Jesus Loved Gays But Christians Won’t

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
Although. my friend (the Phd student) did also suggest that we all, certainly almost on a daily basis, hear voices in our heads (and these could certainly be speculated as the voice of god)...he suggests he often wakes to hear a banging noise, which apparently is only in his head....

I think perhaps he also drinks a tad too much lol.

s243a

Council Member
Mar 9, 2007
Calgary
If the idea of self guilt wasn't wildly held then why do so many people compare humanity to a virus?

Chukcha

Electoral Member
Sep 19, 2006
Question to Sanctus.
Sorry, didn't have time to read ALL the comments in this topic.
But as far as I understand, you as a Christian, don't consider Gays as good people. Correct me if I am wrong please.
Also, as much as I understand about Jesus, who said that all people are good, and everyone deserves the forgivness, that would include gays, I assume. Well, if it was easy enough to fogive the murderer, who asked for forgiveness, why would it be any exclusion for gays, especially knowing the fact that they are born that way, they not trying to be different.
I would think, that if Mary Magdalene was accepted as prostitute, considering she wasn't born that way, but was trying to earn for living, gays can be accepted too then.
I respect your opinion, Sanctus, it is very important for me to hear your answer.

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
This is catholic teaching? Then how come my Google search: "Joshua bar-Jonah" turns up nothing?

http://www.google.ca/search?q="Josh...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Well, I am at a loss as how to dispute the highly scholastic resources at your disposal such as "google" and/or "wikipedia". Might I presume to use as reference a real encyclopedia?

JESUS

The word Jesus is the Latin form of the Greek Iesous, which in turn is the transliteration of the Hebrew Jeshua, or Joshua, or again Jehoshua, meaning "Jehovah is salvation." Though the name in one form or another occurs frequently in the Old Testament, it was not borne by a person of prominence between the time of Josue, the son of Nun and Josue, the high priest in the days of Zorobabel. It was also the name of the author of Ecclesiaticus, of one of Christ's ancestors mentioned in the genealogy, found in the Third Gospel (Luke 3:29), and one of the St. Paul's companions (Colossians 4:11). During the Hellenizing period, Jason, a purely Greek analogon of Jesus, appears to have been adopted by many (1 Maccabees 8:17; 12:16; 14:22; 2 Maccabees 1:7; 2:24; 4:7-26; 5:5-10; Acts 17:5-9; Romans 16:21). The Greek name is connected with verb iasthai, to heal; it is therefore, not surprising that some of the Greek Fathers allied the word Jesus with same root (Eusebius, "Dem. Ev.", IV; cf. Acts 9:34; 10:38). Though about the time of Christ the name Jesus appears to have been fairly common (Josephus, "Ant.", XV, ix, 2; XVII, xiii, 1; XX, ix, 1; "Bel. Jud.", III, ix, 7; IV, iii, 9; VI, v, 5; "Vit.", 22) it was imposed on our Lord by God's express order (Luke 1:31; Matthew 1:21), to foreshow that the Child was destined to "save his people from their sins." Philo ("De Mutt. Nom.", 21) is therefore, right when he explains Iesous as meaning soteria kyrion; Eusebius (Dem., Ev., IV, ad fin.; P.G., XXII, 333) gives the meaning Theou soterion; while St. Cyril of Jerusalem interprets the word as equivalent to soter (Cat., x, 13; P.G., XXXIII, 677). This last writer, however, appears to agree with Clement of Alexandria in considering the word Iesous as of Greek origin (Paedag., III, xii; P.G., VIII, 677); St. Chrysostom emphasizes again the Hebrew derivation of the word and its meaning soter (Hom., ii, 2), thus agreeing with the exegesis of the angel speaking to St. Joseph (Matthew 1:21).

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
Question to Sanctus.
Sorry, didn't have time to read ALL the comments in this topic.
But as far as I understand, you as a Christian, don't consider Gays as good people. Correct me if I am wrong please.

Chuckcha, we are all, essentially , good people. This includes homosexuals. I actually have a childhood friend who lives in the homosexual lifestyle. He is a fine, upstanding man. What is disliked, not hated, is the behaviour. In short, we are taught that all sexual activity outside the bonds of Holy Matrimony, is a sin in the eyes of God. It violates the trust we have in one another as man and wife, and as people trying to live in a manner best pleasing to God. In short, the classic cliche "hate the sin, love the sinner".

Also, as much as I understand about Jesus, who said that all people are good, and everyone deserves the forgivness, that would include gays, I assume. Well, if it was easy enough to fogive the murderer, who asked for forgiveness, why would it be any exclusion for gays, especially knowing the fact that they are born that way, they not trying to be different.
I would think, that if Mary Magdalene was accepted as prostitute, considering she wasn't born that way, but was trying to earn for living, gays can be accepted too then.
I respect your opinion, Sanctus, it is very important for me to hear your answer.

I am not certain I accept it is a "fact" that a homosexual person is born disposed to living as a homosexual. I am sure there are genetic factors, but can't say for certain to my own satisfaction, yet.

