually Jewish. In its purest form, based on his writings, it is not an evil way to live. In fact, it is quite similar to the way Jesus taught us to live in the Scriptures.

Marx wrote the Communist Manifesto in Germany and it was actually eventually directed at the Russian imperial regime at the beginning of the last century.

With the exception of it's atheistic undertones, it is not in and of itself an evil philosophy. It did, of course, get corrupted by the evil men are capable of doing to one another.

But again, as a pure philosophy there is really something admirable about it.

s243a

Council Member
Mar 9, 2007
Calgary
No, really, s243a -

Yours are idiot ravings - uninformed, poorly constructed and horribly misspelled. I'm not sure how you could be more wrong.

Pangloss

It is nice that you know everything and no longer feel the need for debate.

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
Well, maybe It is the left dominated media that gives me this impression. I just can't help but think that we are constantly told we should feel guilty for this or that. To me it is the idea of original sin. We are born sinful and we must look to some higher authority (government or god) to be saved. Maybe you don't here the same message that I do. It is all about control.
Again, research is everything. We are not born sinful. We are born with the propensity to sin because of the fall from grace of the original first peoples. We always are in control of our abilities and ways of being.

s243a

Council Member
Mar 9, 2007
Calgary
Communism ... it is not an evil way to live. In fact, it is quite similar to the way Jesus taught us to live in the Scriptures.
Need I say more?
Marx wrote the Communist Manifesto in Germany and it was actually eventually directed at the Russian imperial regime at the beginning of the last century.

With the exception of it's atheistic undertones, it is not in and of itself an evil philosophy. It did, of course, get corrupted by the evil men are capable of doing to one another.

But again, as a pure philosophy there is really something admirable about it.

So does this mean that you think communism can work?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Maybe many don't go as far as to believe in communism but there is certainly a lot of western self guilt about their wealth. We are wealthy because we have worked hard.
Guilt my ass. It never comes to a point that a rich man ever says "Okay that's enough for me, time to let somebody else have my 'position' so they can also become rich." Just go out and give your money away. Giving to a charity so you can get a tax rebate doesn't count BTW.
The 'West' will use every deception in the 'book' to keep that vast majority of money in their hands. You might be rich but unless you are in the 10% that have 90% of the money you probably can't understand what wealth is and how unlikely it is that any of that ever gets out of their hands, unless the goal is to make it 91% when it comes back to them.
For the few pennies you have, you probably hoard them just as carefully as the wealthy do. I think 'the rich' 'look down' on the really 'poor' as being 'somebody else's problem' even if they pass by them daily.
Do you really think it is some fluke of nature the most conflict prone areas of the world just happen to be in locations 'the West' (or the wealthy)has 'interests in'?

An area of new resources is never about, how lucky for those people in that they are going to be getting a LOT of money, it is about how 'the wealthy' can get those 'new resources' without having to fork over any more than necessary. It usually means the 'arms dealers' get much more money that the people who actually live over the resources.

And you wonder why 'being rich' will keep a person out of Heaven.

Lu:16:19:
There was a certain rich man,
which was clothed in purple and fine linen,
and fared sumptuously every day:
Lu:16:20:
And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus,
which was laid at his gate,
full of sores,
Lu:16:21:
And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table:
moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.
Lu:16:22:
And it came to pass,
that the beggar died,
and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom:
the rich man also died,
and was buried;
Lu:16:23:
And in hell he lift up his eyes,
being in torments,
and seeth Abraham afar off,
and Lazarus in his bosom.
Lu:16:24:
And he cried and said,
Father Abraham,
have mercy on me,
and send Lazarus,
that he may dip the tip of his finger in water,
and cool my tongue;
for I am tormented in this flame.
Lu:16:25:
But Abraham said,
Son,
remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things,
and likewise Lazarus evil things:
but now he is comforted,
and thou art tormented.

