Jesus Christ: Extraterrestrial

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Especially the part of the journey where you have to "eat your pain".
...and take responsibility for everything in your life, even causing all the pain you have experienced.
Thirty years ago when I woke up in that hospital bed all busted up, I did not say, "why has this happened to me?" i said, "how did I create this?" Taking responsibility is a tremendous burden and a tremendous freedom. With nobody else to blame, we are faced with looking within, and introspection, the direction of the north represented by Bear in hibernation, is the only way to reconnect with ourselves and thus with the rest of life.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
...and take responsibility for everything in your life, even causing all the pain you have experienced.

"why has this happened to me?" i said, "how did I create this?" Taking responsibility is a tremendous burden and a tremendous freedom. .
and the heart and mind meet completeing the circle....

Freedom is right. True freedom.

You can't fight for or try to protect something that you have to learn and earn first.

If that were a known in this world......

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
and the heart and mind meet completeing the circle....

Freedom is right. True freedom.

You can't fight for or try to protect something that you have to learn and earn first.

If that were a known in this world......
Yes. freedom is taken for granted in this country but the fact is that most people are slaves to the system precisely because they have taken it for granted and have failed to take responsibility for it. It cannot be won through insurrection or protected from outside forces. It is a state of mind that can only be reached through the acceptance of our responsibility.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Nah. The ease and pleasure with which you can leave what you have is your measure of freedom.
It's the basic principle behind the potlatch. Potlatch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In a culture obsessed with accumulation of stuff the Potlatch doesn't make sense - the one with the most toys wins! pretty hard for some to grasp the concept of a shared destiny, of making sure everyone has an equal chance at survival. Tribal societies were about group consciousness. Ours is about every man for himself (although some seem to rise above that).

I was at a winter solstice ceremony at Hobema years ago while visiting a spiritual elder. We gathered in a large hall with about four hundred others. There were piles of food, blankets and clothing in the middle of the floor. He blessed it all and then everything was equally distributed to everyone in the hall. I was the only non-Cree person in the room. Afterward about thirty people lined up to shake my hand and thank me for participating in their ceremony. Needless to say, I was blown away!

This ceremony harkened back to the days of the winter tipi camps when they shared everything in the camp so everyone had an equal chance to survive the winter.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
In a culture obsessed with accumulation of stuff the Potlatch doesn't make sense - the one with the most toys wins! pretty hard for some to grasp the concept of a shared destiny, of making sure everyone has an equal chance at survival. Tribal societies were about group consciousness. Ours is about every man for himself (although some seem to rise above that).

I was at a winter solstice ceremony at Hobema years ago while visiting a spiritual elder. We gathered in a large hall with about four hundred others. There were piles of food, blankets and clothing in the middle of the floor. He blessed it all and then everything was equally distributed to everyone in the hall. I was the only non-Cree person in the room. Afterward about thirty people lined up to shake my hand and thank me for participating in their ceremony. Needless to say, I was blown away!

This ceremony harkened back to the days of the winter tipi camps when they shared everything in the camp so everyone had an equal chance to survive the winter.

After the sweetgrass ceremony this morning I'm liking their way of doing things more and more,we could learn much from it.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
After the sweetgrass ceremony this morning I'm liking their way of doing things more and more,we could learn much from it.
What they have to teach could solve many of our woes if people would practice them. The web of life is a very important aspect of the teachings - the interconnectedness and interdependence of all life.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I don't believe in ghosts and I don't believe in aliens so be damned if you'll ever get me to believe in an alien ghost.

countryboy

Traditionally Progressive
Nov 30, 2009
BC
I don't believe in ghosts and I don't believe in aliens so be damned if you'll ever get me to believe in an alien ghost.

I'm open on both subjects...I'm not smart enough to absolutely know for certain that there are no such things. Besides, if I knew everything, life would be boring! :-| (But where did the "alien ghost" come from? Did I miss something here?)

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I'm open on both subjects...I'm not smart enough to absolutely know for certain that there are no such things. Besides, if I knew everything, life would be boring! :-| (But where did the "alien ghost" come from? Did I miss something here?)
If Joshua (aka jesus) is an alien then the holy spirit would be the ghost of an alien would it not?

countryboy

Traditionally Progressive
Nov 30, 2009
BC
If Joshua (aka jesus) is an alien then the holy spirit would be the ghost of an alien would it not?

Jesus (or Joshua)! I do need to spend more time here! How did I miss that one? OK, I got it. Thanks. :-|