But even so, my dear child, everyone who seeks God is forgiven by Him. His love is boundless and His mercy unfathomable.
St. Mary Magdalene was not accepted as a "prostitute", but for her own self. And as for her lifestyle, that our Lord asked her to surrender, to "sin no more". In fact, despite the very secular mis-interpretation of the Gospels, Jesus mentions sin far more than He does love. Accepting a person as a being in God does not mean to suggest that God condones that persons behaviour, or that He is suggesting that behaviour should continue.

I sense there is more to your questions than is apparent on a public forum. Please feel free, for any reason, to PM me and I can give you my e-mail address if you wish to share in private. I will not rain down fire and brimstone on you, I assure you. Nor will I judge you. I can promise to offer you an "ear"(as far as one can do so online:) ), and perhaps offer what small amount of advice as you may require.

Chukcha

Electoral Member
Sep 19, 2006
Chuckcha, we are all, essentially , good people. This includes homosexuals. I actually have a childhood friend who lives in the homosexual lifestyle. He is a fine, upstanding man. What is disliked, not hated, is the behaviour. In short, we are taught that all sexual activity outside the bonds of Holy Matrimony, is a sin in the eyes of God. It violates the trust we have in one another as man and wife, and as people trying to live in a manner best pleasing to God. In short, the classic cliche "hate the sin, love the sinner".

I am not certain I accept it is a "fact" that a homosexual person is born disposed to living as a homosexual. I am sure there are genetic factors, but can't say for certain to my own satisfaction, yet.

But even so, my dear child, everyone who seeks God is forgiven by Him. His love is boundless and His mercy unfathomable.
St. Mary Magdalene was not accepted as a "prostitute", but for her own self. And as for her lifestyle, that our Lord asked her to surrender, to "sin no more". In fact, despite the very secular mis-interpretation of the Gospels, Jesus mentions sin far more than He does love. Accepting a person as a being in God does not mean to suggest that God condones that persons behaviour, or that He is suggesting that behaviour should continue.

I sense there is more to your questions than is apparent on a public forum. Please feel free, for any reason, to PM me and I can give you my e-mail address if you wish to share in private. I will not rain down fire and brimstone on you, I assure you. Nor will I judge you. I can promise to offer you an "ear"(as far as one can do so online:) ), and perhaps offer what small amount of advice as you may require.
Thanks Sanctus.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Mary had 7 devils cast out of her, where is anything said about her being a prostitute?
Lu:8:2:
And certain women,
which had been healed of evil spirits and infirmities,
Mary called Magdalene,
out of whom went seven devils,

There certainly isn't anything in the previous chapter that identifies Mary as the woman who Jesus says "Thy sins are forgiven" to. There is no relation to having 'sins forgiven' and ' healed of evil spirits and infirmities'. Is it a sin to be possessed? Infirmities would indicate an injured or broken body, when did having a broken body a sin?

Do the two names given in the next verse just come from nowhere where nothing was written about how they came to be followers?

Lu:8:3:
And Joanna the wife of Chuza Herod's steward,
and Susanna,
and many others,
which ministered unto him of their substance.

How do you know it wasn't Susanna in the previous chapter? What about Joanna, the woman Jesus saved from being stoned was married, but not mentioned by name, and here you have a married woman that is one of Jesus's followers.

How is it proved that Mary Magdalene was more important to Jesus than this other Mary.
Joh:11:2:
(It was that Mary which anointed the Lord with ointment,
and wiped his feet with her hair,
whose brother Lazarus was sick.)

Joh:11:5:
Now Jesus loved Martha,
and her sister,
and Lazarus.

Vs:2 is not a reference to the verses from Luke, it is a reference to these verses,
Joh:12:3:
Then took Mary a pound of ointment of spikenard,
very costly,
and anointed the feet of Jesus,
and wiped his feet with her hair:
and the house was filled with the odour of the ointment.
Joh:12:4:
Then saith one of his disciples,
Judas Iscariot,
Simon's son,
which should betray him,
Joh:12:5:
Why was not this ointment sold for three hundred pence,
and given to the poor?
Joh:12:6:
This he said,
not that he cared for the poor;
but because he was a thief,
and had the bag,
and bare what was put therein.
Joh:12:7:
Then said Jesus,
Let her alone:
against the day of my burying hath she kept this.

This is the same Mary also,
Lu:10:41:
And Jesus answered and said unto her,
Martha,
Martha,
thou art careful and troubled about many things:
Lu:10:42:
But one thing is needful:
and Mary hath chosen that good part,
which shall not be taken away from her.

Joh:11:32:
Then when Mary was come where Jesus was,
and saw him,
she fell down at his feet,
saying unto him,
Lord,
if thou hadst been here,
my brother had not died.
Joh:11:33:
When Jesus therefore saw her weeping,
and the Jews also weeping which came with her,
he groaned in the spirit, and was troubled,

It was Mary's words and tears that caused Jesus to groan, not Lazarus's death, He groaned over that when He came to Lazarus's tomb.

Sorry for the getting off topic but if names are going to be tossed around they might as well be the right ones.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Although. my friend (the Phd student) did also suggest that we all, certainly almost on a daily basis, hear voices in our heads (and these could certainly be speculated as the voice of god)...he suggests he often wakes to hear a banging noise, which apparently is only in his head....

I think perhaps he also drinks a tad too much lol.
I hear a tone once in a while, but I think that has to do with the equalisation of pressure around the inner ear. I already ruled out tinnitus.