Do you see anything unjust in the above verses?
The rich man could have easily been in Abraham's bosom as well if he had even done something for the beggar. He did nothing, not even the crumbs went to the beggar.

Are you the 'good Christian" like the verses below describe? (giving words of comfort)

Jas:2:14:
What doth it profit,
my brethren,
though a man say he hath faith,
and have not works?
can faith save him?
Jas:2:15:
If a brother or sister be naked,
and destitute of daily food,
Jas:2:16:
And one of you say unto them,
Depart in peace,
be ye warmed and filled;
notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body;
what doth it profit?
Jas:2:17:
Even so faith,
if it hath not works,
is dead,
being alone.
Jas:2:18:
Yea, a man may say,
Thou hast faith,
and I have works:
shew me thy faith without thy works,
and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
Jas:2:19:
Thou believest that there is one God;
thou doest well:
the devils also believe,
and tremble.
Jas:2:20:
But wilt thou know,
O vain man,
that faith without works is dead?

Edit to add, perhaps you would care to list all the sins of Adam and Eve before Satan entered into the picture.

Last edited:

Pangloss

Council Member
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
Sanctus:

I know this is a little simplistic, but I've long thought that Marx's blind spot was the effect power has on people and the movements they lead.

Few people who get great power are willing to give it up. Revolutions are led by a few, who then end up in charge of the new state.

From dictator to dictator. . .not what he had in mind, I'm sure, but seemingly inevitable.

Pangloss

s243a

Council Member
Mar 9, 2007
Calgary
Again, research is everything. We are not born sinful. We are born with the propensity to sin because of the fall from grace of the original first peoples. We always are in control of our abilities and ways of being.

"ccording to Christian theology, original sin is the fallen state of humanity. The interpretation in Western Christianity is that original sin is the general condition of sinfulness (lack of holiness) into which human beings are born (Psalm 51:5). It is this innate sinfulness makes all people worthy of destruction, though God offers the forgiveness of original sin through the shed blood of His son Jesus. A Western interpretation of original sin is that humans are unable to achieve salvation through their own virtue and efforts. A more extreme version is the concept of total depravity. Eastern Christians generally describe original sin not as inherent sinfulness but as physical and spiritual mortality[1]."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Original_sin

Just because you can find someone that says something does not mean you have invalidated what I said.

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
So does this mean that you think communism can work?

No, I am afraid it cannot because it lacks the presence of Christ in its formation. by that I mean as a theory it relies on the goodness of men alone to share, and so it will fail.

If it is applied to a society of people with the inclusion of Christ to form its moral and spiritual ethos , yes
I believe it can work.

s243a

Council Member
Mar 9, 2007
Calgary
Guilt my ass. It never comes to a point that a rich man ever says "Okay that's enough for me, time to let somebody else have my 'position' so they can also become rich." Just go out and give your money away. Giving to a charity so you can get a tax rebate doesn't count BTW.

That is why people created things like, indulgences, confession, philanthropy, carbon credits affirmative action and apologizing for slavary. Some, people want an easy way to remove their gilt or sin. Otherwise, why would Al Gore be okay with having such a big house.

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
"ccording to Christian theology, original sin is the fallen state of humanity. The interpretation in Western Christianity is that original sin is the general condition of sinfulness (lack of holiness) into which human beings are born (Psalm 51:5). It is this innate sinfulness makes all people worthy of destruction, though God offers the forgiveness of original sin through the shed blood of His son Jesus. A Western interpretation of original sin is that humans are unable to achieve salvation through their own virtue and efforts. A more extreme version is the concept of total depravity. Eastern Christians generally describe original sin not as inherent sinfulness but as physical and spiritual mortality[1]."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Original_sin

Just because you can find someone that says something does not mean you have invalidated what I said.

Please do not presume to educate ME on Catholic theology. Wikipedia is not a theological text, nor is it a reference point used by Holy Mother Church in the formulation of its doctrines and dogmas.