Jesus Christ: Extraterrestrial

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Laughter is devine, especially so if the subject is your own person.
If you can't laugh at yourself, you don't have a sense of humour. If you take yourself seriously, then you might blow a gasket some day and then where would you be? Toast? Pushing up daisies? A vegetable in a Psych ward?

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I find it hard to read an article without letting the past expressed opinions of the poster tint my view, thus I find it hard to believe that db wasn't being mocking, thus offensive by default.

But, to pretend for a second that the op is an earnest attempt to discuss the nature of god, I don't think putting the label 'extraterrestrial' on most people's notions of god is flawed at all. Trying to say god was a little green alien, now that would be flawed. Saying he's from beyond the earth, technically correct by the teaching of the bible, and churches all across the world. It's how you view the term 'extraterrestrial' that makes it right or wrong I suppose. Semantics and nothing more.

No mocking, honest Karrie. That was the old me, I have been suitably sensitized by approximation to you other human specimins.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
A liitle old lady has been teaching me about the medicine wheel and it defines spirituality before any mention of Jesus.
Some should read up on it as it is the sacred hoop of life and holds no god as being superior.This gal left a good job in a hospital many years ago as she was getting burnt out not being able to deal with the patients as anything but that.
She wanted to help people in a different way and so went into physchology and now travels all over Alberta talking to people and spending time with the less fortunate and I have learned much from Ruth in my talks with her.
I have learned to respect others beliefs as there's allways some wisdom in any religion.

But here's a nice indian prayer anyways that she told me today.

An indian prayer
"oh great spirit,whose voice I hear in the winds and whose breath gives life to all the world,hear me.
I come before you,one of your many children.I am small and weak.I need your strength and wisdom.
Let me walk in beauty and make my eyes ever behold the red and purple sunset.Make my hands respect the things you have made,my ears sharp to hear your voice.
Make me wise,so that I may know the things you have taught my people,the lesson you have hidden in every leaf and rock.
I seek strength,not to be superior to my brothers,but to be able to fight my greatest enemy-myself.
Make me ever ready to come to you with clean hands and straight eyes,so when life fades as a fading sunset,my spirit may come to you without shame.
By Yellow Lark
Sioux indian chief

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
Very interesting read Kakato ...It is amazing how far we have come in our understanding of ourselves and surroundings thanks to the 1st greats..Who kept asking ...But why..But why ..But why..(like my 3yr old niece).What's even more incredible is the fact the we exsist at all.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
Very interesting read Kakato ...It is amazing how far we have come in our understanding of ourselves and surroundings thanks to the 1st greats..Who kept asking ...But why..But why ..But why..(like my 3yr old niece).What's even more incredible is the fact the we exsist at all.

well im still trying to digest all she said to me today,this is a remarkable woman and the wheel is something we all live by weather we like it or not,the 4 seasons are represented as our journey through life and there's no real god mentioned and we have a lot to learn about native culture and they have much to teach about spirituality.

I wont explain why I decided to go see her,I cant,it's just something I did as she was speaking at an addiction center and someone told me I might find it interesting as I was a pot addict at one time and the folks there are mostly native with a few exceptions and I have allways been interested in native culture and beliefs.
I'm going back tommorow as I dont have to work for another week and might even do some volunteering on days off.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Perhaps god is merely intense energy from our own galaxy going Seyfert scrambling the snot out of amino acid crystalline structures thus forcing rapid evolution?

Naaaahhhhhhhhh could never happen.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I might post the rest of what she explained about the wheel in a new topic as I found it fascinating and worth mentioning if anyone's interested.
The circle is a universal symbol for life and the spiritual. The Medicine wheel represents many things: the four directions, the four seasons, the four stages of life, the four aspects of the spiritual journey and many others. The study of the complex symbolism contained in the Medicine wheel has been a fourty year journey for me. But I fear that I have neglected my journey of late. Just getting back into it.
I wish you a happy voyage on this path. It is not one for the weak of spirit.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
The circle is a universal symbol for life and the spiritual. The Medicine wheel represents many things: the four directions, the four seasons, the four stages of life, the four aspects of the spiritual journey and many others. The study of the complex symbolism contained in the Medicine wheel has been a fourty year journey for me. But I fear that I have neglected my journey of late. Just getting back into it.

Spiritually it's been years since I've been to church,the wheel seems more tuned into life and the fact you are your own god and have the power to do anything.

As for the weed,been clean a long time,I did what I did today on my own choosing and I'm not really sure why but glad I did and I'm the only one who gets to leave that place at night.:lol:

Maybe I just want to give something back.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Especially the part of the journey where you have to "eat your pain".

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
I think what made me do what i did today was seeing all the hate on here,I needed to see some reality and people that have lived the good and bad of life to make sure humanity had some hope left in it.

Last edited by a moderator: